McGregor is having a difficult time getting past his mauling...

p4pgoat

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

I think folks on Sherdog are taking his loss harder than he is.

Last edited:
It’s cuz they care more about his fighting career than he does. He’s all about the cheese.

He didn’t prepare to win. I’m sure he wanted to, but he obviously didn’t mind losing. He wolfed us

It's actually brilliant imo. No matter how he feels on the inside, he didn't pull a Ronda and go hide in a hotel for months.

He's out here partying and having a good time and making people believe he doesn't care. It's pretty dope.

People on Sherdog take losses too far like when they call them cans and tell them to retire

I'm not buying it. The more his trying to hide it the more hurt he is. His ego has collapsed

Depression took a toll on this lad.

I think Conor is fine. He is a confident man.
I am a Conor basher and everyone knows it, but Conor is just fine.

I imagine that deep in his soul, Conor does care. MMA fighters that are all humble and "may the best man win" can more easily lose and keep their ego intact, because they didn't talk that much shit in the first place.

But Conor talked loads of shit, said he would KO Khabib, only to get dropped himself. It's not possible for him to truly not care. It was a poor performance, it wasn't like Diaz 1 where he at least was smashing Diaz before he gassed.

For the rest of his life he is going to have to deal with GIFs of him being dropped and tapped in response to any tweet he ever puts out. I like Conor but there's not a man alive that can live with millions of people taunting you about tapping and being dropped without caring about it.

That being said, he's handling it well. He's putting off a convincing front that he doesn't care. It seems that Conor has accepted that he's almost done in MMA. He's on his way out. He might come back for the Khabib rematch next year and get back his younger hunger for one last final camp, putting everything into it, hoping that if he gets a win he can redeem himself. For the Diaz loss, he was back training like a mad man immediately after. For this loss, he's on a huge Proper 12 promotional tour.. And every minute he spends selling his whiskey is a minute he isn't training. He's mentally checked out.

There's no way he isn't traumatized and really hurt in his soul. That's not humanly possible

His pride and ego has taken a huge dent, whether he shows that or not

I'm not buying it. The more his trying to hide it the more hurt he is. His ego has collapsed
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 9.47.39 AM.png

Maybe McGregor, like ^ Bruce Irvin, understands what's important in life. If a lawyer loses a case should s/he cry about it or bounce back and win the next one?

Football, fighting is a JOB. So athletes can earn a living and provide for their families. I'm not sure what people don't understand about that.

Conor's fans only care about how much money he's made. Whether he wins or loses is irrelevant at this point.

View attachment 455365

Maybe McGregor, like ^ Bruce Irvin, understands what's important in life. If a lawyer loses a case should s/he cry about it or bounce back and win the next one?

Football, fighting is a JOB. So athletes can earn a living and provide for their families. I'm not sure what people don't understand about that.
How come Conor is out clubbing when he could be spending time with his family? If Conor is so wealthy, shouldn't he now be enjoying his family and supporting his pregnant wife whom I am sure is dealing with a rollercoaster of hormone fluctuations and nausea? Instead he's out there looking for public validation and doing drugs.

Don't get me wrong, he can do whatever he wants, I just don't agree or think he is living a life of integrity and when it's all said and done, there will likely be regrets on certain choices he's made.

Last edited:
Back