Mcgregor Probably Comes Back to Fight (UFC or Boxing(Under These 2 Scenarios

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I have the feeling the only ways he comes back to fight in either MMA or boxing, is either he somehow beats Floyd or that he gets stopped badly by KO/TKO.

If he wins, Mcgregor will stay in boxing and look to pick the easiest fights for himself (Paulie or another stiff) as the purses in boxing are far bigger than in MMA/UFC.

If Floyd embarrasses Mcgregor and actually KO's or TKO's him, I think Mcgregor takes a short break and he tries to restore his image by actually defending his belt if he doesn't get stripped.

If he just loses by decision and doesn't look great, but doesn't look horrible either I can see him just retiring (extended lay off) for a year or longer than coming back to the UFC ala GSP.

If he beats Floyd, I don't see how a return to the UFC is logical at all.

On the non-existent chance that he actually beats Floyd Mayweather in a legitimate boxing contest, he will make $50 million or $100 million to fight another big name boxer, like Pacquiao or Golovkin. There's no reason to go back to the UFC at all.

Because outside of Paulie, most of the other top boxers are way too dangerous. The only way Mcgregor wins is by an unlikely hail mary KO IMO

Regardless of outcome he will fight again. For that i would bet any money.

Theres no "if" when it comes to a boxing match against Floyd. He's going to lose and get embarrassed doing it.

I think it's far more likely that McGregor would come back if he just gets decisioned. rather than if he gets KO'd

If he beats Floyd the first thing he should do is built a new palace in the city of Atlantis next to the mansion that Sasquatch built.

If he somehow wins, I'd think that he'd line up another monster payday and that ain't happening in the UFC.
Hell, if he wins he could legitimately be looking at a $200M payday for another boxing match against a name opponent like Canelo or Manny.

In the much more likely event that he gets embarrassed by Mayweather, such as an early KO or a referee stoppage due to accumulated damage in the early to middle rounds, I think he takes some time off to let the dust settle before he comes back to the UFC (at least 6 months), but ultimately he would return.

I think the only way we see him defend that UFC LW belt this year is if he does reasonably well and loses in a decision without being completely dominated. In that case he rides the hype-and-respect train to a big payday in his UFC return (probably $5M guaranteed plus PPV points).

Theres no "if" when it comes to a boxing match against Floyd. He's going to lose and get embarrassed doing it.

Its combat sports, anything is possible. Is it probable? No, but to say its impossible is foolish

If he wins, he will rematch Floyd due their automatic rematch thing. If he wins that, he fights the winner of GGG and Canelo. And if he wins that, he becomes the emperor of the known universe.

The more likely scenario however is that Mayweather beats him and he returns to MMA to fight Khabib in mother Russia for a much touted fight

Back