McGregor pays NSAC fine, free to apply for boxing license

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Well, that’s one less thing to worry about if you’re hoping to see a Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor bout.

Conor McGregor is now cleared to apply for a boxing license in Nevada after settling his outstanding issues with the Nevada State Athletic Commission. McGregor had been fined $150,000 for a bottle throwing incident last October but opted to challenge the fine as opposed to settling the bill right away.

In the end that appears to have been a prudent move as McGregor’s fine was drastically reduced to $25,000 during an appeal hearing this week. So with McGregor all squared away with the commission at this point, it paves the way for him to apply for a boxing license within the state — Mayweather’s demanded fight location.

NSAC officials reportedly told WBN last month that McGregor would likely be granted a boxing license once his situation was resolved, which means Mayweather-McGregor just took one step forward.

Mayweather has called for his fight with McGregor to happen this summer.

The sooner the better for Mayweather. All needs to do is get in shape, not get older or let Conor get better at boxing (not that he will improve in some substantial way anyhow).

The more I think about this fight, the less I care about it though, to be honest.

The sooner the better for Mayweather. All needs to do is get in shape, not get older or let Conor get better at boxing (not that he will improve in some substantial way anyhow).

The more I think about this fight, the less I care about it though, to be honest.
I would rather this didn't happen. If Floyd were to come back, I think Keith Thurman has done enough to earn a chance at Floyd. He has the most momentum out of most other boxers, having consistently high ratings on cable TV. May-Thurman on CBS in December would be massive, imo.

I would rather this didn't happen. If Floyd were to come back, I think Keith Thurman has done enough to earn a chance at Floyd. He has the most momentum out of most other boxers, having consistently high ratings on cable TV. May-Thurman on CBS in December would be massive, imo.

I agree but it's a greater risk. Mayweather is not coming out of retirement to gamble his undefeated record. He cherishes it too much.

I agree but it's a greater risk. Mayweather is not coming out of retirement to gamble his undefeated record. He cherishes it too much.
Floyd can beat Thurman, but I would have liked to see Thurman try and figure things out.

Heck, I would rather it be Broner, or even a Berto rematch, instead of a dude that isn't a real boxer.

Id like to see Conor fight Marquez, Bradley or Danny Swift to prove his worth first. I know it wouldn't happen but it'd be funny to watch him get schooled with any and every other WW guy. You know Spence would take that in a heartbeat and stomp his ass out for his camp. Shit even Broner clowns that fool. And many others....Even Algieri

Back