Mcgregor vs Ferguson: KO power not a factor

To write Conor's power out completely is foolish to be honest. If Tony strolled in not giving a fuck about Conor's power i see him getting knocked out. I believe Tony will win this fight but Conor will land on him and i think he will even have Tony in deep water in the first 2 rounds. The thing with this fight that makes it interesting (and the fight to make) is the fact that it could go either way i think. That being said if Conor doesn't clip Tony hard and hurt him in the first 2 then that El Cucuy Barbarian spirit is gonna kick in and Conor will be in big big trouble and Tony will run away with it possibly catching him tired in some spiraling submission.

The biggest shock to me would be if Ferguson won in the first 2 rounds or if Conor won in the last 3.

Everyone always makes a big deal about McGregors Power but the fact is he only has one one shot knock out and is UFC career.

It’s true Tony has a history of getting hurt in his fights but he usually recovers and his heart is next to none the best in UFC.

Connor relies on multiple shots to finish his opponent usually counter striking against aggressive fighters with shorter reach. Unless Tony is extremely unlucky I don’t see him losing this fight I see him weathering Connors aggression for the first round maybe two and then Connor will Fade and Tony will probably submit him

This whole thing about "1 punch ko" wins...is without a doubt the most retarded thing I've ever read on here....listen guys...you guys saying this must be average age of 14....a tko is the same thing as a ko...they count the same on your record...whether you ko someone with 1 punch or 3...what difference does it make...conor ko's guys that have never been ko'd before...

Why not go google how many 1st round stoppages conor has? or how many guys have ever gone past the 2nd round with conor...I'll answer that for you...Only 2 guys have ever been past the 2nd round....holloway and nate...and nate was at 170...and conor tore his acl against holloway....so this really needs to stop...

Yep.

The way I see this fight playing out is Conor will come out really strong, probably floor El Cucuy with that left, maybe even a couple of times. He will hurt Tony and have him in some trouble early.

BUT - Just like with Nate, he's not going to follow him to the ground, and risk getting subbed.

Tony then recovers, and starts to wear McG out against the fence and with the grappling (snap-downs, threats of D'arces, etc).

By the end of round two, Conor is already gassing.

Round 3, he is taken down, GnPed on for a bit, then subbed.
Tony Isn't exactly known for his offensive wrestling and Conor moves well, don't think It's gonna be as easy to get ahold of him as you think. Based on their previous fights It seems more likely that he gets brushed off.

If he can manages to get him tired on the feet, that could open up the possibility of takedowns / clinches and maybe a takedown. If he's not able to challenge him on the feet though, It's not going to be as easy to tire him out as It was versus a 170 pound Nate. The Diaz bros have a way of creating this pace on the feet that you can't keep up with, then they pounce when they sense you slowing down. Tony picks his shots a lot more and Is far more reserved than Nate Is on the feet, Nate throws A LOT of punches. If Tony cant challenge him on the feet, I wouldn't expect Conor to get tired In the way that he would against Nate.

If that Is the case It means he has to try and clinch / wrestle him to wear him down. He's not the greatest offensive wrestler and It doesn't seem like It will be that easy to get ahold of a fresh Conor..at least for him.

But who knows, maybe Conor punches himself out trying to finish and Tony can take advantage of that.

This really doesn't seem like the best style matchup for Tony though.

After the Floyd fight, there's an even greater emphasis on him fixing that glaring hole In his game / style..which Is conditioning. Wouldn't be too surprised If he got some advice from Floyd now that they're boys. Having trained for a high level boxing fight, which Is a lot of stamina and conditioning relative to MMA, fighting against one of the greatest champions ever and one of the best conditioned athletes ever In combat sports and given the way the fight went, wouldn't be too surprised to see him carry that on and continue to fix that hole. Training for a boxing fight at that level, you sort of learn what It means to truly be conditioned. Boxing Is on another level and far more evolved In that sense relative to MMA. If I had to guess, his conditioning probably ends up better than It's ever been when he finally fights again. I would imagine he's gotten a lot of advice from the boxing community and even Floyd since then.

But that remains to be seen. All that partying probably Isn't helping.

Last edited:
Tony Isn't exactly known for his offensive wrestling and Conor moves well, don't think It's gonna be as easy to get ahold of him as you think. Based on their previous fights It seems more likely that he gets brushed off.

If he can manages to get him tired on the feet, that could open up the possibility of takedowns / clinches and maybe a takedown. If he's not able to challenge him on the feet though, It's not going to be as easy to tire him out as It was versus a 170 pound Nate. The Diaz bros have a way of creating this pace on the feet that you can't keep up with, then they pounce when they sense you slowing down. Tony picks his shots a lot more and Is far more reserved than Nate Is on the feet, Nate throws A LOT of punches. If Tony cant challenge him on the feet, I wouldn't expect Conor to get tired In the way that he would against Nate.

If that Is the case It means he has to try and clinch / wrestle him to wear him down. He's not the greatest offensive wrestler and It doesn't seem like It will be that easy to get ahold of a fresh Conor..at least for him.

But who knows, maybe Conor punches himself out trying to finish and Tony can take advantage of that.

This really doesn't seem like the best style matchup for him though.

