Mayweather - "Ward lost! Hunter not good"

Honestly, Floyd is dropping some gems. You gotta look past your personal feelings toward the guy and actually respect the 20+ years of boxing knowledge he starts to throw out...11min on.

He's definitely taking advantage of having "fuck you" money.

I disagree with Floyd that Ward needs to change something. He made the changes he had to mid fight. But he's not off on Virgil. He's had 0 success with anyone else. Plus he wants to be a poet like Naseem but just comes across like a weirdo.
I think what he's referring to is, Andre may have adjusted, but lets not ignore the fact that Kovalev definitely figured out what it takes to get him outta there. All it really took was more relentless pressure and the angst to really throw to close the show and Andre has some really serious problems. I tend to agree with him. Andre squeaked by with the win, but Kova didn't really try to take it. I don't think Kova being reckless really puts him at a disadvantage against Andre. Ward sort of feeds on out thinking/boxing a guy that is also trying to box him. If Kovalev figured that out by watching film, Andre Ward DOES really have some things he needs to get better at. I picked Ward by outboxing him in ONE fight, a 2nd fight.... Kovalev has more he can grow on versus what Andre can do next time. Next fight he's gonna have to knock Sergei out to win, I really believe that.

I think what he's referring to is, Andre may have adjusted, but lets not ignore the fact that Kovalev definitely figured out what it takes to get him outta there. All it really took was more relentless pressure and the angst to really throw to close the show and Andre has some really serious problems. I tend to agree with him. Andre squeaked by with the win, but Kova didn't really try to take it. I don't think Kova being reckless really puts him at a disadvantage against Andre. Ward sort of feeds on out thinking/boxing a guy that is also trying to box him. If Kovalev figured that out by watching film, Andre Ward DOES really have some things he needs to get better at. I picked Ward by outboxing him in ONE fight, a 2nd fight.... Kovalev has more he can grow on versus what Andre can do next time. Next fight he's gonna have to knock Sergei out to win, I really believe that.

I don't disagree that if Kov threw more he could've won decisively or that it might have been his best option. But he didn't. And he didn't for a reason. Ward's body work started taking it's toll, and he used his jab to disrupt Kov and keep him from getting his offense going for the last half of the fight.

I think you're giving Kovalev more credit for losing the fight than Ward for winning it. I think it has to be looked at it a little more holistically. Kovalev had a ton of momentum in the first rounds and it was gone by the mid rounds. And it didn't happen because he decided to give the fight away.

i think floyd is just missing the limelight, he's speaking with the media more and more because of it. Ya, he knows the sport but I think his desperation for attention is plain. as far as hunter, he's got some doubters but I thought personally he did a great job of keeping on Ward throughout the fight and it made the difference.

Floyd's statement in this interview was, "He [Ward] didn't win". He never explicitly stated that Kovalev won. For all we know #TBE had it a draw. The best part of the interview was from 9:50-10:25 when he sidestepped Campbell's question about Gary Russell Jr's hand speed by bringing up GRJ's loss to Lomachenko. Such natural delivery. Brilliant stuff.

I got you. Next time just leave the colon and anything after it out so that it embeds properly. Boys, select the text below the picture so that it's highlighted. It's a whole lot easier to read then. I'll just make it easy and quote it.

Floyd - I'm not taking the bait, but I will say this. When is it going to stop? How many more people are you going to lash out at? You’re in a position to build up the sport of boxing and the people in it and not tear it down. Especially the younger generation. Be a part of the solution and not a part of the problem. Don't become another "Critic" the very ones you've been fighting your whole career. Especially toward the ones who go through the same things you do. All the lashing out may make headlines, but it's not a good look bro. We need to choose our words wisely, the people are listening.

Last edited:
You're all jelly that those of you who bet on kov didn't win and those of us who bet on ward did

<{Joewithit}>

I got you. Next time just leave the colon and anything after it out so that it embeds properly. Boys, select the text below the picture so that it's highlighted. It's a whole lot easier to read then. I'll just make it easy and quote it.

Thanks. Classy response imo.

I don't disagree that if Kov threw more he could've won decisively or that it might have been his best option. But he didn't. And he didn't for a reason. Ward's body work started taking it's toll, and he used his jab to disrupt Kov and keep him from getting his offense going for the last half of the fight.

I think you're giving Kovalev more credit for losing the fight than Ward for winning it. I think it has to be looked at it a little more holistically. Kovalev had a ton of momentum in the first rounds and it was gone by the mid rounds. And it didn't happen because he decided to give the fight away.
True, but he allowed Andre the opportunity to sit and re-establish himself, essentially shaking it off.

Thanks. Classy response imo.
Yeah, damn classy!

But then again....was Floyd really attacking anyone directly or was he just giving his own personal opinion? He was asked, and so he answered. Why does he have an obligation to give watered down "positive PC" answers?

Too many times people assume "hating" when all it is is an unpopular opinion.

Yeah, damn classy!

But then again....was Floyd really attacking anyone directly or was he just giving his own personal opinion? He was asked, and so he answered. Why does he have an obligation to give watered down "positive PC" answers?

Too many times people assume "hating" when all it is is an unpopular opinion.
Id say he went after Ward's trainer, for sure.

Id say he went after Ward's trainer, for sure.
Cause he said something negative? what does he have to gain other than stating his opinion? Funny, a negative and you're going in on someone, a positive and you're either nuthugging or not telling the truth.

I like the older, calmer Floyd. He has a funny way of putting things, but it's always interesting to hear his honest opinion. Or his trolling opinion, whatever it is, it's interesting.

How many boxers of Floyd's status would just flat out say a fairly well-respected trainer is "not good at all" unprovoked? That's pretty funny to me. I also happen to agree with him on that, Hunter is very mediocre.

The power of the dark flesh at an elite status is indescribably delicious and enters ones fantasies with approaching sensations that is unrivaled. It is one of the pillars of The Nexus, you know this Mr Nac...

Cause he said something negative? what does he have to gain other than stating his opinion? Funny, a negative and you're going in on someone, a positive and you're either nuthugging or not telling the truth.
Its a Floyd back handed insult just as he typically dishes out.

Floyd's statement in this interview was, "He [Ward] didn't win". He never explicitly stated that Kovalev won. For all we know #TBE had it a draw. The best part of the interview was from 9:50-10:25 when he sidestepped Campbell's question about Gary Russell Jr's hand speed by bringing up GRJ's loss to Lomachenko. Such natural delivery. Brilliant stuff.
You seem like you don't like the idea of Floyd thinking Kovalev won, for some reason.

Nice to see Mayweaher say Canelo ko's GGG and that Jacobs vs GGG a who gets off first wins

Thanks for the share @Kovalev's "Man Bag"

He chooses canelo over GGG because he beat canelo . He says Jacobs vs GGG is a toss up because he doesn't want to say anything positive about GGG. Nothing Floyd says has to do with his assessment of the matchup it's all how to best leverage his personal legacy. Same with talking about Ward

Back