McGregor is the most overrated striker

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
Hasn't ko'd anyone with anything but his left hand. Was outboxed by Diaz. Only fighter to be limping after using a familiar strategy against Nate of leg kicks. And then Khabib lands the most meaningful punch in the fight between the two of them. That's what you call a great striker?

Wasn't outboxed by Diaz.

Not every moment of a great fighter's career will be great.

Simplicity is often the best weapon, and being able to impose your game on your opponent is greatness in one respect. If Conor can keep hitting featherweights and lightweights with that left and they're not able to stop it despite being top tier elite,.....not his problem.

Conveniently leaves out the fact he outboxed Diaz in the second match.

Almost entirely ignores his fights prior to first diaz fight where he used variation of kicks.

lastly, dumb enough to not realize wrestlers can outstrike superior strikers simply with the threat of TD.

giphy.gif

1/10

Why does it matter if it's only his left hand? It's KO'd like almost everyone he's fought, if it works it works. That's a dumb argument.

Also talking about Khabib out striking him is bullshit. Khabib out-MMA'd him. If it was just a striking match then Conor wouldn't be worried about take-downs, and then that changes everything. When Conor got cracked it's because he was considering the take down.

Conor haters are blind or dumb. You would think after the loss they can make reasonable threads. Nope still batshit crazy.

2 and 2 as a LW.. Finished twice. One win a split dec. Dont believe the promotional hype machine folks

Come on now. I have dogged the guy over the past week but some of these threads are simply dumb.

His striking is very good for MMA. He simply loses power and becomes sloppy when he gases and he gases pretty fast.

Over rated? Yes. Most overrated striker? Probably not. I’d think MVP would be, at least to me. McGregor put away some decent guys.

Conor is a decent striker for sure, even having a limited arsenal. Like Messi who 99% of the time dribles the same way and succeeds. Hes far from being goat or whatever tho, as some ppl defend. AS, for instance, was wayyyyyyyyy better. Since i used Messi as an example to conor, i would compare AS to Pelé, all things considered

Hasn't ko'd anyone with anything but his left hand. Was outboxed by Diaz. Only fighter to be limping after using a familiar strategy against Nate of leg kicks. And then Khabib lands the most meaningful punch in the fight between the two of them. That's what you call a great striker?

This is coming from someone whose Sherdog profile is based on Joanne Calderwood.

Wasn't outboxed by Diaz.

Ahhh.. yeah he was. Take away the 40 low kicks (yes, 40) and he'd have lost the rematch too. I know that no Conor fan will agree, but I take Nate in straight boxing as well. Bigger gloves, more rounds for Diaz to drown him.

Conor is a decent striker for sure, even having a limited arsenal. Like Messi who 99% of the time dribles the same way and succeeds. Hes far from being goat or whatever tho, as some ppl defend. AS, for instance, was wayyyyyyyyy better. Since i used Messi as an example to conor, i would compare AS to Pelé, all things considered

Conor McGregor's footwork and positioning is better than Anderson Silva's, who mostly relied on his reflexes.

Conor is one of the best strikers in MMA today, you can't really argue against that, he has the destruction of Poirier, Aldo, and Alvarez to back that up. His rematch against Diaz he showed some great adjustments. I kinda like it when Conor loses, but I really admire the man, he created all this for himself and he fucking KOed ALdo in 13 seconds, Khabib's win is even more impressive due to how good Conor's footwork, movement and striking is

Conveniently leaves out the fact he outboxed Diaz in the second match.

Almost entirely ignores his fights prior to first diaz fight where he used variation of kicks.

lastly, dumb enough to not realize wrestlers can outstrike superior strikers simply with the threat of TD.

giphy.gif

1/10

Did he ever KO anyone with a kick, knee, elbow, etc?

A. Silva, W. Silva, Machida, and Lidell have.

Back