McGregor's boxing is worse than I thought

they're gonna feel like suckers after it's over, that is if they have any real sense.
No they won't. They'll talk about how brave McGregor was and ask why Floyd won't fight in the UFC. None of them will admit that they were duped.

Lol then why didn't Pauline

Oh you're right.

Pauly IS Floyd Mayweather and has the EXACT SAME SKILL LEVEL.

How could I have been so blind!??! Thank you surgeyou1!!! Your powers of deduction are amazing!!! Go solve crimes!!! Go! Go! For the good of humanity!!!!

<YeahOKJen>

Oh you're right.

Pauly IS Floyd Mayweather and has the EXACT SAME SKILL LEVEL.

How could I have been so blind!??! Thank you surgeyou1!!! Your powers of deduction are amazing!!! Go solve crimes!!! Go! Go! For the good of humanity!!!!

<YeahOKJen>

Moving the goalposts yet again.

6 months ago Pauline and most of the people here like you would have said Conor couldn't even touch him in boxing.

If Conor is such a novice, Pauline should have pieced him up with ease.

as a huge Conor fan, i was very disappointed but thank god we have very skillful boxers coming up right around the corner. even though I will be heartbroken when Canelo gets murked lol

I've had rows with friends over this fight. Guys I've been watching boxing with for many years that actually give mcgregor a realistic puchers chance. They keep banging on about size, reach and power, yet ignore how the likes of cotto and canelo did against him with the same advantages. People are taking leave of their senses

I was intending to get a good nights sleep, but now I'm going to have to stay up till 6 in the morning so I can take the piss out of these mugs

Conor has more reach than Canelo and Cotto. I'm pretty sure he has a bigger reach than anyone Floyd has faced in at least the last decade+.

Attributes are a real thing. Age and size can definitely play a part.

Lot of people are acting like they know exactly what Floyd will look like at 40 and what shots he can still take. To not give Conor at least a solid puncher's chance is asinine.

This is box.

• It would make sense really, when you figure that Floyds toughest fights have been against guys who were less textbook.

Augustus might have been hard for Mayweather to figure out but he was never remotely even near losing. Conner isn't as athletic, skilled, trained, or as fast as Augustus. When Augustus fought for a belt, he buckled down and conventionally. Even he knew unconventalness has a lot of drawbacks. Too many unless you have the training to work an awkward and ugly fight or the power to finish. Conner has nothing to bring to the table with his awkwardness.

I think Conner's base is of the mindset of Trump voters. Maybe, someone who doesn't have a clue has a better idea in how to run the system.

People are forgetting how much a good boxer can take away from you. If Mayweather turns this into an inside boxing match, Conner will be completely useless. Conor doesn't know how the fight inside. Mayweather can. He worked hatton inside. It wouldn't be too hard to smother Conner inside and take everything away. Nothing about iinside fighting is intuitive. You got to be trained to do it.

Last edited:
Conor has more reach than Canelo and Cotto. I'm pretty sure he has a bigger reach than anyone Floyd has faced in at least the last decade+.

Lot of people are acting like they know exactly what Floyd will look like at 40 and what shots he can still take. To not give Conor at least a solid puncher's chance is asinine.

This is box.
Has Floyd ever fought someone with a 74inch reach professionally? I can't think of anyone.

He always does weird warm ups like flapping his arms around. He's got a thing for weird little movement exercises who cares.

its going to be fucking hilarious this whole thing

my son who likes MMA, has just tried to have a discussion with me, and the only thing he could come up with was "but Floyd hasnt fought for 2 years and have you seen Connor"

i then showed him a few videos of Mayweather fighting....his response...."i dont like boxing, i dont really get what is going on"

Yeah...that's pretty much what is going to go through Connors head after the first round

This is box.
This. Technique is overrated as hell around here. I've said before Conor has a lot of advantages that he doesn't get credit for. More weight, more reach, more youth. Plus, list one boxing match Conor has lost. I'll wait.

This. Technique is overrated as hell around here. I've said before Conor has a lot of advantages that he doesn't get credit for. More weight, more reach, more youth. Plus, list one boxing match Conor has lost. I'll wait.

This is box.

Agreed. After Connor disposes of Floyd I'd like to see him step up and face Thon Maker. Maker has even longer arms, is younger and has similarly never lost a professional boxing match.

Moving the goalposts yet again.

6 months ago Pauline and most of the people here like you would have said Conor couldn't even touch him in boxing.

If Conor is such a novice, Pauline should have pieced him up with ease.

It's not a goalpost and I never said what you're insinuating.

Floyd > Paulie

Name an mma fight mugsy bogues has lost. I'll wait.

What a dumb argument.

Nicolai valuev had height reach and youth on john Ruiz. I guess that's why he won?

If you think all you need to do is weigh more, have a longer reach and be younger to win a fight your brain has obviously had enough and gone into hibernation.

Name an mma fight mugsy bogues has lost. I'll wait.

What a dumb argument.

Nicolai valuev had height reach and youth on john Ruiz. I guess that's why he won?

If you think all you need to do is weigh more, have a longer reach and be younger to win a fight your brain has obviously had enough and gone into hibernation.
Keep drinking that haterade. Conor Bless.

<[analyzed}>

He looks awkward because he's not very good. He looks awkward because you're used to watching training vids of guys with real skills. This looks like a guy who took a month of boxercise classes.

... he looks awkward because... he's not a boxer.

Keep drinking that haterade. Conor Bless.

Seriously what self-respecting male says 'conor bless' and worships any man? Seems alot of guys on here want some Irish dick in their mouth...they have bars for that in Dublin.

Agreed. After Connor disposes of Floyd I'd like to see him step up and face Thon Maker. Maker has even longer arms, is younger and has similarly never lost a professional boxing match.
He could step up and fight a juvenile giant squid in the ocean somewhere. He's definitely outgunned there.

Back