McGregor won't beat Mayweather...but he CAN beat Saenchai, true??

Venom

Lurker since '09
@Silver
Reaction score
Someone pull that video real quick.
Perhaps the greatest lb for lb Muay Thai fighter ever said
McGregor has better hands than any of his past opponents in muaythai.

Of course it was at most a passing thought based on a video or two, but Saenchai said McGregor's kicks weren't all that and his main weapon is the punches, which is true. But his kicks set that Hand of Death up, and very well. Saenchai at the :50 mark makes the point that as long as you can avoid the punches you can win, which is rather true...I think Saenchai is severely mistaken when he says he'd just teep him all night, avoid the punches.

And McG legs are long for his body as well. McGregor just fights too long and slick, no Muay Thai/kickboxing stance and style cause he is too confident in that Left.

McGregor - 5'9", 74" reach,
170 lbs (walking wt), competition weight
145, 155....
camp fresh 165 lbs
giphy.gif

Saenchai - 5'5", reach=?
competition weight
134 (can go up to 147)
8d813057a6d63af833629596e1d344e9.jpeg

At least Mayweather is length wise not too much shorter than McGregor...

Saenchai would be giving up serious height, reach, strength and power. And that LEFT.

Think about it. We often shit on MMA fighters' striking capabilities, but we found out that the disparity between "K1 level striking" and MMA striking is not nearly as big as pro Boxing "WBO striking" and MMA.

Think about it.

Probable? Improbable?

I just wanna see him fight the Ferguson/Nurmagomedov winner. That intruiges me the most.

All I know is Buakaw lost a decision to a Chinese ass clown called Yi Long in a MT fight.

Conor McGregor would destroy Buakaw and Saenchai in kickboxing. It's not a probability issue it's a certainty. Seriously go look up that Yi Long Buakaw fight (2nd one, they actually fought twice). Sure it was a bullshit decision cause it took place in China, but that ass clown stood toe to toe with Buakaw and wasn't even close to being taken out.

Traditional MT is worthless. You need the Dutch reinvention to be effective. The Thais have no neo footwork, they have amazing technique against heavy bags that's about it. Saenchai has terrible power he can't knock people out worth a crap.

McGregor by ROFLSTOMP.

Saenchai would dice that lead leg up badly.... in MT

All I know is Buakaw lost a decision to a Chinese ass clown called Yi Long in a MT fight.

Conor McGregor would destroy Buakaw and Saenchai in kickboxing. It's not a probability issue it's a certainty. Seriously go look up that Yi Long Buakaw fight (2nd one, they actually fought twice). Sure it was a bullshit decision cause it took place in China, but that ass clown stood toe to toe with Buakaw and wasn't even close to being taken out.

Traditional MT is worthless. You need the Dutch reinvention to be effective. The Thais have no neo footwork, they have amazing technique against heavy bags that's about it. Saenchai has terrible power he can't knock people out worth a crap.

Hmm I learned something new.
I've always had suspicions that our Thai neighbors were mostly puffing themselves up to seem to be the toughest, most unbeatable guys in the jungles.

So mods, you'll allow Donald Trump, members, Fedor, joe rogan, shaub, ADCC, Mayweather, DANCING discussion in the UFC Discussion page but you move this.

Explain please.

Hmm I learned something new.
I've always had suspicions that our Thai neighbors were mostly puffing themselves up to seem to be the toughest, most unbeatable guys in the jungles.

Here's the full match I talked about between Buakaw and the Chinese goof:

You can look Yi Long up. He's an ass clown who claims to practice the secret arts of Shaolin kung fu and does circus fights.

Someone pull that video real quick.
Perhaps the greatest lb for lb Muay Thai fighter ever said
McGregor has better hands than any of his past opponents in muaythai.

Of course it was at most a passing thought based on a video or two, but Saenchai said McGregor's kicks weren't all that and his main weapon is the punches, which is true. But his kicks set that Hand of Death up, and very well. Saenchai at the :50 mark makes the point that as long as you can avoid the punches you can win, which is rather true...I think Saenchai is severely mistaken when he says he'd just teep him all night, avoid the punches.

And McG legs are long for his body as well. McGregor just fights too long and slick, no Muay Thai/kickboxing stance and style cause he is too confident in that Left.

McGregor - 5'9", 74" reach,
170 lbs (walking wt), competition weight
145, 155....
camp fresh 165 lbs
giphy.gif

Saenchai - 5'5", reach=?
competition weight
134 (can go up to 147)
8d813057a6d63af833629596e1d344e9.jpeg

At least Mayweather is length wise not too much shorter than McGregor...

Saenchai would be giving up serious height, reach, strength and power. And that LEFT.

Think about it. We often shit on MMA fighters' striking capabilities, but we found out that the disparity between "K1 level striking" and MMA striking is not nearly as big as pro Boxing "WBO striking" and MMA.

Think about it.

Probable? Improbable?

Saenchai has fought bigger guys essentially his whole career. I've never seen him in a fight where he wasn't giving up reach and height. I don't think Conor could beat him in a kickboxing or MT match. That defense is too slick, plus he's a southpaw, making that left hand of Conor's a little less dangerous.

Here's the full match I talked about between Buakaw and the Chinese goof:

You can look Yi Long up. He's an ass clown who claims to practice the secret arts of Shaolin kung fu and does circus fights.

Oh yes yes..! I remember that guy. Didn't know him as Yi Long like you said.

Assclown lolz. Assumed his kickboxing stuff were freakshows.

Oh yes yes..! I remember that guy. Didn't know him as Yi Long like you said.

Assclown lolz. Assumed his kickboxing stuff were freakshows.

Yi Long literally translates into "One Dragon".

Even his name is for ass clowns. And yes, all his fights are freakshow BS fights, so either: Buakaw took the money and faked a fight, or he isn't even good enough to put away an ass clown freakshow.

Also why did the mods wasteland this? Seems 100% relevant heavies discussion to me.

Also why did the mods wasteland this? Seems 100% relevant heavies discussion to me.

On the front page: Ronda's entertainment career, Conor's Rolls Royce, and Superbowl weekend...10 pages strong -_-

if conor can land his big shots early, he could win, but if the fight lasts longer, he will be in big trouble. he's gonna be gassing and he will get the beating of his life by saenchai. conor has to improve his cardio first before going against these monsters.

Funny how all we hear now is Conor vs everyone but Khabib and Ferguson? lol

I would love to see this fight but Saenchai is not as good as he was. I think even in a Muay Thai fight Conor would beat him with his boxing

Back