McGregor actually punched the official in the face. Long suspension incoming

agreed...but...same time he shouldn't have been up there anyway. The ufc had to make this a rule from the early days when like pedro Rizzo won a fight and all of brazil,yes,the entire country,filled the octagon

No one is arguing that he was wrong to be up there. The argument is that the official shouldn't physically push him off he could've lost grip and landed on his head. That official isn't a security guard or law enforcement officer trained in detaining anyone, hence any physical use of force he does is a liability and could put Conor in danger.

Security was doing his job what if that was a fan with a weapon hoping to harm a fighter or ref

It was not a random fan with a weapon. Legality is based off circumstance, like you can't throw some random drunk guy on the street from a bar where cars are driving through. They had every right to remove him from the cage, they did not have a right to endanger and threaten his life.

That doesn't answer any of the questions asked in my post.

It's not the American Boxing Commission, it's the Association of Boxing Commissions.

The ABC is international, it's an organization that oversees local/state/national athletic commissions from Brazil to Mexico, Canada, and USA.

I'd imagine that Bellator used them to oversee the bouts because either Ireland doesn't have an MMA commission or they don't use the Unified Rules.

If they recommended Conor be punished, any commission that is under the umbrella of the ABC is bound to abiding by that. That's why if you're suspended by the CSAC you can't just go to Nevada and fight.

What a fuckin clown .... Needs to be made an example

This a lot funnier if you pretend it really is about Conor being scared to fight Tony and trying to find any out possible instead of just him being a coked up asshole.

It's not the American Boxing Commission, it's the Association of Boxing Commissions.

The ABC is international, it's an organization that oversees local/state/national athletic commissions from Brazil to Mexico, Canada, and USA.

I'd imagine that Bellator used them to oversee the bouts because either Ireland doesn't have an MMA commission or they don't use the Unified Rules.

If they recommended Conor be punished, any commission that is under the umbrella of the ABC is bound to abiding by that. That's why if you're suspended by the CSAC you can't just go to Nevada and fight.
I've had a look at the ABC's info and they don't have any jurisdiction in Ireland, they're an American commission. Bellator chooses to use unified rules in Ireland, or anywhere else they go but that's their call. They could write their own ruleset if they wanted.

Even if your first claim made sense that an American commission is overseeing an event in another country, it completely nullifies your other point that McGregor would be fine to fight everywhere other than America.

That's not how it works. NSAC may or may not honor suspension, and it's completely up to them. Not some indian tribe commission that even admits they have no clout over the situation but to beg UFC and NSAC officials of punishing Conor.

Rules say you can push someone of the cage when they dont expected it n potentialy hurting them??Thats a wonderfull rule i have to say...Silly me and my dumb way of thinking
Hahaha.....you are either new to MMA, or don't watch very much of it.
It is actually a dumb way of thinking. There were rules Connie broke them, and you are defending it when you don't know shit.

Who would the suspension come down from? Exactly who is the jurisdiction in this case? Can the UFC suspend him for that? Irish commission?

I can't see an actual suspension happening but I can see charges against him being pressed

Seems like a pretty instinctive reaction to that guy shoving him off the cage - could have easily fallen backwards and dieded.

could have easily climbed down instead of ignoring the official

Who would the suspension come down from? Exactly who is the jurisdiction in this case? Can the UFC suspend him for that? Irish commission?

I can't see an actual suspension happening but I can see charges against him being pressed

ufc has a code of conduct. attacking a referee and punching an official in the face when he has no business even being in the cage is more than anyone else has ever done

Not a good look for him I guess we'l see how it works out but fuck it I just hope he can fight Ferguson soon

I've had a look at the ABC's info and they don't have any jurisdiction in Ireland, they're an American commission. Bellator chooses to use unified rules in Ireland, or anywhere else they go but that's their call. They could write their own ruleset if they wanted.

Even if your first claim made sense that an American commission is overseeing an event in another country, it completely nullifies your other point that McGregor would be fine to fight everywhere other than America.

Bellator does not make up the rules. Commissions do. If Ireland lacks a commission or their commission does not use the Unified Rules, then it makes sense to bring in the ABC to preside over the bouts since the Bellator fighters are used to fighting under the Unified Rules.

The ABC oversees the commissions in Mexico, Brazil, and Canada so again, they do have jurisdiction oustide of the USA. Basically, a commission would join the ABC and be under their umbrella. The ABC supplies judges, refs, etc... and generally oversees the actions of the state/national commissions that are members of the ABC.

I specifically said if he was punished by the ABC or any commission that is an ABC member, he WOULDN'T BE ABLE to fight in America, or anywhere that has a commission that is an A BC member.

It's not hard, dude. The ABC is made up of athletic commissions like the CSAC, NYSAC, CABMMA(Brazil) in order to have a general governing body above all. Kind of like the United States all joined together and have a federal government that oversees all the states.

ufc has a code of conduct. attacking a referee and punching an official in the face when he has no business even being in the cage is more than anyone else has ever done

He's an independent contractor, not an employee. If your plumber gets in a bar fight the day after fixing your toilet, it's not your problem.

14S0m1D.gif

Try it on Floyd, Connie.

DJ5ocwzW4AEVgI5.jpg

That's not how it works. NSAC may or may not honor suspension, and it's completely up to them. Not some indian tribe commission that even admits they have no clout over the situation but to beg UFC and NSAC officials of punishing Conor.

That's not true at all. Being an ABC member means you abide by their governance, which includes the application of punishments through all member AC's.

I'm not taking the stance that Conor should receive some crazy punishment. You can stop white knighting your mancrush, douche.

Back