"McG doesn't defend."

He def should have defended instead of chasing money

The fans love a title defender, just look at how loved and popular DJ is
<DirkMavs>
taxi-drive-clap.gif

Didn't read. Has been stripped of 2 titles due to inactivity when hes been healthy. Should've rematched aldo. Shouldve went back and defended the 45 belt after nate tapped him, but he rage quit and retired till he got a rematch. Went on maternity leave for some bullshit reason when there was a list of killers waiting at LW. You can sugarcoat it and try to decipher it all you want but he has 4 titles. And 0 title defenses . And 2 got stripped. These are facts.
This

I will bet him as well.

Conor would LOVE Khablob in Russia.

Khabib vs. Conor would do a big live gate and attendance, but the time zone differences would impact the PPV sales.

Not to mention, Khabib has a decent chin and it's not exaclty like Russia has a stellar squeaky-clean and corruption-free sports history.

Little head movement, poor footwork, zero wrestling, limited takedowns, poor leg kicks, doesn't close the distance fast and who slowly plods forward and blocks punches with his chin... but that's not an ideal opponent for Conor???

Diaz's entire gameplan pretty much revolves around cardio,his chin holding up and winning a battle of attrition.
Diaz doesn't have poor footwork and doesn't need to close the distance fast because he isn't looking for a takedown and Conor's kicks aren't really damaging.

Conor's gameplan revolves around controlling range, causing his opponent to wilt under pressure with aggressive counter punching, and then picking them apart and cracking their chin. Diaz is tall, has an iron will, great composure, and a solid chin.

See, it's easy to paint a picture however you want.

Bottom line for me is that he has not defended either belt that he won in the UFC and there isn’t an excuse for it.

It’s a shame because he’s a talented fighter and we’re missing out on some fun fights.

Diaz doesn't have poor footwork and doesn't need to close the distance fast because he isn't looking for a takedown and Conor's kicks aren't really damaging.

Conor's gameplan revolves around controlling range, causing his opponent to wilt under pressure with aggressive counter punching, and then picking them apart and cracking their chin. Diaz is tall, has an iron will, great composure, and a solid chin.

See, it's easy to paint a picture however you want.

So, closing the distance fast only amounts to takedown effectiveness (for everyone but Conor) but is considered controlling range (only if your name is Conor)?

Part of the reason why Conor is good at getting in and out quickly is because he fights light and off the balls of his feet and keeps his weight more evenly balanced (early in the fights, where he has a proven track record of success).

Diaz fights much more flat-footed and heavier on his rear leg which leaves him slower and makes it harder to get in and out quickly. Conor being faster than Diaz isn't speculation, it's a fact, and everyone knew that full well going into their fights, and it was a big part of his game plan both times.

Why are all these Conor threads starting to emerge from the woodworks? Is he fighting another easy midget fighter sometime soon?

Great story bro

McNugget still didnt defend

View attachment 354915

After losing to Duffy, he goes on to win 6 straight before winning the Cage Warriors FW title.
He then immediately challenges for the LW title and dominates with 1st rnd KO...

Enter Dana White.

Now, should Conor have said "Oh no Ufc, I've got bigger fish to fry!"

o_O

Conor runs through 6 UFC caliber fighters before winning the UFC FW title against the then ranked P4P #1.
He then immediately challenges for the LW title...

but that fight falls through less than 2 weeks before its date, the short notice replacement is top LW Nate Diaz.

Conor gets stunned in the 2nd rnd after winning the 1st.

What to do now? Highest grossing, most televised fight of his career and he just got humiliated. One minute he is King Midas, the next he is Nates bitch and everyone has now seen him be brought down to size. Fighters and fans alike are all thinking the same thing, "well that was interesting while it lasted but now his aura is gone and he's f***"

He says run it back.

Run it back! Against a larger guy who although many of you can't understand it, is one of the most solid fighters to ever grace the octagon. You may or may not know it now, you may have known it before but do you know who for damn sure knew it?... Conor knew it. He knew first hand who the f** Nate Diaz is. Conor knew what he was asking for and he practically begged for it.

Now whether or not you agree with the MD you have to admit, Conor did very well. He went from being little brothered to being on equal level with the larger, dangerous, future HOF, quintessential Diaz brother. Once he felt like he got back what he lost on this detour, he went straight back to the original order of business and
He then immediately challenges for the LW title and dominates with spectacular 2nd rnd KO...

-On a side note, it's funny how people say Conor "picked" Eddie because he would make for a favorable matchup. Conor signed on the dotted line vs Eddie just as and for the same reason that he signed on the dotted line vs RDA, because they were the title holders. Was RDA too "chosen by Conor" because he was a favorable matchup?

Anyways, Conor has now become the Champ Champ, first ever in UFC history. What a pussy! This f'guy just rode a wave of absolute luck to the greatest accomplishment in UFC champion history... It just makes me wonder, if a fake like Conor could do it, why didn't any of the "real" champs do it? SMFH!

Enter Floyd Mayweather.

Now, should Conor have said "oh no MayMac, I've got bigger fish to fry!"

o_O

I'm sure by now you've noticed the recurring themes that I have tried to highlight. The arguments that Conor is ducking or somehow avoiding challenges is just so ridiculous that it makes my head hurt.

I am willing to make a bet with anyone here. I bet, that Conors next fight will follow the order of his previous endeavours... it will be groundbreaking.

