MCGREGOR vs MAYWEATHER: Who Are You Rooting For?

Who Do You HOPE Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't root for the 10:1 favorite. I'll wait until the last minute to place a bet on Conor, but if he is like 3:1 underdog the night of the fight I just have to put like 100 on Floyd and this will kinda f it up.

Conor. Boxing guys talk way too much shit about MMA. If Conor wins, more kids will try MMA and you will see better fighters. The pay likely increase if more people watch the sport. Wages have increased since Conor.

I gotta pull for Conor.
-For the upset of century.
-To watch all the boxing industry heads & boxing fans who've been talking so much shit eat crow.
-Because I'm putting money on him.
-Because I've grown to like & respect the guy.
-And because I'd never cheer for Mayweather. (Unless he was fight Luke Rockhold )

Mayweather was too scared to fight with 8oz gloves. He's fighting a guy who's 0-0 in boxing, and he's still too scared to go with the smaller gloves. Just more proof that Floyd continues to be a cherrypicking coward. He's always gotta tip the odds in his favor.

I want McGregor to win just so I can see the butthurt reaction from the boxing world.

Mayweather in the early rounds, McGregor in the later rounds <cheer>

Why would I root for a woman beating scumbag? I hope Conor KOs him for the laughs plus he is actually not a criminal.

So he is a scumbag for beating a woman?

Maybe there was a reason behind it.

I want Conor to beat a 40 year old ex champ, think he's the greatest boxer ever, then get KO'd silly by Chris van Heerden in his next fight.

Mayweather was too scared to fight with 8oz gloves. He's fighting a guy who's 0-0 in boxing, and he's still too scared to go with the smaller gloves. Just more proof that Floyd continues to be a cherrypicking coward. He's always gotta tip the odds in his favor.

lol, McGregor can't even make WW. You do know that 10 oz gloves are mandated for anything above WW, right? If Mayweather forced him down to 47, everyone would be whining about how he drained McGregor. The greatest fighter of this era is a "cherrypicking coward". Top quality stuff.

I dont get how anyone can be an MMA fan, know what Sherdog.com is, and not root for Conor in this fight. Mayweather is a wife beater and Conor is not only the face of our sport, but is a loyal family man that has the ultimate rags to riches story. I get you not liking Conor's fight promo/antics pre fight, but to not root for him, the biggest underdog of all time, against the most impossible opponent to beat, an opponent that is a true douche, just makes no sense.

Well if you're Black it makes perfect sense.

Rooting for Floyd so Conor will come back to what he does best.

If you are a MMA fan but rooting for Floyd....kys

I'm a MMA fan and I'm rooting for Floyd, because I'm also a Boxing fan lol

Why most people here think MMA fans only like 1 sport? It's not like we are Conor nutthugers (not Conor fans but actually nutthugers) who ONLY like Conor, not even MMA

I want McGregor to win as he represents the lesser of the two evils to me.

I'm rooting for :

1. Not a cardio sesh like w/ Manny.
2. An actual boxing match
3. A fight
4. Damage
5. A major violation where Conor kicks floyd's hamstring, takes him down, mounts him, elbows floyd's eyeball into a bloody mess, then rear naked chokes him into unconsciousness while securitry tries to pry him off. And he does this, knowing full well he will lose every dollar in the fight, but knowing he will become a folk hero in combat sports forever, who showed unequivolcally that MMA destroys boxing at will. And ruin the public's perception of boxing, and establish MMA as the superior entertainment product. Conor would make all that money back.

You'd think most hardcore mma fans would root for Conor to represent well, even if they do think the fight is a cash grab.

You're really gonna tell me you wouldn't find some satisfaction in a competitor from your cherished sport beating up an arrogant, un-funny, women beater at his own sport of boxing.. BOXING the one sport that historically has been held over mma's head as some sort of superior athletic competition.

If Conor really butt hurt some of you guys that bad with the way he took over the fight game, then so be it.
racism at its finest.. Conor is arrogant and unfunny yet he gets a pass , why is that?

Back