McGregor actually punched the official in the face. Long suspension incoming

ABC can actually ban people from fighting in their own jurisdiction. Fighters agree to their rules in order to get licensed. That's not the same as using them outside of their jurisdiction, they're acting in a private capacity at that point.
are you suggesting that an american sanctioning body is acting in a public capacity overseas?

Theres no way that would be allowed on the taxpayers dime.....if they were paid to be there, it had to be by bellator.....

The official has zero liability. None. McGregor takes all liability onto himself by not complying in the first place. Fuck him if he cracks his noggin. He doesn't get a pass from acting like a crazy person in public. The official is attempting to take the most expedient action to end the incident and get back to his actual job inside the cage. If I have any criticism of his actions, it's that he could have done a better job throwing him off.
Ok. And there is Sherdog justice, and then there is real life.
Regardless of whatever asshole behavior some drunk is doing at an event, it is in everyone's best interest for the law/security to handle the situation with minimal injury.
"The most expedient action" does not equal the correct one.
I'm really not trying to shit on the guy because he was put in a situation that rarely happens, and he probably just reacted on instinct. But how he handled it wasn't correct. No one ended up getting injured, so no harm, no foul. But the situation could have turned out a lot worse.

You guys keep trying to make it about giving Conor a pass or some shit, and I have definitely not said that. He deserves punishment. But not at the hands of Joe the random security guard. It's not up to him to "crack noggins". And getting your noggin cracked is hardly an appropriate punishment for acting like a jackass. If we were talking about random dude vs random dude, let the law of the jungle decide...but this was an official who is supposed to be trained to handle stuff like this professionally

are you suggesting that an american sanctioning body is acting in a public capacity overseas?

Theres no way that would be allowed on the taxpayers dime.....if they were paid to be there, it had to be by bellator.....
No I'm suggesting what you said in your reply. They are only there in a private capacity, they wouldn't be able to act in any other way. Bellator just paid them as you suggested.

Again, Conor being a cunt doesn't mean security should do the same. Their job is to cool the situation, not escalate it. Pushing him at that point would have made matters worse.
I am NOT defending Conor. He was a moron. He started the whole incident, but the staff should be handling things like that like professionals.
And this isn't even about Conor. I would be saying the same thing if any other fighter, or random fan had tried to pull the same shit.

Imagine for a minute he didnt know it was Conor. He just sees a guy trying to get in the cage. For all he knows its a sherdog virgin like you with a knife. Hes not suposed to push that guy off the cage? In case it 'escalates'?? He should stop that person getting in the cage if hes not supposed to be there. If it means they fall off the cage tough fucking shit you shouldnt be ANYWHERE near it and ESPECIALLY not on it!!
Stop excusing him and excusing yourself by saying hes in the wrong. The guy did the right thing. Get that knobhead out of there because look what happened when he did get in!

Ok. And there is Sherdog justice, and then there is real life.
Regardless of whatever asshole behavior some drunk is doing at an event, it is in everyone's best interest for the law/security to handle the situation with minimal injury.
"The most expedient action" does not equal the correct one.
I'm really not trying to shit on the guy because he was put in a situation that rarely happens, and he probably just reacted on instinct. But how he handled it wasn't correct. No one ended up getting injured, so no harm, no foul. But the situation could have turned out a lot worse.

You guys keep trying to make it about giving Conor a pass or some shit, and I have definitely not said that. He deserves punishment. But not at the hands of Joe the random security guard. It's not up to him to "crack noggins". And getting your noggin cracked is hardly an appropriate punishment for acting like a jackass. If we were talking about random dude vs random dude, let the law of the jungle decide...but this was an official who is supposed to be trained to handle stuff like this professionally
I still disagree. The cage is high enough to be dangerous to fall from and it is clearly not meant to be sat on according to any reasonable human being, therefore, if you climb up onto it you take all responsibility for how you eventually end up coming back down from it, including getting launched off, because you have no business being there. It's called personal responsibility where I'm from.

I still disagree. The cage is high enough to be dangerous to fall from and it is clearly not meant to be sat on according to any reasonable human being, therefore, if you climb up onto it you take all responsibility for how you eventually end up coming back down from it, including getting launched off, because you have no business being there. It's called personal responsibility where I'm from.

