Mcgregor vs Ferguson: KO power not a factor

Max wasn't the fighter then he is right now.Plus Conor spent his time on the ground mostly in that fight.Not to mention it was a 3 rounder.

Nate was gassed in that fight too because he hurt his knee and ribs to leave him unable to spar ahead of his second fight with Conor.Tony went 5 rounds non-stop against RDA in mexico city while Conor can't even last 2 rounds in Vegas.
Conor can't last 2 rounds? But he's already lasted 5 and 3, not to mention 30 minutes of boxing the GOAT? Come on man. I'm not saying he's this cardio machine or something. But don't be another Sherdog sheep that think Conor has literally zero cardio or something.

I doubt this fight ever happens to be honest. Connor hasn’t shown any interest in defending his titles And shown very little interest in returning to mma period
I agree, I think if he was interested in coming back to see who the best fighter at 155 is he would have said something by now.

Before the fight...
"Tony has a great chin, he's been rocked but always recovers...Conor is ducking him"

After this fight...
"Tony was obviously chinny and damaged good, he's been rocked so many times...Conor is ducking Khabib and Nate"

Before the fight...
"Tony has a great chin, he's been rocked but always recovers...Conor is ducking him"

After this fight...
"Tony was obviously chinny and damaged good, he's been rocked so many times...Conor is ducking Khabib and Nate"
Hahah ducking Nate ?.
No need to deflect, especially since we don't know if Conor is even returning, the Tony fan is what nearly every fan wants to see , if Conor sticks to the rankings no one can call him a duck.

Conor has to find a way to land the coffin nail punches if/when (most likely when) he stuns Tony. If he's unable to finish him it is highly likely that Conor slows down and Tony makes it his kind of fight. If Conor's gassed it's just a matter of time til Tony finishes him with a sub or GNP IMO. But Conor has a huge advantage early. He just has to finish the job before the tide turns.

Everyone always makes a big deal about McGregors Power but the fact is he only has one one shot knock out and is UFC career.

It’s true Tony has a history of getting hurt in his fights but he usually recovers and his heart is next to none the best in UFC.

Connor relies on multiple shots to finish his opponent usually counter striking against aggressive fighters with shorter reach. Unless Tony is extremely unlucky I don’t see him losing this fight I see him weathering Connors aggression for the first round maybe two and then Connor will Fade and Tony will probably submit him
It's Conor.

I don't even like the guy, but he has been around for 3-4 years and people still can't spell his name correctly.

I disagree. I just don’t think he has power necessarily. I think he has crisp accurate Striking and is very good at finding holes in his opponents stand up
Bit of both. Makes me think of Anderson Silva

Conor can't last 2 rounds? But he's already lasted 5 and 3, not to mention 30 minutes of boxing the GOAT? Come on man. I'm not saying he's this cardio machine or something. But don't be another Sherdog sheep that think Conor has literally zero cardio or something.
Well,lasting 5 rounds with Nate doesn't change the fact that he was nearly dying in the fight. He looked utterly cooked after 10 minutes of an easy paced fight that he had his way in, had five minutes of getting beat up, then spent the next two rounds literally running away while looking at the clock. When I mean running away, I mean literally turning his back and jogging away from his opponent so he didnt have to engage.

Same thing goes with the Floyd fight. He managed to last 10 rounds but he was gassed in round 4.I also think Floyd carried Conor away.He let Conor hit him with straight left power shots,he was walking down the bigger man and letting him tire out.

Last edited:
Of all the possible outcomes I think Connor winning a unanimous decision is the least likely. Him having to go five rounds with Tony Ferguson and surviving all five rounds is going to be extremely hard. For his sake I hope he doesn’t try to win a decision and just go for broke

Also the issue with the word one punch Power matters because some fighters have legit one punch capability of either knock you out cold or hurting you so bad you can’t defend. Connor does not fall into either one of these categories in my Opinion

Nobody at 155 has true consistent one punch kayo power anyways but every single one of his victories is evidence that he has the power to hurt you so bad you can't defend yourself...

even in the Diaz fight he proved if you bloody someone's face badly enough even if they aren't badly concussed its going to pay dividends in the later rounds when Nate was too fucked up to finish off an exhausted McGregor

So yea don't really see how your 'opinion' is reasonable at all... it's a fist fight not a marathon

Hahah ducking Nate ?.
No need to deflect, especially since we don't know if Conor is even returning, the Tony fan is what nearly every fan wants to see , if Conor sticks to the rankings no one can call him a duck.
"Ducking Nate" was being pushed before the rematch was booked

"Noway he'll rematch the guy that choked him out, he's so scurred and most likely running back to FW"

When he makes it look easy against Tony they'll run back to being Nate's or Khabib's #1 fan.

Everyone always makes a big deal about McGregors Power but the fact is he only has one one shot knock out and is UFC career.

