Mcgregors last 4 fights..

IMAFIGHTER.jpg

SWEET.jpg

LOL these pics only show that Conor does not know how to box.....

vs Diaz 1: gassed, submitted.

Vs Diaz 2: ran, eeked out a majority decision over an average lightweight

Vs Alvarez: looked good can’t take anything away from it.

Vs Mayweather: got his head bounced around by a semi-retired manlet boxer.

With that said, why is this so hyped? Mcgregor has looked like a shit in 3/4 of his fights in the last 2 years. He gassed, got submitted, and got tko’d.

People made a big deal over khabib 50-43ing Iaquinta while messing around but ignore mcgregors subpar performances when fighting people his size. This fight is all hype. It won’t be close.
This 100%
I've been hearing people try and prop this guy up, but in reality he is arguably 1-3 in his last four

Khabib and Conor have the same amount of top 5 wins at lightweight
Conor actually beat a champion to become champion. His best win at LW is better than Khabib's best win. Meanwhile, Khabib actually fights at LW and has numerous wins there. Barboza, Johnson, RDA, and Iafrate are credible wins for sure. His LW resume is significantly better overall than McGregor's. The problem is that as a champ he's in a weird place because he's never beaten Ferguson or the previous champ, so his own title isn't truly undisputed. A solid win over McGregor, which seems the most likely outcome of their fight in my eyes, will cement his claim. Best case scenario is that if he beats McGregor he fights Ferguson next, but the UFC may simply not be interested in setting that fight up for a fifth time.

Should he just stand in front of Diaz while he's exhausted for your pleasure?

I guess it's not worth mentioning, in your mind, that Conor won the fight pretty handily and outclassed the guy in the first two rounds

I'm not a Conor super hater, but it wasn't a fight that he won handily, in the judges eyes, but a close contest which he prevailed in. One judge had it a Draw and the other 2 had it 48-47. 5-0, 4-1 scores fall more in the category of having it in the bag. Not saying Conor's win over Nate wasn't legit (it was) but it wasn't a cakewalk.

I'm not a Conor super hater, but it wasn't a fight that he won handily, in the judges eyes, but a close contest which he prevailed in. One judge had it a Draw and the other 2 had it 48-47. 5-0, 4-1 scores fall more in the category of having it in the bag. Not saying Conor's win over Nate wasn't legit (it was) but it wasn't a cakewalk.
It wasn't easy but he was never in a ton of trouble and I cannot see a draw whatsoever... you have to give Nate a 10-8 for that and I maintained since fight night that giving Nate a 10-8 but not giving Conor a 10-8 is ridiculous. Conor inflicted the most damage by far.

I saw the fight 3-2 but the three were lopsided and the two were pretty much only due to Conor exhausting himself. It wasn't a particularly close fight, the way I saw it

Alverez was more then looked good. Alverez had no issue wrestle fucking black belt pettis and couldnt even get close to Conor before getting dropped in the 1st minute. Post fight Alverez said he didnt even know what he got hit with. The finishing combo was arguably the best counter straight we've seen in the UFC.

Diaz isnt some average lw, he has issues with wrestlers with good cardio and sub defense. All things Conor doesn't havet. Diaz subbed jim miller, a bjj black belt with very good submission grappling, Conor at least survived the initial guillotine off the takedown, unlike miller. Diaz is tied with maia for the 3rd most UFC subs in UFC history.

Diaz is heavier, taller, long reach. He has solid hands, insane cardio, iron chin, top level bjj. Also a lifetime of experience boxing with his southpaw brother, who is a pretty damn good boxer.

Sometimes a fighter can't be judged by their fight record. Its who beat them, how they beat them, and when they beat them. Diaz is just a terrible matchup for mcgregor. 1st fight back from a hiatus, Diaz looked physically better then ever and tooled southpaw MJ on the feet.
Nate is also a southpaw, which takes away Conor's best weapon, the left counter to a right cross. Conor had to counter Diaz's jab, which doesn't have the same sting since Diaz pulls back just as the jab lands. Nate's long reach also takes away Conor's posts and frames. He can't keep Nate away by just straight arming him since he's still in range of the jab and constantly has to close the distance. That more than anything taxes Mcgregor's cardio.

48-47 48-47 and 47-47 is eeking out.
Eddie is 3-3-1 in the ufc aka average.
Floyd is 5’6 so he is a Manlet

LOL at calling Eddie average. Do you even realize the level of competition he's fought?? Cerrone, Pettis, Gil, RDA, Conor, Poirier 2x and Gaetche....and he's 4-3-1 BTW....lets not skew the numbers here. This guy has fought nothing but top 5 guys since coming into the UFC.....having a winning record is very impressive and elite level.

Comments like this just show the immaturity of mma fans. You have to realize that 95% of fighters that fight top 5 opponents have average .500 records, some higher some lower. Look at the records of Gustafffson, JDS, RDA, Mendes, Edgar, Wonderboy, Rockhold, Weidman, Maia, Pettis, Barbosa, Jacare. Random 12 fighters that are considered to be consistent top 5/10 guys. Take a look at their records vs top 5 ranked opponents and come back to me. Guess by your standard they're all average fighters.

Should he just stand in front of Diaz while he's exhausted for your pleasure?

I guess it's not worth mentioning, in your mind, that Conor won the fight pretty handily and outclassed the guy in the first two rounds
You know damn well that if it was another fighter who ran like that, you'd be talking crap about them instead.

Bottom line, McGregor got tired and ran for his life. McGregor tried to run away from Mayweather too. McGregor can try and run away from Khabib but you can't run when you're pinned against the canvas and getting blasted with punches.

You know damn well that if it was another fighter who ran like that, you'd be talking crap about them instead.

Bottom line, McGregor got tired and ran for his life. McGregor tried to run away from Mayweather too. McGregor can try and run away from Khabib but you can't run when you're pinned against the canvas and getting blasted with punches.
Nah, not really... I don't mind it for escaping a bad situation. This isn't boxing and doing it situationally isn't considered timidity.

I made fun of Overeem for doing it against Stipe, but that was in good fun. He had to, Stipe was stalking him. Conor was tired and getting stalked as well.

Back