McGregor to win by KO/TKO in rounds 1 or 2 betting odds at +225 at major Irish betting site

I simultaneously agree and disagree.

Much as I dislike his (now exposed) fake tough guy persona and his insufferable fans, McGregor is a great fighter with some outstanding abilities. At the same time, he was also flawed and lacking in certain areas, which other great, or in Nate's case, good fighters have managed to exploit.

McGregor versus Alvarez was him at his very best, and against Khabib, he didn't fight at that level. His reactions were just a little bit slower, which might have been his lifestyle catching up to him, but then again, that's also well within the performance he displayed against Mendes or the first fight against Nate.

I would have been all over Khabib except for my own concern about his plethora of injuries, kidney failure, weight-cutting struggles, and a few flaws of his own made -150 a little too uncertain for my tastes.

But again, props for calling this one almost exactly.

I'm telling you brother. Alvarez was a great matchup and he fought a shit fight against Conor. It really warped the perspective on Conor. It was like watching Anderson beat up Forrest. We all know Anderson would get fucked up at 205 despite that fantastic performance against Forrest Griffin at 205.

People act like Conor has crazy power but he really doesn't Even if you watch him at 145. Against scrubby ass Siver and Brandao 0 he hit them clean repeatedly and didn't sleap them TKO is very different when you consider people act like Conor is gonna sleep Khabib. Aldo goofed and ran chin first into that left hand but that's is an anomaly. Conor's power is a big time myth. Conor doesn't has special power. Honestly man especially at 155.

I'm telling you brother. Alvarez was a great matchup and he fought a shit fight against Conor. It really warped the perspective on Conor. It was like watching Anderson beat up Forrest. We all know Anderson would get fucked up at 205 despite that fantastic performance against Forrest Griffin at 205.

People act like Conor has crazy power but he really doesn't Even if you watch him at 145. Against scrubby ass Siver and Brandao 0 he hit them clean repeatedly and didn't sleap them TKO is very different when you consider people act like Conor is gonna sleep Khabib. Aldo goofed and ran chin first into that left hand but that's is an anomaly. Conor's power is a big time myth. Conor doesn't has special power. Honestly man especially at 155.

Oh, I completely agree about Conor's power. Nate Diaz has a tough chin, but he won the first fight by simply slugging it out with Conor and absorbing a hellacious number of blows without ever seriously being hurt. That put a very clear upper limit on Conor's power.

I was always more impressed with Conor's handspeed, reactions, movement, and traps.

And you are correct about Alvarez being a favorable match-up; I love Eddie, but cringed when thinking about how much and how easily he misses straight shots and gets knocked down by utterly mediocre strikers. (Toby Imada)

Still, even the best fighters have flaws and question marks, and that certainly applied to Khabib, too. Khabib exposed Conor's shortcomings on a variety of levels.

Back