View attachment 354947
4A9E209F-CDE5-44C6-AB4F-CB298B7DFF75.gif

Yep
“He doesn’t defend “

NOTHING!!

With 60 million after taxes, he has much more partying to do. He may or may not be back. No need for the attempt to swing sherdogs opinion. Besides, Max is going to KO Kbib after Kbib mauls Tony. {<Scared}<36>

So, closing the distance fast only amounts to takedown effectiveness (for everyone but Conor) but is considered controlling range (only if your name is Conor)?

Part of the reason why Conor is good at getting in and out quickly is because he fights light and off the balls of his feet and keeps his weight more evenly balanced (early in the fights, where he has a proven track record of success).

Diaz fights much more flat-footed and heavier on his rear leg which leaves him slower and makes it harder to get in and out quickly. Conor being faster than Diaz isn't speculation, it's a fact, and everyone knew that full well going into their fights, and it was a big part of his game plan both times.
I never said Conor wasn't faster. I said it doesn't matter that much because Diaz's style does not depend on moving in and out of range frequently. He is someone who stalks his opponent and wants to stay in range basically all of the time. Diaz's feet aren't flat until after he's settled into the pocket. He's pretty good at getting into range.

Anyway, your statement was that Diaz was the best stylistic matchup for Conor. Whether you think Diaz is a particularly bad matchup or not, he definitely isn't the best. The best matchup for Conor is an aggressive striker who over commits as evidenced by his highlight reel KOs of everyone who does that against him and his 1-1 record against Diaz.

I was on board right up until the Mayweather fight.
Even of I could stomach that, sitting out now instead of fighting Tony was ridiculous.

View attachment 354915

After losing to Duffy, he goes on to win 6 straight before winning the Cage Warriors FW title.
He then immediately challenges for the LW title and dominates with 1st rnd KO...

Enter Dana White.

o_O

Conor runs through 6 UFC caliber fighters before winning the UFC FW title against the then ranked P4P #1.

but that fight falls through less than 2 weeks before its date, the short notice replacement is top LW Nate Diaz.

What to do now? Highest grossing, most televised fight of his career and he just got humiliated. One minute he is King Midas, the next he is Nates bitch and everyone has now seen him be brought down to size. Fighters and fans alike are all thinking the same thing, "well that was interesting while it lasted but now his aura is gone and he's f***"

He says run it back.

Run it back! Against a larger guy who although many of you can't understand it, is one of the most solid fighters to ever grace the octagon. You may or may not know it now, you may have known it before but do you know who for damn sure knew it?... Conor knew it. He knew first hand who the f** Nate Diaz is. Conor knew what he was asking for and he practically begged for it.

Now whether or not you agree with the MD you have to admit, Conor did very well. He went from being little brothered to being on equal level with the larger, dangerous, future HOF, quintessential Diaz brother. Once he felt like he got back what he lost on this detour, he went straight back to the original order of business and
He then immediately challenges for the LW title and dominates with spectacular 2nd rnd KO...

-On a side note, it's funny how people say Conor "picked" Eddie because he would make for a favorable matchup. Conor signed on the dotted line vs Eddie just as and for the same reason that he signed on the dotted line vs RDA, because they were the title holders. Was RDA too "chosen by Conor" because he was a favorable matchup?

Anyways, Conor has now become the Champ Champ, first ever in UFC history. What a pussy! This f'guy just rode a wave of absolute luck to the greatest accomplishment in UFC champion history... It just makes me wonder, if a fake like Conor could do it, why didn't any of the "real" champs do it? SMFH!

Enter Floyd Mayweather.

o_O

I'm sure by now you've noticed the recurring themes that I have tried to highlight. The arguments that Conor is ducking or somehow avoiding challenges is just so ridiculous that it makes my head hurt.

I am willing to make a bet with anyone here. I bet, that Conors next fight will follow the order of his previous endeavours... it will be groundbreaking.

View attachment 354947
Yeah we really needed yet another thread on this :rolleyes:

He doesn't defend. There's no way you can argue against that fact.

View attachment 354915

Enter Dana White.

o_O

He says run it back.

Enter Floyd Mayweather.

o_O

View attachment 354947

You SUCK!!!!!!

Didn't read. Has been stripped of 2 titles due to inactivity when hes been healthy. Should've rematched aldo. Shouldve went back and defended the 45 belt after nate tapped him, but he rage quit and retired till he got a rematch. Went on maternity leave for some bullshit reason when there was a list of killers waiting at LW. You can sugarcoat it and try to decipher it all you want but he has 4 titles. And 0 title defenses . And 2 got stripped. These are facts.

13 seconds

There is no reasoning with Conor haters. Just let them be.
The guy should have vacated if he wanted to do anything else besides defend his belt. His name carries the weight with casuals for the most part anyway.

You sound like heavy duty pipe cleaner dude, get off the mans nuggets he needz to man up or f*k off with his money...

EDIT: Didn't Read...

Last edited:
He def should have defended instead of chasing money

The fans love a title defender, just look at how loved and popular DJ is
<DirkMavs>

Fans not liking DJ has nothing to do with how many title defenses he has or doesn't have. Dumb argument.

Why not mention Jones title defenses? Or GSP's? or Silva's? Because they don't fit your dumb narrative.

Back