Mcgregors last 4 fights..

Nate = bad matchup
Eddie = Perfect matchup
Floyd= it was a boxing match
Khabib=?

good points but Alvarez was the champ and he beat aldo impressive fashion

Sensitive? Lol? Hes clearly not being objective

Stating FACTS doesn’t make you objective?

- He QUIT against Nayt - FACT

- He did a lot of RUNNING (call it “resetting” if you don’t want to have your feelings hurt) in the rematch - FACT

- He REKT Eddie Sanchez - FACT

- He was FINISHED by a 40 year old 145’er - FACT

What exactly are you arguing here? The language TS used was a little too harsh for your sensitive eyes?

<{yahyou}>

You don't have to like the guy to realize he's figured out a way to galvanize the fight world. Conor is hyped because he is hype. He's made his money by shooting off his mouth, winning some very exciting fights, and knocking out some legit fighters.

Stating FACTS doesn’t make you objective?

- He QUIT against Nayt - FACT

- He did a lot of RUNNING (call it “resetting” if you don’t want to have your feelings hurt) in the rematch - FACT

- He REKT Eddie Sanchez - FACT

- He was FINISHED by a 40 year old 145’er - FACT

What exactly are you arguing here? The language TS used was a little too harsh for your sensitive eyes?

<{yahyou}>

'Eked out', 'average lightweight', 'manlet boxer', 'looked like shit'

But you knew all this
... yawn

'Eked out', 'average lightweight', 'manlet boxer', 'looked like shit'

But you knew all this
... yawn
48-47 48-47 and 47-47 is eeking out.
Eddie is 3-3-1 in the ufc aka average.
Floyd is 5’6 so he is a Manlet

That's called repositioning. He only ever did it for a couple of seconds at a time, then stopped to fight. It's Nate's fault he did nothing to try to cut the octagon, instead he just walked after Conor.

But what am I saying, actual fight analysis goes way above the heads of people like you.

Exactly. If a fighter is able to run around the Octagon without getting touched, it's a huge failure on his opponents behalf. Granted it's easier to cut off a ring than an Octagon, but Nate Diaz was literally following him around. Gotta cut that shit off.

If anything that's a high fight IQ move by McGregor to realize he's a little gassed and needs some space to recover.

vs Diaz 1: gassed, submitted.

Vs Diaz 2: ran, eeked out a majority decision over an average lightweight

Vs Alvarez: looked good can’t take anything away from it.

Vs Mayweather: got his head bounced around by a semi-retired manlet boxer.

With that said, why is this so hyped? Mcgregor has looked like a shit in 3/4 of his fights in the last 2 years. He gassed, got submitted, and got tko’d.

People made a big deal over khabib 50-43ing Iaquinta while messing around but ignore mcgregors subpar performances when fighting people his size. This fight is all hype. It won’t be close.

1. You're mostly right about diaz 1. He gassed and got submitted. I think you left out the most important part, which is that McGregor quit.
2. The rematch with Diaz was a great fight which people disparage because they have an axe to grind. McGregor dominated Diaz, dropping him three times, until McGregor gassed. The most important part of this fight was that McGregor didn't quit and showed some heart.
3. Calling Diaz an average LW is noob level bullshit. Diaz is a really good LW with holes in his game. If you can exploit those holes you can beat him and make it look easy. Some of the most elite LWs, Benson Henderson and RDA made Diaz look pretty bad. But if your game doesn't match up well with his, he's a tough out. In his own way, Diaz is as bad a match up for McGregor as Khabib is. I'm not saying this to exonerate McGregor for quitting in the first fight. I'm saying it to give Nate some damn credit.
4. Mayweather carried McGregor. No surprise. McGregor has no business fighting top boxers.
5. McGregor's fight with Alvarez was extremely impressive.

McGregor looked very good in two of his last fights and looked bad in two. If you look at his last four MMA fights, he beat the FW GOAT, the LW champ, last a bad fight, and fought a gritty war to avenge that loss. Personally, I think Khabib wears him out Cain vs JDS (2 and 3) style, with a non-trivial chance of a Cain vs JDS 1 outcome. But there's a reason fans find this fight compelling. Easily one of the best strikers against easily one of the best grapplers.

I don't care which fighter you root for, if you aren't interested in this fight, MMA might not be your thing.

Last edited:
I mean I could bring up how subpar wrestler Eddie still was able to clinch mcgregor on multiple occasions even after being rocked

He did clinch in round 2 with zero success because Conor's wrist control was on point.

Mayweather is not a fight. It was a boxing match. In a fight he would’ve broke one of his limbs off.

Back