Mcd not big in Nam, how about your area?

You can get a beer at McDonalds too outside of the US..

giphy.gif
Not just a beer in a paper cup either. It's a glass of beer.

There's one Mickey Dee's where I live. Busy place.

I've been in them outside the US. They usually have a few different menu items, like curry in the UK, but the McStink (i.e. the odor of all McD's) is the same everywhere.

So you're in the UK, where they have arguably the best curry in the world, and you're gonna choose to eat some from McDonalds?

So you're in the UK, where they have arguably the best curry in the world, and you're gonna choose to eat some from McDonalds?
Yes and you'll leave the restaurant smelling like week old oil that they fry grouper fish in.
Feel free to wash it down with a vanilla carrageenan shake while you're at it.

Yes and you'll leave the restaurant smelling like week old oil that they fry grouper fish in.
Feel free to wash it down with a vanilla carrageenan shake while you're at it.

Nah thanks. And a heads up, that "grouper" isn't grouper.

Why would I want curry? It looks like something that comes out of my body, not something I would put in it.

I don't eat McDonalds either. There were 6 in the city, now they're down to 4.

Nobody where I work ever goes to get McDonald's. Ever.

This is notable because there's one pretty close.

Everyone either orders pizza, Thai Express, or goes to Wendy's or Tim Hortons.

McDonalds? Never.

Nobody where I work ever goes to get McDonald's. Ever.

This is notable because there's one pretty close.

Everyone either orders pizza, Thai Express, or goes to Wendy's or Tim Hortons.

McDonalds? Never.
Where is that?
It's ok now and again. But yeah in the US I went only a few times a year at most.

Pretty interesting , mcd and BK haven't done well at all in Vietnam. Everywhere else in East Asia, they've done pretty well.
In Japan mcd is huge. It's basically everywhere and the most powerful fast-food chain by far. Sure some beef bowl chains may have more locations, but like subway they don't out sell McDonald's.
KFC is also big in Japan. It's also oddly kinda nicer her than the US.
What fast-food chain is the big guy in your area?

Also Starbucks is killing it in Japan

B001EBYMB2_fullmetaljacket_UXWB1._RI_SX940_.jpg

Montreal.
Ok. Who knows? Maybe they didn't grow up on it?
As a kid we didn't go much. And after we stopped being interested in happy meals we basically didn't go.

I moved to Hong Kong over 20 years ago. McDonald's was everywhere, but there were other US burger joints - Wendy's, Hardee's, jack-in-the-box and Burger king. They couldn't compete in price and popularity, and by the early 2000s, they'd all disappeared.
Burger king is back, but has very little presence. Undoubtedly McDonald's totally dominates here.
In China, however, it is doing well but comes a big second to KFC.

Back