100%
Its like a security guard not letting someone into the club and the dude aggressively trying to force himself in and the security push him and he falls and bangs his head. You gonna say 'Ohhhhh he should have just let him inside the club where maybe they could talk about it nicely' No, Things happen fast. Your not allowed in here.
The only difference between the guy trying to get in the club is hed probably snorted a G of coke less that that Idiot.

ya you let him climb over and than detain him you dont push ppl off the top of a cage

You Conor cumslurpers are hilariously low IQ. Do you realize that "detaining" would also involve physical contact with "King Connor"? By your logic in that case "self-defense" would again be justified. And by your logic King Connor can do literally whatever the fuck he wants because no one can touch his Highness and if anyone does then it's self-defense. Do you realize how stupid this is?

You Conor cumslurpers are hilariously low IQ. Do you realize that "detaining" would also involve physical contact with "King Connor"? By your logic in that case "self-defense" would again be justified. And by your logic King Connor can do literally whatever the fuck he wants because no one can touch his Highness and if anyone does then it's self-defense. Do you realize how stupid this is?

dude use ur head you dont throw ppl off the cage like its the medieval times. that bellator official needs to be disciplined and taught how to deal with these situations properly.

You guys need to settle down. If Conor gets suspended he gets suspended, if he doesn't he doesn't. You guys can't change anything, try being a little civil.

but we need to sell PPVs. we're promoting you know.

That's not true at all. Being an ABC member means you abide by their governance, which includes the application of punishments through all member AC's.

I'm not taking the stance that Conor should receive some crazy punishment. You can stop white knighting your mancrush, douche.

No it doesn't. Tell that load of BS you made up to Roy Nelson. LMAO

why you mad?
conor-mcgregor-ufc-mma-131.jpg

No it doesn't. Tell that load of BS you made up to Roy Nelson. LMAO

why you mad?
conor-mcgregor-ufc-mma-131.jpg

Nelson was suspended 9 months, from Sept 29th. The commission said it would reduce it to 6 months on the condition he publicly apologize. He did, and he fought 7 months after the initial suspension date.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/ufcs-r...-ref-john-mccarthy-after-post-fight-kick-push

Stick to things you know, like Conor's latest tweet or keeping track of his career title defenses.

Nelson was suspended 9 months, from Sept 29th. The commission said it would reduce it to 6 months on the condition he publicly apologize. He did, and he fought 7 months after the initial suspension date.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/ufcs-r...-ref-john-mccarthy-after-post-fight-kick-push

Stick to things you know, like Conor's latest tweet or keeping track of his career title defenses.

lmao you just frantically searched for that, keep quiet.

Conor isn't getting suspended. Deal with it.

lmao you just frantically searched for that, keep quiet.

Conor isn't getting suspended. Deal with it.
No, I remembered the ruling. And Roy's apology, and the video of Big John kicking him in the ass for "payback".

I'm not calling for Conor to be suspended, kid. And that's 0 title defenses, in case you can't count that high.

It was not a random fan with a weapon. Legality is based off circumstance, like you can't throw some random drunk guy on the street from a bar where cars are driving through. They had every right to remove him from the cage, they did not have a right to endanger and threaten his life.

They should of put a bullet in his coked out ass.

They should of put a bullet in his coked out ass.

Not only would they be charged with murder, they would have a hit on them. Not very smart! Nonetheless those frail security guards look about as pathetic as I imagine you looking. What the fuck the person in charge of that was thinking I do not know, but if anybody was on cocaine it was that guy. I mean they looked straight out of some comic convention, you probably even recognized them. Those guys would be paralyzed if they got the command to shoot a bullet into Conor, considering they shit their pants just trying to restrain him.

No, I remembered the ruling. And Roy's apology, and the video of Big John kicking him in the ass for "payback".

I'm not calling for Conor to be suspended, kid. And that's 0 title defenses, in case you can't count that high.

Lmao why are you talking about title defenses. Lmao you are absolutely obsessed. Get a grip.

Not only would they be charged with murder, they would have a hit on them. Not very smart! Nonetheless those frail security guards look about as pathetic as I imagine you looking. What the fuck the person in charge of that was thinking I do not know, but if anybody was on cocaine it was that guy. I mean they looked straight out of some comic convention, you probably even recognized them. Those guys would be paralyzed if they got the command to shoot a bullet into Conor, considering they shit their pants just trying to restrain him.
<{Heymansnicker}>

Back