mcgregor has a better shot against Ferguson.

It's not atrocious. It's a bit above average for the entire UFC LW division. and a bit below average for the LW top 10, but from his past couple of fights he's been working A LOT on his TDD
you are delusional... His ground games stinks and it is not debatable...

I am not saying that Mcgregor des not stand a chance. He can beat any single lw out there. It takes one mistake...On paper both are very hard fights for him , though. Mendes and Alvarez were tiny. Aldo was defintely smaller than him.

He wont have a considerable size advantage no more. These 2 guys are as big if not bigger than Mcgregor.

I agree, I think Ferguson would get caught against Conrad, due to Ferguson's tendency to exchange in the pocket with his whole torso completely straight. I think he'd get staggered doing that against McNugget.

if either tony or kabib get it to the ground they both cant submit or gnp-tko conor at will

i feel tonys stand up and stand up defense is much better than kabibs he is longer and taller and more unperdicatble in what hes going to do it will be much harder for conor to do his usual counter left after opponets right hand is thrown he also throws kick to keep distance

so imo conor has the better shot at kabib

Come on now. SBG is not a mcdojo. It's one of the best gyms in Europe.
Yes its far from a mcdojo but my point is that is not a world class bjjj school. Murica and Brazil have the best bjj schools by far. Ireland is a small country and they are new in the mma map ....(there is no shame on that at all).

Tony Ferguson likes to go toe to toe and gets very wild. Khabib does pretty much the same but the big difference is that he can adjust his gameplan to shoot for td only. I dont know if Ferguson can take Mcgregor down at will. I am sure Khabib can.

Imo both are baaad matchups for Goat but he definitely has a better shot against Cucuy.

Ferguson is a more athletic & creative version of Nate Diaz and poses the same dangers on the feet or on the ground as Nate I would even push it and say he's more dangerous than Nate.

Ferguson is a more athletic & creative version of Nate Diaz and poses the same dangers on the feet or on the ground as Nate I would even push it and say he's more dangerous than Nate.

He is definitely better than Nate but idk if he can take the shots Nate can. That's pretty much what it's all about.

I had Eddie beating Mcgregor but once he got punched he never came back. He could not take his punches.

He is definitely better than Nate but idk if he can take the shots Nate can. That's pretty much what it's all about.

I had Eddie beating Mcgregor but once he got punched he never came back. He could not take his punches.

True dat ↑↑↑ but then again Conor's celebrated left is more like a real bell ringer than all lights out some fans like to go on about the Ivan guy and Aldo were Conor's only two sweet clean KO's out/in the UFC, not to say he can't put you on queer street if touches your chin.

I had Eddie too I think the moment got to him and completely lost his game and composure after getting tagged, when all had to do was keep up with the leg kicking which was effecting Conor, but he chose to trade rather than control fatal mistake...

Yes its far from a mcdojo but my point is that is not a world class bjjj school. Murica and Brazil have the best bjj schools by far. Ireland is a small country and they are new in the mma map ....(there is no shame on that at all).

Agreed that Ireland is not the best place in the world to learn BJJ. However:
  • He has been training regularly with Gunnar Nelson (one of the best BJJ players in the UFC) and Dillon Danis (one of the best BJJ players in the world) for years now;
  • He was awarded his brown belt several years ago; and
  • His head coach comes from a primarily BJJ background.
On this evidence it is at least reasonable to believe that his BJJ is not bad by UFC standards.

All we've seen of his ground game in recent times was against Nate in the first fight, when he gave up his back. Granted he came up short in that test. However, he was rocked and gassed at the time so it's probable that it doesn't tell us the whole picture.

It's a bit like God: the truth is we don't know because we don't have enough evidence either way.

I'm surprised Conor's not trolling the shit out of Khabib right now to give Tony the mental advantage going into the fight. Or the other way around if he prefers Khabib.

It's not atrocious. It's a bit above average for the entire UFC LW division. and a bit below average for the LW top 10, but from his past couple of fights he's been working A LOT on his TDD

lafayette_wtf.gif

I would say it's very average and purely geared to get back to the feet or stifle the top man so he can get a ref assist for the stand up....

I've never been banned, clown. My one and only other account I asked a mod to close for me.

Anyways, I got shit to do instead of chat it up with you. buhbye
*cracks open a code red Mountain Dew and turns chair around to play Xbox.

Fergilicous and K-Bob are both awful at striking and throw wild bullshit and rely on their ground game to not get demolished on the feet. Conor has the clear CLEAR advantage on the feet against both guys.
And both have a Clear Clear advantage in wrestling and BJJ/Grappling overall.
FYI Rock has a clear clear advantage over Scissors

I agree, so in a way i hope Ferguson Lose by early sub. Then Khabib can beat Conor a bit

They are both below Conor's level. But Nate Diaz laid out the blueprint to beat Conor.

If Conor actually pursues a traditional MMA career, he might defend that belt 3, 4 times tops.

i can be a brownbelt from the mcdojo around the corner. Few bjj schools are legit.... love Ireland but they dont have legit bjj schools over there.
Doesn't matter where you train, it just matters how you train. Matt Riddle learned his ji jitsu in his garage. MMA is an individual sport, you get what you put into it

He'd/he'll beat him similar to how MJ did but more destructive. Ferguson can mix it up well against most but his wild instincts are gonna cost him against someone who will time him and control the distance.

Back