mcgregor has a better shot against Ferguson.

They are both below Conor's level. But Nate Diaz laid out the blueprint to beat Conor.

If Conor actually pursues a traditional MMA career, he might defend that belt 3, 4 times tops.

So he would be the best LW title holder of all time?

Doesn't matter where you train, it just matters how you train. Matt Riddle learned his ji jitsu in his garage. MMA is an individual sport, you get what you put into it
well....thats..your opinion, man. I absolutely disagree with you, though .

IMO it goes like this.

McGregor beats Ferg
Khabib beats Mcgregor
Khabib and Ferg, stylistically is a more even, tough match up

Disagree, Conor has a better chance against Khabib. Conor demolishes Khabib on the feet and KO's him early at least 50% of the time, while Ferguson is a lot like Nate with his durability, hard to finish, he'd would go through the storm in R1 and than easily beat Conor from R2 onwards.

The Tony Ferguson that showed up vs RDA is a way, way worse matchup than Khabib. Mcgregor heavily depends on being bigger than his opponent and leaning on his reach. You're talking about a guy that is legit 6 foot and isn't some stuck-in-the-mud, weight on the front foot middle of the pack guy like Diaz. Not only that but he's very unorthodox, has a great ground game and very good wrestling.

Mcgregor looked much improved vs Eddie Alvarez and I think he would potentially be a problem matchup for Khabib.

Remember though, Ferguson and Khabib are both BIG lightweights. Khabib has put on a significant amount of size since his first fight in the UFC. Ferguson is tall as hell for that division. Both big problems for McG

*cracks open a code red Mountain Dew and turns chair around to play Xbox.
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Tony aint standing with conor. He's said as much in interviews.

He has nates chin, faster, bigger and can wrestle unlike nate. Conor wont get out of first round vs Tony or Khabib.

I agree, I think Ferguson would get caught against Conrad, due to Ferguson's tendency to exchange in the pocket with his whole torso completely straight. I think he'd get staggered doing that against McNugget.
He was kicked in the head like 5x by RDA and didnt phase him. Only Lando and his oiled up Metro PCS signs can hurt Tony.

Back