McG vs Khabib - The oversight

Do we think the rumours are true that its set for 229? What could the 2 title fights at 230 in NY be then?

Terrible comparison. Nate and Khabib are entirely dissimilar. Nate has zero wrestling, so even when Conor was gassed, it remained on the feet. Conor is the better striker and was able to survive and get some semblance of a second wind (although still gassed). Being completely gassed against Khabib is a completely different animal. There's no way a gassed Conor stops Khabib's takedowns, which would just lead to further mauling.

I was referencing specifically their cardio, pressure, and size advantage over Conor. You don’t have to tell me or anyone that Khabib and Nate are different fighters, that’s very clear.

Khabib has nowhere near Mendes' takedown ability. Chad has never gone 0 for 13 takedown attempts in his life.

You mean Conor is going to have to finish Khabib early, because if he doesnt, Khabib will simply out last him and end up on top of him for the final 2 or 3 rounds.

Conor can be hit by a truck and he will still knock Khabib out if they exchange hands.

watch the several TD’s defended vs Diaz
So you are trying to say Diaz is even close to Khabib in the takedown dept?
tenor.gif

Khabib has nowhere near Mendes' takedown ability. Chad has never gone 0 for 13 takedown attempts in his life.
Chad never fought a roided out massive LW (former WW) with some of the highest TDD in UFC history either.

You don't see Khabib fans shitting on Chad for struggling with Jose.

So you are trying to say Diaz is even close to Khabib in the takedown dept?
tenor.gif

I swear sometimes I don’t even know why I bother... Oh yea, I remember why, it’s because barely any of my friends are into mma and this is the only place where I can go to discuss it. FML.

Why ppl want Mcgregor to get beat up by Khabib?
I don't understand it...

it's a mismatch.. let him fight Kevin Lee.. atleast the trashtalk would be equal

I swear sometimes I don’t even know why I bother... Oh yea, I remember why, it’s because barely any of my friends are into mma and this is the only place where I can go to discuss it. FML.
Yeah...You are pro.
Everyone else who "Hates" on Conor, don't know shit.
Sorry to hear all your friends are either women, or pussies.
FYL indeed.

Sorry I mistyped, I meant he has made weight only 8/10 times. Pathetic!
Far from pathetic. Shit happens. Thank you for correcting yourself tho. Many would try to convoluted some bullshit. I always appreciate admitting mistakes.

Also, that is still wrong. Khabib made weight 9/10 fights. He only officially missed against Trujillo. He hit his mark for the other 9. He pulled out due to issues with his cut against Tony but that is outside of his 10 fights.

You mean to say that Khabib missed 1/10 times and had 1 fall through due to a bad cut.

Far from pathetic. Shit happens. Thank you for correcting yourself tho. Many would try to convoluted some bullshit. I always appreciate admitting mistakes.

Also, that is still wrong. Khabib made weight 9/10 fights. He only officially missed against Trujillo. He hit his mark for the other 9. He pulled out due to issues with his cut against Tony but that is outside of his 10 fights.

You mean to say that Khabib missed 1/10 times and had 1 fall through due to a bad cut.

No, it is isn't still wrong. For one, being the unbiased and fair commentator that I am, I included Khabib's scheduled fight that he pulled so even by your logic, it would only be 8/9. However, no doubt pulling out of a fight due to cutting issues is just as bad if not worse than missing weight. Khabib has proven multiple times he is not fit to consistently make the weight. Any sensible organization would've already forced him to move up after the second infraction, and rightfully so!

No, it is isn't still wrong. For one, being the unbiased and fair commentator that I am, I included Khabib's scheduled fight that he pulled so even by your logic, it would only be 8/9. However, no doubt pulling out of a fight due to cutting issues is just as bad if not worse than missing weight. Khabib has proven multiple times he is not fit to consistently make the weight. Any sensible organization would've already forced him to move up after the second infraction, and rightfully so!
Except he made weight 2 times, very easily, in his next 2 fights. He even cut extra weight in both. Khabib is about the size of the rest of the top 10 (excluding Dustin and Conor). Hell, Lee, Alvarez, and Tony all cut more than he does. 2 of them even started their career at WW.

Context is everything. There were 2 times in Khabib's career where he had weight issues. Both of which, he was struggling with an injury. Shortly before the Trujillo fight Khabib was injured and had to take the last stages of his camp easy so he could still fight. This fucked up his weight loss schedule. Against Tony, Khabib was still dealing with the effects of his back injury and another injury that he had to get treatment for after pulling out.

When Khabib has been injury free, weight has not been an issue. These last 2 fights prove that imo. He looked better than he ever has before in his last 2 cuts and is cutting less than 15lbs of water. Khabib identified his issue and fixed it. Thus, he should stay at LW. Similar to Tibau, another big LW. Tibau missed weight twice earlier in his career but fixed his issue and never missed again.

Khabib's biggest issue has always been injuries. Staying healthy has been a big challenge. The weight was just a side effect of that. As long as he can avoid major injuries then cutting weight won't be an issue.

Back