McG vs Khabib - The oversight

I don’t think anyone is really disputing that.

Khabib fans are banking on takedown and staying on the ground.

Conor fans are banking on that straight left to land flush.

No, he just just has better outside shots. Khabib's top game and transitions are several levels above Chad's.
Lol a guy who couldnt cut it in russia at junior level having better transition than ncaa finalist

Lol a guy who couldnt cut it in russia at junior level having better transition than ncaa finalist
Khabib did very well at the jr level and has proven throughout his entire grappling and MMA career to have some of the best to top control and transitions i. The buisness.

In terms of limb control, top game, and transitions Khabib is just much better than Chad.

Chad's outside TDs are unmatched in the lighter weight classes but his transitions and top game have never been his money makers.

Khabib did very well at the jr level and has proven throughout his entire grappling and MMA career to have some of the best to top control and transitions i. The buisness.

In terms of limb control, top game, and transitions Khabib is just much better than Chad.

Chad's outside TDs are unmatched in the lighter weight classes but his transitions and top game have never been his money makers.

#Fakenews

Khabib is an overrated WW. He's going to have to finish Conor early which he has shown a complete inability to do. Even Michael Johnson almost survived 3 rounds.
You mean Conor is going to have to finish Khabib early, because if he doesnt, Khabib will simply out last him and end up on top of him for the final 2 or 3 rounds.

Trujillo, Healy, RDA, Barboza and Iaquinta. Khabib did not put them away. He took them down, put in good work and when they got back up he put them down again... But he could not put them away...

Chad Mendes had 2 rounds of high energy, motivation, will, skill and power to cause as much damage as he possibly could to a “helpless” McGregor... He was unable to cause any significant damage.

People want to say Conor is useless on the ground, he is not. Is he a worldclass wrestler like Khabib, of course not but is Khabib a world class striker like Conor, no. That hasn’t stopped either of them from reaching the top.

If Conor does not land early and does indeed get taken down, this fight is not over. He is good enough on the ground to minimize damage and he is willful and skillful enough to make every moment in the stand up a dangerous one for Khabib.

This fight is a tossup and anyone claiming to know otherwise is probably just trying to push their guy.

Ladies and gentleman, this is the fight we have all been waiting for. This is the classic of classics, the striker vs the wrestler, the Anderson vs Gsp that we never got to see. I hope everyone can put their bs to the side and just sit back and enjoy the greatest show in the world.
Nice one I fell for it and read a paragraph be before seeing it was a troll post
<Gordonhat>

Trujillo, Healy, RDA, Barboza and Iaquinta. Khabib did not put them away. He took them down, put in good work and when they got back up he put them down again... But he could not put them away...

Chad Mendes had 2 rounds of high energy, motivation, will, skill and power to cause as much damage as he possibly could to a “helpless” McGregor... He was unable to cause any significant damage.

People want to say Conor is useless on the ground, he is not. Is he a worldclass wrestler like Khabib, of course not but is Khabib a world class striker like Conor, no. That hasn’t stopped either of them from reaching the top.

If Conor does not land early and does indeed get taken down, this fight is not over. He is good enough on the ground to minimize damage and he is willful and skillful enough to make every moment in the stand up a dangerous one for Khabib.

This fight is a tossup and anyone claiming to know otherwise is probably just trying to push their guy.

Ladies and gentleman, this is the fight we have all been waiting for. This is the classic of classics, the striker vs the wrestler, the Anderson vs Gsp that we never got to see. I hope everyone can put their bs to the side and just sit back and enjoy the greatest show in the world.

You got me even more sold on the fight than i already was. Hyped

1st response indicating I said something utterly obvious. 2nd response indicating I said something utterly ridiculous...Gotta love the Sherbros.

<{outtahere}>

Best forum in internet history.

I mean , Iaquinta and Edson took 2 of the worst beatings of their careers. Nate Dustin Max brandao Eddie Siver chad , none of these guys got the "touch" of death KO , all survived shots from Conor. The idea that all conor has to do is touch khabib , who's shown a damn solid chin , to finish him is ridiculous. Khabib is a slow grind but a grind. The mendes fight is irrelevant in my opinion. Khabib is so much more of a versetaille grappler ,bigger , stronger and with so many different ways to take conor down and a completley different way of causing damage. Also ,cardio , i dont see him gassing in 2 rounds and going for a desperation sub . Conor will have a chance at the start of every round he survives but he wont get up if it hits the ground

Conor's jiu Jitsu is better than MJ's id be willing to bet and he's only getting better.

Conor's clinch and td defense is underrated as well.

I think if you were to tell anyone prior to the Chad fight that Conor would spend the majority of two rounds off his baCk that they would then say Conor had no chance. It was rare to see him be taken down, then get back up and start walking Chad down. Most guys are shell shocked after being taken down that much and even end up helpless target like Al did vs Kebob.

You cannot count anything out in a McGregor fight. We all learned that long ago, from one punch KO'ing Aldo, to losing to Nate, to out cardio'ing Nate, to schooling Eddie, out grappling Brandao to even entering the ring with May.

Conor's clinch and td defense is underrated as well.
And if there's one part of his game improved over the last 2 years, it would be his ground game, as his BFF is now Danis. Danis' breed of 'jitz' (lol such a 2008 word) is much more bottom orientated, crafty and attack heavy, where as Kav and Gunni's style are more top control and being MMA positional orientated. My guess is if Conor ended up on the bottom with Chad now, he may attack more.

I don't know about you guys, but I am pumped to see Conor's advancements. He clearly changed his game tremendously from 196 to 202, and at 205 he looked like a sharper version of his 202 self, but now he has taken two years away and I'm sure we will get an even different animal. No more spinning shit and just a focus on his strengths.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

BlankWarmCaecilian.gif

LegitimateCheerfulHyracotherium.gif

McGregor-elbows-bottom.gif

56d0bf6031aa1.gif

1422377422ConorLegDrag.gif

4LnkzLNfKW1W3HMsQxjGWev6OdEUxRX8QPOx4Qz7jXQ.gif

giphy.gif

Iad12ok.gif

Hill_1.gif

giphy.gif

Yup, utterly useless on the ground.
Some silly little clips? They don't mean squat. Let's look at his stats...
ALL but one win via striking. The one win with BJJ was a rear naked in C.R.
All losses occur on the ground, via submission.
You are a complete Tool, if you don't think every other fighter in the UFC don't have similar clips of themselves. These clips don't prove he has a good ground game. Hell, even I can shoot a decent game of mini golf on a good day. But on the usual, I am average at best.
For instance, the fourth clip down, it shows him sweep, sure, but what happened immediately after?
The clip of Chad. How many times did Chad take him down and control him? You use a clip of elbows from the bottom, and call it him being good on the ground? Where is his back during this clip? Do you remember the look he kept giving the ref, pretty much hoping he got stood up?

Conor's ground game is nothing special.....The guy can't even tie a belt properly FFS...

McGregor-Daly.jpg

He's a world champ in BJJ, and Sambo. Not to mention he has plenty of finishes via Sub.
How about Conor? Any of the above? No?..Or.....

If McG has only got two rounds in him then Nate would have been able to repeat his performance from the first go around, he couldn’t. Nate, the cardio/volume machine who also happens to be bigger than Conor, like Khabib.
Terrible comparison. Nate and Khabib are entirely dissimilar. Nate has zero wrestling, so even when Conor was gassed, it remained on the feet. Conor is the better striker and was able to survive and get some semblance of a second wind (although still gassed). Being completely gassed against Khabib is a completely different animal. There's no way a gassed Conor stops Khabib's takedowns, which would just lead to further mauling.

Back