McGregor's boxing is worse than I thought

Andy Anderson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought he had some fundamental skills. It turns out he does not even know how to do some simple things. Unless he is super athletic, which he is not, he is not going to touch Mayweather

His boxing looks about as good as I thought it'd be based on those clips. Poor footwork and no defense. You can't learn these things just a few months.

You're right, he won't touch Floyd

His boxing looks about as good as I thought it'd be based on those clips. Poor footwork and no defense. You can't learn these things just a few months.

You're right, he won't touch Floyd

The thing I think is the worst, is his lack of head movement. I watched a few videos of him hitting the heavy bag. His punch technique actually looked decent, however, he did not move his head once.

The thing I think is the worst, is his lack of head movement. I watched a few videos of him hitting the heavy bag. His punch technique actually looked decent, however, he did not move his head once.
Everyone knows you need:

He looks terribly awkward from a conventional perspective but that is what makes it so compelling, the constant switching, the darting in and out , the punches from weird angles. The first couple rds are going to be torrid imo. It seems an energy sapping style though and I expect McG to start getting pieced up after 4/5rds as he slows.

He looks terribly awkward from a conventional perspective but that is what makes it so compelling, the constant switching, the darting in and out , the punches from weird angles. The first couple rds are going to be torrid imo. It seems an energy sapping style though and I expect McG to start getting pieced up after 4/5rds as he slows.

Darting in and out the way he does is the best way to get countered badly, as he does not dart in and out at an angle. He goes directly straight in and out, any boxing coach will tell you that is terrible. Especialy since he has no head and body movement.

Also switching up as often as he does is an easy way to be off balanced and get flash knockdowned

I thought he had some fundamental skills. It turns out he does not even know how to do some simple things. Unless he is super athletic, which he is not, he is not going to touch Mayweather
He basically has a punchers chance against a guy who has been in with much better punchers.

{<jordan}

Wow, he shouldn't have released those vids.

haha, there was a video on IG that showed him looking even worse on the heavy bag... and another with even worse foot work!!

I don't remember which account it was that posted them, but I couldn't find them when I went to post those 2 videos.

That "foot work" is some of the funniest shit I have seen in a while.

Nothing is compelling about it.

He looks awkward because he's not very good. He looks awkward because you're used to watching training vids of guys with real skills. This looks like a guy who took a month of boxercise classes.

What was that flapping his arms around limp meant to show? How to get knocked out within 20seconds?

He's getting accustomed to the feeling of going limp.

Dont hate on Conor because of his technique, he just hyped the fight x10 time.

You mean dis?

Talk about being loose, and the hand speed, LOOK AT DA HAND SPEEDS

I don't always wear skin tight shorts for my boxing workout, but when I do I flap my arms around like an octopus having a seizure.

He can't fight a pure boxing match with Floyd, so he's going to have to be more unconventional. From a pure boxing stand point, it's a disaster. His right hand drops every time he throws the left. But he doesn't have to fight a pure boxing fight.

He can't fight a pure boxing match with Floyd, so he's going to have to be more unconventional. From a pure boxing stand point, it's a disaster. His right hand drops every time he throws the left. But he doesn't have to fight a pure boxing fight.
It would make sense really, when you figure that Floyds toughest fights have been against guys who were less textbook.

Back