MCGREGOR vs MAYWEATHER: Who Are You Rooting For?

Who Do You HOPE Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This fight is so dumb biggest freak show fight since Randy Couture and James Tony. In any event I'll be rooting for Conor I like MMA way more than Boxing.

Yeah but when Floyd wins it doesn't really solve anything. The answer will always be a boxer in boxing and an MMA guy in MMA. There's no real way to truly combine the two unless you make it a kickboxing match but Floyd would never agree to that.
Friend, obviously WE know what happens when the two meet, Boxing and MMA, in an open no rules at all environment. In an alley where there are no referees. looks like James Toney vs Randy Couture. Now, it's the opposite. It's time for Mixed Martial arts to flash into the eyes of Boxing fans and diehards in a positive way, with Conor putting Floyd in trouble on occasions, rattling him with awkwardness and heavy combinations, winning rounds and showing that a mixed martial artist isn't an 'easy knockout' even for the greatest of boxers. experienced boxer winning the MATCH of course but actually being pushed hard and forced to make major adjustments. It would earn respect for MMA from diehards in boxing in a huge way. We all realize that Demetrius Johnson would whoop Floyd's ASSSSSS in that back alley, without a single doubt. Some super diehard only-boxing fans might open up more to MMA if that guy can LAND A SINGLE PUNCH on Floyd.

Last edited:
If one has taken the time to make a Sherdog account, log into the chat forum, and find this thread I'm sure they're a McGregor fanboy at heart. The only people hoping Floyd wins are Max Kellerman and people over 50.

Im rooting for Conor. Im MMA fan not boxing. Gonna watch it with my 80 year old boxing homer dad.

Floyd and its not even a question. Hope he retires that leprechaun fuck

I dont get how anyone can be an MMA fan, know what Sherdog.com is, and not root for Conor in this fight. Mayweather is a wife beater and Conor is not only the face of our sport, but is a loyal family man that has the ultimate rags to riches story. I get you not liking Conor's fight promo/antics pre fight, but to not root for him, the biggest underdog of all time, against the most impossible opponent to beat, an opponent that is a true douche, just makes no sense.

I hate them both, but wish nothing more for the man that is Conor to be humbled his antics, his fakeness, his attitude, his show, it is all fake, and that is what I hate. It is like watching WWE everytime he speaks. I hate that he has fans because of his mouth.

If the guy was humble and quiet like Maia he wouldn't be where he is. I think he sucks for the sport and is a horrible role model.

I want to see him lose in the most dramatic of ways.

Fighting a over the hill retired boxer is stupid and this fight is stupid just a get rich quick run to the bank for both of them. I see this 100% going the distance and the only people getting scammed are the ones watching the fight.

Tyron Woodley defends 4 times in 12 months Conor Mc.Mouth defends 0 times in 2 years.

I hate them both, but wish nothing more for the man that is Conor to be humbled his antics, his fakeness, his attitude, his show, it is all fake, and that is what I hate. It is like watching WWE everytime he speaks. I hate that he has fans because of his mouth.

If the guy was humble and quiet like Maia he wouldn't be where he is. I think he sucks for the sport and is a horrible role model.

I want to see him lose in the most dramatic of ways.

Fighting a over the hill retired boxer is stupid and this fight is stupid just a get rich quick run to the bank for both of them. I see this 100% going the distance and the only people getting scammed are the ones watching the fight.

Tyron Woodley defends 4 times in 12 months Conor Mc.Mouth defends 0 times in 2 years.
Of course he's uses his mouth to generate interest in his events. Fighters, after all, are independent contractors and thus responsible for their promotion and people interested in paying for their services. Conor is intelligent, quick witted, a master of mental warfare and using all his assets to increase his likelihood of success.

Are you opposed to more people watching MMA, and thus fighters being more compensated? You say he is disrespectful but he turned more broke fighters into millionaires than anyone else.

When you have a family, your obligations are to provide for them, and he does an incredible job at that. Furthermore, he is incredibly respectful while not promoting his events and is always respectful and humble in victory or defeat. Try looking at his actions, the thousands he has raised for charity, time volunteered or children's hospitals, the millionaires he has created, the loyalty to his family and friends and don't get too caught up in WWE Theatrics......to wish harm and humiliation on anyone is mentally ill. These guys are entertainers, with kids and families, might wanna pump your brakes and get a grip on reality and seperate the show from real life.

Conor mcgregor is basically mayweather of the past cocky and a crap talker, and that's also one of the reasons why they say they hate mayweather. They say all mayweather does is run during his fights which is bull crap, if you have seen the mcgregor vs Diaz fight.. Conor was literally running from Diaz looking at the clock, but they won't say anything about that. Also mcgregor has made a career out of fighting smaller fighters and the only real test he has had was Diaz and he lost against him once. Mayweather has fought all comers and even after that he was accused of fighting a pit of prime pacman... but Floyd was out of his prime years ago. Let's just be honest people love the white coconut guy and hate the black cocky guy.

Conor winning gives MMA more legitimacy, not saying it's warranted, but it will. But firstly seeing him KO Floyd would be the most bizarre thing ever in sports.

I'm 99 percent sure most of the Conor fans in this section are actually trolls using alts

Most of these "fans" are rarely seen rooting for Conor in the UFC section.

Back