McGregor is having a difficult time getting past his mauling...

Believe it or not, a ton of Irish were cowboys, as they were so good with horses and would work cheap at that time. The most famous being, this guy, who is probably the most famous cowboy of all time:

Tombstone-of-Legendary-Billy-the-Kid-in-New-Mexico.jpg
This thread is taking a turn...

Denial is the first stage of grief

He offered more resistance to Khabib than anyone else, really... did no one else expect to beat him? Is everyone else losing to him simply because they don't expect to win?
Slow down. I don’t think Conor tried to lose or anything. And yes, his performance was decent. However you can’t objectivrly watch that performance and tell me that that was the route to victory for Conor. You also can’t tell me that he didn’t mentally concede before that fight started. Conor never respected distance. He never used movement and footwork to evade khabib. He essentially did nothing that us fans expected him to do to try and win.

I think folks on Sherdog are taking his loss harder than he his.

Or it could be the case, the guy hasn't been sober since the fight and if he lays of the whiskey and crack, he will start crying over it then.

I personally think his heart isn't in fighting and he is an addict, so is probably taking it harder than he portrays.

The old saying is, those that portray happiness constantly on Social Media are usually anything but happy.

I think his ego has been that badly bruised, he is just trying to put up a front.

However you can’t objectivrly watch that performance and tell me that that was the route to victory for Conor.
He did a good job stopping Khabib's takedown in Rd 1 and won Rd 3

So respectfully:
200.gif

He got beat by a better fighter that night, that's it.

He did a good job stopping Khabib's takedown in Rd 1 and won Rd 3

So respectfully:
200.gif

He got beat by a better fighter that night, that's it.
He spent 4:30 on his back in rd 1. Why? Because he didn’t respect distance. He charged forward with slow feet right st khabib. Instead of using footwork to avoid the takedown he jumped into a knee oh khabibs takedown: thus all be handing him that first takedown. This lead to him already being sapped for rd 2 where he was pummeled. Despite winning round 3, that was not vintage Conor. That was a Conor thst was, yes, stopping the takedowns, but not using the Im and out movement and long striking that has made him so formidable. Must of Conor’s damage came from the clinch and pocket. He was countered by big hooks himself, and never used footwork to maintain octagon control and distance.

You can say what you want, but if you can’t tell that that wasn’t a good performance by Conor then nothing I say will convince you otherwise.

Slow down. I don’t think Conor tried to lose or anything. And yes, his performance was decent. However you can’t objectivrly watch that performance and tell me that that was the route to victory for Conor. You also can’t tell me that he didn’t mentally concede before that fight started. Conor never respected distance. He never used movement and footwork to evade khabib. He essentially did nothing that us fans expected him to do to try and win.
I was a little let down by his inactivity and timidity standing but I suspect that's a result of being in front of Khabib after feeling his top game

Can he fight better? Sure, but so can anybody in any fight.

His face changed a bit... Am i the only one seeing this?

His nose got a bit rounder, and bags under his eyes got a bit bigger? Look in his eyes kinda got a little bit, humbler?

Seriously anyone else seeing this?

I was a little let down by his inactivity and timidity standing but I suspect that's a result of being in front of Khabib after feeling his top game

Can he fight better? Sure, but so can anybody in any fight.
That fight was winnable by Conor. Very winnable. I never would have expected Conor trying to march down khabib like he was in a boxing match. He looked slow and labored like he did in the mayweather fight. I’m cautious whether he will ever train like he should and come back true to form. Visibly you could tell his cardio/ s&c and diet wasn’t where it should be. Visible pudge and noticeable difference in shreds.

Give the semi retired guy a break. He does MMA as a hobby now.

He’s never been a bad loser. Why are y’all trying so hard to give him some kind of moral victory over this

Good for him. The dude's set for life. Have fun. He's created his legacy

I imagine that deep in his soul, Conor does care. MMA fighters that are all humble and "may the best man win" can more easily lose and keep their ego intact, because they didn't talk that much shit in the first place.

But Conor talked loads of shit, said he would KO Khabib, only to get dropped himself. It's not possible for him to truly not care. It was a poor performance, it wasn't like Diaz 1 where he at least was smashing Diaz before he gassed.

For the rest of his life he is going to have to deal with GIFs of him being dropped and tapped in response to any tweet he ever puts out. I like Conor but there's not a man alive that can live with millions of people taunting you about tapping and being dropped without caring about it.

That being said, he's handling it well. He's putting off a convincing front that he doesn't care. It seems that Conor has accepted that he's almost done in MMA. He's on his way out. He might come back for the Khabib rematch next year and get back his younger hunger for one last final camp, putting everything into it, hoping that if he gets a win he can redeem himself. For the Diaz loss, he was back training like a mad man immediately after. For this loss, he's on a huge Proper 12 promotional tour.. And every minute he spends selling his whiskey is a minute he isn't training. He's mentally checked out.

There's no way he isn't traumatized and really hurt in his soul. That's not humanly possible

His pride and ego has taken a huge dent, whether he shows that or not
Well put. Colon does care. Thing is, he also cares about the cheese so..

Back