It’s true Tony has a history of getting hurt in his fights but he usually recovers and his heart is next to none the best in UFC.

Connor relies on multiple shots to finish his opponent usually counter striking against aggressive fighters with shorter reach. Unless Tony is extremely unlucky I don’t see him losing this fight I see him weathering Connors aggression for the first round maybe two and then Connor will Fade and Tony will probably submit him

I want to agree but I think if Tony is dumb enough to stand, Conor will inevitably connect several times with his chin, and in the first round at that.

If Tony gets funky and takes it to the ground immediately he should win easily.

But Conor is WAY too accurate and his timing is WAY too good and Tony's chin is WAY too out there for there not to be several connections, most of which have stunning power behind them, if they stand for any significant period of time.

I certainly don't see a 1 punch KO, as Conor doesn't specialize in that at all. But Conor has TKO'd guys whose chins looked as good as Tony's and whose striking defense was far superior to Tony's. No reason Conor wouldn't TKO Tony if they stayed standing. I've seen Tony rocked by many guys who don't seem to hit as effectively as Conor.

I'm sure Tony isn't dumb enough to stand with Conor when he has a clear path to victory on the ground, mind you.

Conor "KO" power only works against manlets or meh fighters like Dustin.

Oh boy. Aldo is one of the greatest of all time, and Eddie Alvarez is the exact same height as Conor. And he's been a champion in every org he's fought for, Bodog,Bellator,UFC.

This doesn't mean he knocks out Tony cold with one shot. But he will outstrike him leading to the KO like he did with Eddie. He will combo his ass into pieces. Tony's stand up is weak.

Yep.

The way I see this fight playing out is Conor will come out really strong, probably floor El Cucuy with that left, maybe even a couple of times. He will hurt Tony and have him in some trouble early.

BUT - Just like with Nate, he's not going to follow him to the ground, and risk getting subbed.

Tony then recovers, and starts to wear McG out against the fence and with the grappling (snap-downs, threats of D'arces, etc).

By the end of round two, Conor is already gassing.

Round 3, he is taken down, GnPed on for a bit, then subbed.
Strong believer that if, and that is if, Ferguson can get out round 1 his chances to win go up significantly.

But if you can hurt and finish Alvarez you can hurt and finish Ferguson.

His one trick pony shit will be outed soon enough. Just like Ronda’s was. I have to say. At least Ronda defended.

1 "one punch KO int he UFC". Mostly nobody has 1 punch KOs. You hurt them, then follow up with strikes on the ground. It's normal. He has over a 90% KO/TKO ratio. Stop arguing over words. With that said I don't think Conor KOs him. I think he's UD him with counters throughout the fight while sticking and moving

You think Conor is going to "stick and move" for the entire 25 minutes?

Did he suddenly develop a gas tank all of a sudden?

I agree with the sentiment but conor has had more than 1 clean 1 shot ko before. Dude he ko'd for 155 cage warriors belt that was beautiful. And he had Duffy rocked and cut him before he got taken down and submitted. Just sayin. Tryin to be objective. Tony takes his soul regardless

Oh boy. Aldo is one of the greatest of all time, and Eddie Alvarez is the exact same height as Conor. And he's been a champion in every org he's fought for, Bodog,Bellator,UFC.

This doesn't mean he knocks out Tony cold with one shot. But he will outstrike him leading to the KO like he did with Eddie. He will combo his ass into pieces. Tony's stand up is weak.
Unless Tony takes him down pronto - which he BETTER have the sense to do!

Play around with Conor on the feet and find yourself stunned quickly. We've seen it happen many a time. And we've seen Tony stunned many a time.

He better just go to the ground and win easily.

"Ducking Nate" was being pushed before the rematch was booked

"Noway he'll rematch the guy that choked him out, he's so scurred and most likely running back to FW"

When he makes it look easy against Tony they'll run back to being Nate's or Khabib's #1 fan.
I never saw anyone mention that a fight with Tony would equate Conor ducking Nate. I think the people you mentioned were just trying to sell a 2nd fight between the two.
He was given an instant rematch after he lost the first time, it should end there.
The 155 pound division is so good right now people just don't want to see it tied up any further, if anyone claims that Conor is ducking Nate it will be a very very small number of people who obviously don't know shit, less than the people who want to see them fight for a 3rd time in fact.

Yep.

The way I see this fight playing out is Conor will come out really strong, probably floor El Cucuy with that left, maybe even a couple of times. He will hurt Tony and have him in some trouble early.

BUT - Just like with Nate, he's not going to follow him to the ground, and risk getting subbed.

Tony then recovers, and starts to wear McG out against the fence and with the grappling (snap-downs, threats of D'arces, etc).

By the end of round two, Conor is already gassing.

Round 3, he is taken down, GnPed on for a bit, then subbed.
I may give him until round 4 if he employs his patented “run away from the guy hitting me” technique.

Back