Mayweather vs Pacquiao Superthread (DO NOT POST OTHERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floyd has you dumb boxing fans exactly where he wants.

All this publicity = $$$$$$$$$$ for Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Exactly. Plus it always surprises me that people expect sane comments from people who get punched in the head for a living.

i_hate_haters_tshirt-p235979503340242893c2mc_400.jpg

While I understand it's his job to hype a fight, there are certain lines one shouldn't cross and he did exactly that..........racist comments from Pro Athletes is not exactly the most pragmatic way of selling yourself. Everyone will think you're a douche (rightfully so) and your endorsements could pull the plug on you.

Whether he meant to simply hype it or actually meant it makes no difference because at the end of the day Floyd is a grown man and made his decision. Whatever consequences he gets from his choice is all on him.

i hope floyd read this. hes the biggest hater

do you not notice FLOYD HATING ON PACQUIAO? a hater is a person that cant stand to see another man shine. a hater is a guy who talks mad shit about another person.

Don't we sherdoggers do this?
like, alot?

You misunderstood my comments. "Both sides" was clearly intended to refer to both Mayweather and Mayweather haters, not to Pacquiao. I thought that would be obvious since I was referencing Mayweather haters in my post, not Pacquiao himself, but I guess you really have to spell everything out for some people on this board.

Sure. But again, what do "Pac fans" got to do with this particular issue. Isn't it hypocritical to call out the "generalizations" and yet you labeled a group of people who shared the same sentiment, people calling Mayweather the "N" word as "Pacman fans" ???

thank you...thats the fucking problem you see this guy act a fool and now here come the generalizations...

as a Mayweather fan I'm disappointed....this was pitiful....and racist I can't support that bullshit....

and check out Mayweather videos on youtube....before this irant....PACMAN fans calling him a "n!gger"...I'm not saying I condone his actions but what else is new.....

smh.....

I by no means belong in this subforum and that's why I'm here. I figure you guys will know more than me. This is why I'm seeking to fulfill my curiosity.

This seems to be the only fight that people have any MAJOR interest in having happen. If this fight happens will it generate more interest in boxing or will it be the nail in the proverbial coffin?

I by no means belong in this subforum and that's why I'm here. I figure you guys will know more than me. This is why I'm seeking to fulfill my curiosity.

This seems to be the only fight that people have any MAJOR interest in having happen. If this fight happens will it generate more interest in boxing or will it be the nail in the proverbial coffin?

I think you should do at least a little bit of research on the history of the sport of boxing.
To answer your question, no, and your a fucking idiot.

It will be the biggest ppv draw in history. After that not many big fights left. However I think hbo is doing a pretty good job of getting some young good fighters on their fight cards. It won't be what it was ever againg I think, but it won't die.

It won't be what it was ever againg I think, but it won't die.

Boxing has seen better days in America, but I haven't seen a period in my lifetime when it's been stronger on a global stage than it has been for the last few years.

Boxing has seen better days in America, but I haven't seen a period in my lifetime when it's been stronger on a global stage than it has been for the last few years.

Some fucking moderator in the Heavies deleted a thread a couple of days ago which had a long winded and fact based post of mine illustrating the above too.

Boxing has always experienced ups and downs in popularity throughout its history.
In the days of Dempsey, it reigned supreme.
As time went on and Football came into the mix, Boxing started dropping down in the eyes of the American public.
Muhammed Ali, Joe Frazier, Foreman revived it for the 60s and 70s.
Tyson carried it through for the 90s and early 00s.

Today, Boxing has reached a global crossroad. Despite the apparent lack of popularity in America, Boxing is currently thriving in Europe and Asia.

Now that I've givin you a bit of Boxing background, here is the answer to your question:

Boxing will not die just because Pacquiao/Mayweather gets made.

If there's one thing that boxing promoters are good at, its generating hype for the fighters in their stable.

Newcomers like Saul Alvarez, Amir Khan, etc, etc are getting slowly built up and developed so that they can encapture the public spotlight once Pac/May decline. The new blood will take the current fighter's place and then, all of a sudden, there will be a new "Pacquiao/Mayweather"esque fight on the horizon and the public will once again become enamored with boxing.

Boxing has always experienced ups and downs in popularity throughout its history.
In the days of Dempsey, it reigned supreme.
As time went on and Football came into the mix, Boxing started dropping down in the eyes of the American public.
Muhammed Ali, Joe Frazier, Foreman revived it for the 60s and 70s.
Tyson carried it through for the 90s and early 00s.

Today, Boxing has reached a global crossroad. Despite the apparent lack of popularity in America, Boxing is currently thriving in Europe and Asia.

Now that I've givin you a bit of Boxing background, here is the answer to your question:

Boxing will not die just because Pacquiao/Mayweather gets made.

If there's one thing that boxing promoters are good at, its generating hype for the fighters in their stable.

Newcomers like Saul Alvarez, Amir Khan, etc, etc are getting slowly built up and developed so that they can encapture the public spotlight once Pac/May decline. The new blood will take the current fighter's place and then, all of a sudden, there will be a new "Pacquiao/Mayweather"esque fight on the horizon and the public will once again become enamored with boxing.

That's exactly what I was looking for. I feel educated and better for having read that. Thank you for the response.

I got dubs for that? Seriously? I was only half serious(if that), but it was pretty tame. I swear some of you cats outta man up and stop acting like chicks.
This is a sad day. The boxing forum as devolved from Yale Law School to South Central Elementary Finger-painting, no standards around here.

Obviously, but still. Floyd is one hell of an idiot. It certainly shows what kind of person he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back