Media Scores for Thompson vs. Till

Well there you have it.

Less than 10 strikes landed in a round and people herald Till as a striker?

Must be an awfully low bar.
I see you giving Thompson a pass. Till outlanded him. WB is suppose to be the best striker in the entire UFC....

Last edited:
Looks like the winners of this match were the people who couldn't watch due to the screwy time difference. Go me.

For me it's a clear cut draw as no one did anything to win.

I don't respect the 10 point must system and MMA should distance itself as far away from boxing as possible.

Any fight this close is automatically a draw in my books.

Till outstruck, outlanded, and outgunned Wonderboy. If this fight took place anywhere but the UK, nobody would be calling it a robbery.

Wonderboy had his legs battered and was dropped, and on the offense side of things did nothing of note the entire fight.

For some reason Sherdog just doesn't like British fighters winning decisions in the UK.

Most of us scored it the same way.

That said, when you are in someone elses home town, you have to bring it. WB certainly did NOT do that, and Till appeared to press the action.

I was not at all shocked by the decision, even though I thought Thompson outlanded him overall.
Took the words outta my mouth. I feel Wonderboy clearly won, but the decision doesn't bother me.

Going backwards never looks good to judges even it's exactly what you wanted to do.

I'm glad they didn't reward WB's point fighting style.

Funny how it didn’t work out that way in the second Woodley fight.

This is a ridiculous way of thinking. You are excusing incompetence. Yeah WB should have done better than win 3 or 4 rounds because it was Till's home town. Dumb.
yeah, it may be dumb, but it is a sad truth unfortunately. at least in boxing this is a very well known... fact. I talked to a very well known boxer from my country, who fought for the world title in Italy against an Italian champion. he already went there with the mindset, that he has to KO him or he loses the decision. he ended up losing by a cut, for which an amateur sparring session should not be stopped for. so, there you go.

maxresdefault.jpg

img_2293.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

examples of mma media members
Example of mma judge.
Adalaide_display_image.jpg

“Mma media” are glorified sherdog shitposters. Their opinion doesn’t really matter.

The decision was fair, you could argue every round was 10-10, save for the last one, when Till got the knockdown.

Why does it matter if you’re in someone else’s hometown? Judging should be unbiased and fair, regardless of location.

Till gets points for standing in the center of the octagon but doesn’t get penalized for not throwing any power lefts?

Why does it matter if you’re in someone else’s hometown? Judging should be unbiased and fair, regardless of location.

Till gets points for standing in the center of the octagon but doesn’t get penalized for not throwing any power lefts?

Should be, but it isn't, it was always like that. Not even corruption. Fans overreacting whatever their hometown fighter will do will sublimely influence judges.

For me it's a clear cut draw as no one did anything to win.

I don't respect the 10 point must system and MMA should distance itself as far away from boxing as possible.

Any fight this close is automatically a draw in my books.

By Pride standards a clear till win IMHO with the knockdown.

Most of us scored it the same way.

That said, when you are in someone elses home town, you have to bring it. WB certainly did NOT do that, and Till appeared to press the action.

I was not at all shocked by the decision, even though I thought Thompson outlanded him overall.
I'm ok with a Till split win...but 49-46...
d0a.gif

Back