After the Floyd fight, there's an even greater emphasis on him fixing that glaring hole In his game / style..which Is conditioning. Wouldn't be too surprised If he got some advice from Floyd now that they're boys. Having trained for a high level boxing fight, which Is a lot of stamina and conditioning relative to MMA, fighting against one of the greatest champions ever and one of the best conditioned athletes ever In combat sports and given the way the fight went, wouldn't be too surprised to see him carry that on and continue to fix that hole. Training for a boxing fight at that level, you sort of learn what It means to truly be conditioned. Boxing Is on another level and far more evolved In that sense relative to MMA. If I had to guess, his conditioning probably ends up better than It's ever been when he finally fights again.

But that remains to be seen. All that partying probably Isn't helping.

Good points...You're one of the few guys that make any sense...the guys that are always saying "he doesn't have 1 punch ko power" who does really...even tyson and foreman needed a few punches to get rid of the guy...sure, they both had their fair share of 1 punch ko's...but so does conor...

And I agree...his fight with mayweather is going to not only make him much tougher to beat on the feet now...cause his boxing is going to be that much crisper...his cardio, I think is going to be improved...he did go 10 rounds with mayweather...I don't think his partying is anything big...people are always going to take pics everytime conor goes out and has a drink...but i'm sure those are rare occasions...

Nate was injured in that fight.Also Conor didn't win by UD.

not one judge had nate winning...and if that fight was judged under the new rules, conor would have won by a much larger margin....2 knockdowns in a round is a 10-7 in boxing...so at least a 10-8 in mma...nate being injured? just an excuse for losing...

You mean like he couldn't do against nate? Oh wait...
A split decision by the skin of his teeth where he finished the fight on the ground getting punched by Nate. Ferg is a lot better right now than Nate. Conor has 7.5 minutes of fight ending ability. Then Tony wears his ass out.

I dont understand the thought process of these posts we've recently seen claiming Conor's power is overated cause he only has one KO from a punch and how that will play out in the Ferguson fight. They fully know and acknowledge he has a lot of TKO's, furthermore, they admit that Tony is not hard to hit and gets wobbled in fights. But yet somehow they can't fathom how its possible Conor can TKO Tony as if the only way he can put him away is with one shot?? The OP is a prime example of this.

You have Conor who pretty much puts everyone away with strikes his whole career but yet somehow that is not a factor in this fight.

"KO Power not a factor"

d6f.jpg

not one judge had nate winning...and if that fight was judged under the new rules, conor would have won by a much larger margin....2 knockdowns in a round is a 10-7 in boxing
But they were fighting in MMA.So who gives a fuck how this fight would have been scored in boxing.

nate being injured? just an excuse for losing...
It's ironic because you probably believe Conor was sick and was on antibiotics 10 days out from the first Nate fight.

Last edited:
A split decision by the skin of his teeth where he finished the fight on the ground getting punched by Nate. Ferg is a lot better right now than Nate. Conor has 7.5 minutes of fight ending ability. Then Tony wears his ass out.
Many of you may have to re evaluate where you feel Nate stands If / when Tony ends up being an easier opponent than Nate was.

It seems many people are just looking at their records and Nate's last run at lightweight as their measuring stick but things are not quite that simple.

How many times will tony fans/conor haters make threads about KO power?You guys that insecure?It's a progress i guess,from Conor beating nobody we get to he might actually hurt someone.Few more fights and maybe all this BS will stop.

I dont understand the thought process of these posts we've recently seen claiming Conor's power is overated cause he only has one KO from a punch and how that will play out in the Ferguson fight. They fully know and acknowledge he has a lot of TKO's, furthermore, they admit that Tony is not hard to hit and gets wobbled in fights. But yet somehow they can't fathom how its possible Conor can TKO Tony as if the only way he can put him away is with one shot?? The OP is a prime example of this.

You have Conor who pretty much puts everyone away with strikes his whole career but yet somehow that is not a factor in this fight.
When people are fuelled by either their intense dislike, or their intense love..shit analysis follows.

Out of 10 fights against Tony,Conor would win 0 of them

Out of 10 fights against Tony,Conor would win 0 of them
Some of you guys are so bad at analyzing fights It pains me..

lol

These are the same dudes that will say Tony was never that good on the feet If he loses. Bank on it

Oh boy. Aldo is one of the greatest of all time, and Eddie Alvarez is the exact same height as Conor. And he's been a champion in every org he's fought for, Bodog,Bellator,UFC.

This doesn't mean he knocks out Tony cold with one shot. But he will outstrike him leading to the KO like he did with Eddie. He will combo his ass into pieces. Tony's stand up is weak.
$

Eddie Alvarez is a manlet, probably 5'7 @ best with 69 inch reach lol....eddie alvarez has one of the worse chins in MMA, he gets dropped like in every fight but he recovers.

Tony Ferguson is way taller and has longer reach.

Many of you may have to re evaluate where you feel Nate stands If / when Tony ends up being an easier opponent than Nate was.

It seems many people are just looking at their records and Nate's last run at lightweight as their measuring stick but things are not quite that simple.
I am curious, are you a bigger fan of Nate or of Conor ?.

Back