Measles outbreak raging in Europe could be brought to U.S., doctors warn

Yeah, weird. Is it because of a few "antivaxers" or a huge influx of 3rd worlders?

I dont know, whats the immunization ratio in the third world?

Yea now continue his point with actual research

Even the most severely immunocompromised individuals can be around recently vaccinated people with all vaccines, the ONLY exceptions being the live polio vaccine

And the small pox vaccine, which you can spread by brushing up against someone.

I thought his point was that the vaccine was responsible for the outbreak. It goes to his original ridiculous statement of "I would like to bet that this started in the vaccinated community". How did you interpret that statement?

That was his point.

..... That is actually how vaccination works, and that was his point...

Virus =/= disease.

An attenuated virus doesnt gives you measles.

What about them? That list includes renowned Anti-vax profiteers like Mercola, Tenpenny, Brogan, and, best of all, Andrew Wakefield, who isn't even a licensed physician anymore after being completely discredited.

Antivax profiteers? That's rich coming from someone promoting the position pushed by companies with billions of dollars staked on vaccination... I'm assuming you don't see the irony. Regardless, your attempted hand wave dismissing a list of 70 plus doctors seems lazy on you part, although I am curious to know how you would attack their professional credentials seeing as they are trained, and as far as I can tell licensed, as medical doctors.

What about Dr William Thompson? He is a CDC Phd researcher who claimed (on a recorded line) that a high profile study on vaccination and autism was tampered with after finding an association.

"I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics. The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism. Decisions were made regarding which findings to report after the data were collected, and I believe that the final study protocol was not followed..."

https://legislature.vermont.gov/assets/Documents/2016/WorkGroups/House Health Care/Bills/H.98/Witness Testimony/H.98~Jennifer Stella~William Thompson Statement~5-6-2015.pdf

Last edited:
And they can revert to being a live virus in rare cases. Nothing is foolproof.

Yeah, I don't know where this guy is getting his info from, there was a high profile study that looked at whooping cough spreading through vaccinated groups.

Acellular pertussis vaccines protect against disease but fail to prevent infection and transmission in a nonhuman primate model

"In this study, we show nonhuman primates vaccinated with aP were protected from severe symptoms but not infection and readily transmitted Bordetella pertussis to contacts. Vaccination with wP and previous infection induced a more rapid clearance compared with naïve and aP-vaccinated animals. While all groups possessed robust antibody responses, key differences in T-cell memory suggest that aP vaccination induces a suboptimal immune response that is unable to prevent infection."

Jesus Christ, you're just spamming links without even understanding the material. Do you know what attenuated means? Do you know how vaccines work? The answer to both is fuck no. GTFO with this nonsense.

Truth.

Its actually quite rare for an attenuated viri to become active again. Most vaccines use dead viri fwiw but not all respond similarly for rates of protection due to the nature of them, hence why some use attenuated ones.

Bio 101 was fun. Anatomy/physiology 4th year was better.

Antivax profiteers? That's rich coming from someone promoting the position pushed by companies with billions of dollars staked on vaccination... I'm assuming you don't see the irony. Regardless, your attempted hand wave dismissing a list of 70 plus doctors seems lazy on you part, although I am curious to know how you would attack their professional credentials seeing as they are trained, and as far as I can tell licensed, as medical doctors.

What about Dr William Thompson? He is a CDC Phd researcher who claimed (on a recorded line) that a high profile study on vaccination and autism was tampered with after finding an association.

"I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics. The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism. Decisions were made regarding which findings to report after the data were collected, and I believe that the final study protocol was not followed..."

https://legislature.vermont.gov/assets/Documents/2016/WorkGroups/House Health Care/Bills/H.98/Witness Testimony/H.98~Jennifer Stella~William Thompson Statement~5-6-2015.pdf
https://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/2...thompson-documents-theres-no-whistle-to-blow/

I couldn't get past the first few paragraphs because the author doesn't actually address the topic. Instead he emphasizes others' involvement before predictably moving to slander Dr Thompson:

"Frankly it appears to me as though Thompson was involved in a bit of a quid pro quo: Thompson coaching Hooker in ways to spread fear about vaccines in exchange for a chance to be involved in a hearing."

My understanding is that Thompson has worked on several vaccine studies and approached a vocal vaccine skeptic (who I believe has professional credentials) and expressed concern (confidentially and without knowledge of being recorded) over the state of vaccine research and in particular how prior study (one study in particular) results were manipulated. He even doubled down and released a lawyer and released an official statement (part of which I quoted).

How does your op ed prove/disprove his claim. Care to give a cliffs note version of your citation?

I couldn't get past the first few paragraphs because the author doesn't actually address the topic. Instead he emphasizes others' involvement before predictably moving to slander Dr Thompson:

"Frankly it appears to me as though Thompson was involved in a bit of a quid pro quo: Thompson coaching Hooker in ways to spread fear about vaccines in exchange for a chance to be involved in a hearing."

My understanding is that Thompson has worked on several vaccine studies and approached a vocal vaccine skeptic (who I believe has professional credentials) and expressed concern (confidentially and without knowledge of being recorded) over the state of vaccine research and in particular how prior study (one study in particular) results were manipulated. He even doubled down and released a lawyer and released an official statement (part of which I quoted).

How does your op ed prove/disprove his claim. Care to give a cliffs note version of your citation?
Here’s an example of his annotations. And a great example of trying to make data fit a story. Thompson appears to be trying to support the idea that the CDC team changed the protocol to include the birth certificate analysis in response to analyzing the race data:

The implication that the race analysis and had somehow influenced the final protocol (as Wakefield and Hooker have claimed and this comment appears to support) is just plain wrong. First, as we have already seen, the birth certificate analysis was included from first draft of the analysis plan, in April 2001. That’s four months before this meeting note. Second, the so-called “race effect” isn’t seen in this meeting note. In fact, we see the opposite: “not statistically associated with case/control variable”.

What exactly are you (lol)ing about?
You seem to be implying if you casually brush against someone who got the vaccine you will contract small pox. This is laughable. Sure if they don't cover the vaccination site and you roll around in their bed sheets you may contract it

You seem to be implying if you casually brush against someone who got the vaccine you will contract small pox. This is laughable. Sure if they don't cover the vaccination site and you roll around in their bed sheets you may contract it

Why is that laughable? Other than because you'd like it to be.

Back