Mazzy Star

Funny how nobody quoted this album which is by Hope Sandoval & Warm Inventions, formed subsequently to MS ......just listen to Rest of your Life and fly away very very high. Hope has given us all ....ehm ehm ......Hope for the future of rock, making us forget the total crap that is out there in Gaga-Beyonce-Rhianna land .....viva SEXYDELIC Hope, my icon in female vocalists.

In the images - 2024-02-26T024558.230.jpegimages - 2024-02-26T024523.725.jpegimages - 2024-02-26T024446.443.jpegpsychedelic female vocalist timeline, Hope is part of the Slick- Joplin - Smith - Brianna - Alunah timeline :):):)

I don't think they sound remotely alike
After listening to her song I can see the comparison. It’s more about bluesy guitar work and atmosphere on a production level and arrangement. Silvertone is quite trippy for its time and got praised by David lynch who used a lot for blue velvet iirc.

But yea, vocal wise not so much.

I love this song but I think its the only hit they had and all their songs sounded the same.
Not even close. Just Like Honey was a much bigger hit. That was off their debut album Psychocandy. Their follow up album Darklands was quit different than their debut. Sometimes Always appeared on their 5th album Stoned and Dethroned. Hope was in a brief relationship with Jim Reid, but you can see things went south by the time they performed the song on 120 minutes.

(and yes, I realize I'm responding to a "guest" account that is no longer here, but its never too late to set the record straight)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back