McG vs Khabib might look like Dos Anjos vs Khabib

KimuraCommander

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Leave it to the cucks of Sherdog to make a mockery of the pre-fight build up to McGregor vs Khabib, but I'm inclined to think the more likely scenario is the fight looks a lot like Dos Anjos vs Khabib.

First off, many of you are completely disrespecting McGregor as an all around MMA artist. I don't need to hear you rehash "but....but Khabib's wrestling!" We all know Khabib has the wrestling advantage, but I think it is foolish to automatically conclude he's going to GnP McGregor for 25 minutes. He didn't GnP Dos Anjos all fight long, there was plenty of stand up action.

I am very much looking forward to the pre-fight antics. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY plays mind games like McGregor. There is fighting in the UFC. There is fighting for a title. And then there is fighting MCGREGOR for the title. Khabib might find himself stiffened before he even knows what happening because of adrenaline dump, over anxiousness, etc.

In the big picture, folks, Dos Anjos is probably the best trophy on Khabib's mantle. No disrespect to Barbosa, Michael Johnson or Ragin' Al, but Dos Anjos is clearly superior to all those fighters in my opinion.

And that was a very competitive fight. Did Khabib get the better of him, impose his will and take the fight where he wanted more often? Yes, yes he did, and that's why he won. But that was no one-sided beat down, not by any stretch. In conclusion, please explain to me why Dos Anjos could hang with Khabib, but Conor doesn't stand a chance. Puh-leez

It's going to be a very competitive fight, imo. I know a lot of people are calling for a quick ending or at least a quick direction in the fight, but I think it's going to be contested through out. Wouldn't be surprised with a split decsision.

Dos Anjos is much better off his back and has better TDD.

Lmao what exactly did RDA do to make it a competitive fight? He was basically defending the entire fight while Khabib was making him fly.

Na, dos anjos isnt half the striker conor is.

Leave it to the cucks of Sherdog to make a mockery of the pre-fight build up to McGregor vs Khabib, but I'm inclined to think the more likely scenario is the fight looks a lot like Dos Anjos vs Khabib.

First off, many of you are completely disrespecting McGregor as an all around MMA artist. I don't need to hear you rehash "but....but Khabib's wrestling!" We all know Khabib has the wrestling advantage, but I think it is foolish to automatically conclude he's going to GnP McGregor for 25 minutes. He didn't GnP Dos Anjos all fight long, there was plenty of stand up action.

I am very much looking forward to the pre-fight antics. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY plays mind games like McGregor. There is fighting in the UFC. There is fighting for a title. And then there is fighting MCGREGOR for the title. Khabib might find himself stiffened before he even knows what happening because of adrenaline dump, over anxiousness, etc.

In the big picture, folks, Dos Anjos is probably the best trophy on Khabib's mantle. No disrespect to Barbosa, Michael Johnson or Ragin' Al, but Dos Anjos is clearly superior to all those fighters in my opinion.

And that was a very competitive fight. Did Khabib get the better of him, impose his will and take the fight where he wanted more often? Yes, yes he did, and that's why he won. But that was no one-sided beat down, not by any stretch. In conclusion, please explain to me why Dos Anjos could hang with Khabib, but Conor doesn't stand a chance. Puh-leez

The thing is that wasn't prime Dos Anjos. Even that version though was better than MJ, Al, and Edson. None of those four guys were really that great though, and none of them posed a stylistic threat to Khabib.

Conor is the complete opposite. Like MJ, he's a solid wrestler, but he's also much better on the ground. He has better striking as well, particularly in terms of both footwork and IQ. In addition to his ability to frame, he poses a lot more threats than MJ did who managed to tag Khabib a couple of times. Conor will not only be able to do it more frequently with greater precision, timing, and set-ups, but he won't be left exposed like MJ left himself multiple times. And this is information from years ago. Conor has most likely gotten significantly better by being completely focused on training for Khabib outside of the few months he spent on Floyd.

It will be clean work, no doubt!

Personally I can’t see it going to a decision. Either McGregor starches him in the first two rounds or we find out Khabib has a good chin and rag dolls him finishing with gnp inside 3. Hopefully it’s the former.

Dos Anjos is much better off his back and has better TDD.

Dos Anjos can’t punch like Conor can moving backwards. None of Khabib’s past opponents can. Conor TKO in 1. The king is coming. Conor bless.

Dos Anjos can’t punch like Conor can moving backwards. None of Khabib’s past opponents can. Conor TKO in 1. The king is coming.

The thing is that wasn't prime Dos Anjos. Even that version though was better than MJ, Al, and Edson. None of those four guys were really that great though, and none of them posed a stylistic threat to Khabib.

Conor is the complete opposite. Like MJ, he's a solid wrestler, but he's also much better on the ground. He has better striking as well, particularly in terms of both footwork and IQ. In addition to his ability to frame, he poses a lot more threats than MJ did who managed to tag Khabib a couple of times. Conor will not only be able to do it more frequently with greater precision, timing, and set-ups, but he won't be left exposed like MJ left himself multiple times. And this is information from years ago. Conor has most likely gotten significantly better by being completely focused on training for Khabib outside of the few months he spent on Floyd.

It will be clean work, no doubt!
What proof do you have that Conor id better on the ground thab MJ? Because i sure ad hell have more evidence of Conor tapping and getting clobbered on the bottem thab MJ.

I think it will look like Conor vs. Alvarez.

Good luck closing the distance.

There are going to be alot of disappointed of Conor fans when Conor doesn't land shit and gets low singled to the floor like nothing... will you guys still believe then?

Conor might literally be the worst grappler Khabib has faced in the UFC.

khabib didnt do much to dos anjos on the ground is because he wasn't as refined then as he has been since returning from injury . before many of his opponents would get back up and still be dangerous. now its different story

What proof do you have that Conor id better on the ground thab MJ? Because i sure ad hell have more evidence of Conor tapping and getting clobbered on the bottem thab MJ.

MJ got clobbered on the mat by Khabib more than Conor has in all of his fights combined. Conor wouldn’t need to go rounds with MJ, it would be over in 2 minutes. If Khabib can’t push conor back, he’s getting KO’d. Even if he can push him back there’s a high chance Conor catches him. Conor gonna make your boy faceplant.

I totally disagree that this fight will look anything like khabib Dos Anjos.

Unlike Conor Dos Anjos does not control the distance well and often concedes the clinch. He does defend well from that position and is tougher and has better cardio than Conor.

If Conor can't avoid getting stuck in the clinch (or worse on his back) he is fucked. He will break. Conor has the power and precision to catch khabib coming in for sure.

This will not be a back and forth fight. Someone is going to get dominated and finished in this fight. We don't who yet.

Here's hoping it's Conor.

Last edited:
There are going to be alot of disappointed of Conor fans when Conor doesn't land shit and gets low singled to the floor like nothing... will you guys still believe then?

Conor might literally be the worst grappler Khabib has faced in the UFC.
I wouldn't go that far. The worst defensive grappler was probably Barboza or MJ. Conor has some sneaky sweeps and stays composed pretty well.

We'll see, but I think RDA put up more of a fight than Conor will.

Last edited:
Conor isn't even a hundredth of the grappler RDA is. RDA took Colby Covington down with ease and kept him on the ground for a while. Colby couldn't keep RDA on the ground. Imagine Conor's grappling against Colby.

Personally I can’t see it going to a decision. Either McGregor starches him in the first two rounds or we find out Khabib has a good chin and rag dolls him finishing with gnp inside 3. Hopefully it’s the former.
I agree except hopefully it's the latter.

Back