Me sidekicking for 30 seconds straight

You claimed I put on clips instead of training, as if these two things stood in opposition to each other.
...yes very good. That was my point. For you training and improving seems to be the opposite of what you are doing. Posting clips and not getting any better

...yes very good. That was my point. For you training and improving seems to be the opposite of what you are doing. Posting clips and not getting any better

I'm not not changing my style because some yellow belt, sherdog keyboard warriors, who doesnt even know that there are two distinct ways of chambering in TKD, that you should pivot the supporting foot, and that some stylist use jazzy arms when kicking, feels differently. He knows NOTHING about TKD. nOTHing. The things I mentioned are fucking basic.

And I'm not changing my style IF it was from a fellow ITF either. I kick the way I feel comfortable, and I train for my own enjoyment only. Period.

Look what you made me do

Not bad. You even almost dropped that silly anime superhero pose you do after the other kicks.

You should use this kick more often the the rear sidekick.

IMO the rear side kick can only be used against a person with horrible kick defense, or a person that are gassed or hurt/rocked.

I beg to differ sir...

iu
He lives on the bottom of the sea so it still counts as NAUTICAL. ;]

Last edited:
Not bad. You even almost dropped that silly anime superhero pose you do after the other kicks.

IMO the rear side kick can only be used against a person with horrible kick defense, or a person that are gassed or hurt/rocked.

I do fight like this sometimes, and vary by hooking off the lead leg to keep them guessing. They tend to circle a lot though and stay out of range.

It's not as bad as his rear leg sidekick, but it's still pretty terrible. Note his stance; his feet are lined up such that he's facing well to the left of the camera, yet his kick comes directly at the camera. In other words, he's actually facing the target with his back side while setting up for the kick, do that against an actual opponent and you'll get punished so hard it's not even funny.

But spacetime has to stand that way because he doesn't have the balance & flexibility to get full rotation on a sidekick, his kick always comes up about 30° short of the centre line of his stance. Watch his rear leg sidekick video, his stance faces directly at the camera but his kick ends up 30° to the left. In this one, the kick comes at the camera but his stance is facing 20-30° past the camera. He literally can't hit a target that's standing right in front of him on the centre line!

It's not as bad as his rear leg sidekick, but it's still pretty terrible. Note his stance; his feet are lined up such that he's facing well to the left of the camera, yet his kick comes directly at the camera. In other words, he's actually facing the target with his back side while setting up for the kick, do that against an actual opponent and you'll get punished so hard it's not even funny.

But spacetime has to stand that way because he doesn't have the balance & flexibility to get full rotation on a sidekick, his kick always comes up about 30° short of the centre line of his stance. Watch his rear leg sidekick video, his stance faces directly at the camera but his kick ends up 30° to the left. In this one, the kick comes at the camera but his stance is facing 20-30° past the camera. He literally can't hit a target that's standing right in front of him on the centre line!

Why don't you bring a measuring device into the ring, to check my stance and posture, while I get my right hand? I mean the things you write are so fucking nerdy it's cringeworthy. Fucking armchair philosopher.

I can't believe this troll thread is still going on.

EzQZlfa.gif

GSP is not a Taekwondo guy and he still pulled one off
https://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=https://strikingthoughtssite.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/gsp-side-kick-comp.gif?w=431&imgrefurl=https://strikingthoughtssite.wordpress.com/2017/11/12/michael-bisping-vs-george-st-pierre-the-show-of-wisdom-technical-breakdown/&h=246&w=431&tbnid=bjn7c73rcttbeM&tbnh=169&tbnw=297&vet=1&docid=45fDbr5iil8VxM

It's not more powerful with the lead. Compare throwing a roundhouse kick with your lead leg compared to your rear one. There is a longer rotation - more room for acceleration=more power

A round kick isn't the same as a side kick. You're just putting all that extra rotational distance and force into chambering the kick. I think gsp landed it because most guys expect a round kick but Bisping still saw it coming, got some distance and tried to deflect it. Not a bad plan to throw someone off if you don't do it too often but you still have to do it well.

Actually, you'd probably be better off doing a spinning back kick.

Last edited:
I do fight like this sometimes, and vary by hooking off the lead leg to keep them guessing. They tend to circle a lot though and stay out of range.

I'm curious what kind of results you'd get fighting southpaw with a lead leg side kick. Sounds like you might just be more comfortable side kicking with the right leg.

A round kick isn't the same as a side kick. You're putting all that extra rotational force into chambering the kick. I think gsp landed it because most guys expect a round kick but Bisping still saw it coming, got some distance and tried to deflect it.

I land this kick all the time in sparring by throwing a few leg kicks and when my opponent starts expecting it to go low, I throw a sidekick from a low chamber. It is a very deceiving kick, because the hip and body rotation looks almost identical to a low kick or roundhouse to the body.

Back