MCGREGOR vs MAYWEATHER: Who Are You Rooting For?

Who Do You HOPE Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've all seen crazy shit happen before and this match has the potential to be no different. Really anything can happen now that Conor has created an opportunity here.

Ummmmm, no, not really. People lose perspective on a person like Mayweather. Mayweather went undefeated for 19 years. Let that sink in some. You can't just dismiss such a thing. It makes Fedor's run seem like nothing. Mayweather was undefeated for almost as long as the UFC has existed. The best boxers on the planet all tried and failed and mostly its because you can't hit the guy. If Conor somehow cashed in one of his 9 lives like a cat and won this fight he would become larger than life, Bruce Lee level.

But no, Mayweather is virtually unhittable. I really kinda feel bad because Mayweather isn't just going to win, he's going to beat McGregor up, he's going to embarrass him and toy with him.

I can't stand Conor or his ballswingers like yourself, but I hate Floyd even more

Yea I'm kinda caught in between. I can't stand McGregor and yet at the same time, him knocking out Floyd Mayweather would cause the biggest shit storm of all time.

I like Conor, I hate Floyd, so you figure out who I'm going for. Even if I realize he's got so little of a chance.

Even if I were completely neutral towards both men, I'd still be rooting for Conor. Him shocking the world by ending Floyd's undefeated streak is a helluva lot more interesting to think about than Floyd going to 50-0 after another boring, cautious fight... Especially as Mayweather is already expected to come out on top anyway.

The only spot McGregor has an advantage is he is naturally a bigger man. He looks like death too cut down to 145 and still looks cut at 155, while on the other hand Floyd is a natural 135er basically that bumped up in weights over time becuase he could and MONEY. McGregor is a fucking freak of Nature. He is a steel cannon. Mayweather is 40. So IF McGregor can hurt him, then he might be able to kill him.

Conor at 145, floyd 147

upload_2017-6-27_23-2-47.jpeg
hi-res-0aa59e586f462059166210661101e477_crop_north.jpg

Conor at 155, Floyd 154
143836943_crop_north.jpg
Conor-McGregor-and-Eddie-Alvarez-weigh-in.jpg

Floyd is going to beat Marciano's record by facing a novice boxer making his professional debut. For this farce, along with the biggest paycheck of his life, he will actually receive praise; in this case for defending the flag of boxing (and other reasons less scrupulous in nature). Floyd is a master of chess. Floyd is a phenomenon of defensive boxing. The fact that the consensus greatest boxer of his generation has the gall to A: entertain the matchup under boxing rules, B: sign the matchup against the professional boxing debutante, C: promote the idea that Conor "has scary power" and could "do something crazy" just to legitimize the matchup, all that just makes me want him to take Conor lightly and catch something ugly.

It's all hopes, though. Conor will not see the distance or anything like it.

I am rooting for both sides.

Conor. Doubt he'd win but rooting for him.
The whole of Sherdog & The UG combined I'm sure will,be rooting for good ol Mr. McGregor. However, this is his 1st pro boxing match and its against a multi division/ undefeated legend. Imo, Conor is far outclassed in this sweet science bout

Mayweather. But I've been rooting for him in all of his fights for years.

I'm very surprised a third of the people on here are rooting for Floyd. My guess is on a boxing forum that would be close to 99%.

lol, McGregor can't even make WW. You do know that 10 oz gloves are mandated for anything above WW, right? If Mayweather forced him down to 47, everyone would be whining about how he drained McGregor. The greatest fighter of this era is a "cherrypicking coward". Top quality stuff.
Conor fanboys probably want Floyd to box him at like 154 or 160 with four ounce mma gloves or something. SMH.

You all built a few pages since the last time I ventured up here to Connie World I like all the rides but the Conor statues are a bit much.

Knowing that my choice got buried making it Official Again, Floyd by complete embarrassment

giphy.gif
Out...

Last edited:
Watched both of their whole careers and they are my favorite fighters in said sports but.... the man is just pure entertainment and believes he can beat King Kong.

Of course I'm rooting for him but if Floyd sleeps to that left hand shot then good luck and thanks, I'm the happiest man alive.

War Conor Mcgregor you fucking legend!

I root for MMA.
I do to, so I will not watch a boxing match between a champion and an amateur.

I root for MMA so I watch MMA. I also like boxing so I sometimes watch legit boxing fights.

Not a fan of cross-sport money- grabs by greedy promoters. That said, I'd love to see McGregor win but he's gotta tough challenge on his hands. Never say never...but I don't expect him to pull it off.

I do to, so I will not watch a boxing match between a champion and an amateur.

I root for MMA so I watch MMA. I also like boxing so I sometimes watch legit boxing fights.

I'd certainly rather McGregor just take his inevitable beating from Ferguson like a man than this meaningless exhibition, at the very least so we can move on with the actual best lightweights fighting for the title, but if this freak show is going to happen I will watch and root for my "team" like a good schmuck.

I guess you could say I'm rooting for McGregor, I'm a big fan of the kid and it would great if he did win, but he obviously doesn't stand a chance in this fight. What this whole thing is about for me is some good old fashioned mindless and meaningless fun and perhaps the hope that McGregor might have a moment or two of success before the fight ends. If he can do that, then that's a kind of a victory for him in my eyes.

Back