Mayweather vs Pacquiao 2 in december

I’m usually pretty cool with you, but what’s your take on the matter? We can google this stuff at this point.

Personally I don’t really care. It’ll be a fun little event but Manny is past it and Floyd’s retired for 2 years now.

I will not pay a ppv for this. 40 vs 41 year old....but I’ll watch in a bar... Floyd by dec again

Last edited:
I don’t think Manny needed to juice (or did) to beat Lucas. Both guys have a lot of miles on em and Pac has always been the better fighter.

Floyd’s taken far less damage in his life, so he’ll probably still have more to give. McGregor at least kept him kind of busy, but his inactivity could be an issue.

But when I think of advantages, they’re on Floyd’s side. Better ring IQ, less attrition in his career and Manny doesn’t have Freddie anymore to game plan on that level.
It's just suspicious that his first KO win comes 9 years later and the very first fight over that time where he doesn't have random drug testing involved.

I'm not sure the inactivity will be hurting Floyd, I feel the rush to get to this fight after being inactive will. Like if this was a 6 month lead up with normal contract negotiations then fine, but this is negotiations, training camp, media and fight in like 70 days, which is unusual for Floyd outside that McGregor fight. Floyd normally knows he's gonna fight May and September when he does, so he plans accordingly.

Fair play to Floyd. He knows what he can do at 40+ years old, pacman these days may seem easier than a GGG/Canelo Mw fight but it puts the question over him vs Pac-Man to bed if he goes 2-0. I see a closer fight but Floyd had his number.

Since floyd already beat Canelo, the bigger money fight would be a rematch with Canelo.

Since floyd already beat Canelo, the bigger money fight would be a rematch with Canelo.
Manny is way more beatable than canelo and Floyd is pretty smart and knows the zero at the end of his resume is worth way more than that.

He was flatfooted, ploding forward walking McGregor down. Just throwing power shots. He even said it himself, he's not the same fighter as before.

Perhaps you are forgetting Floyd was literally hanging at the stripclub the night BEFORE the fight. Since when has he done this before?
He also needed time to adjust to McGregor's abnormaly long arms and awkward stance.

Perhaps you are forgetting Floyd was literally hanging at the stripclub the night BEFORE the fight. Since when has he done this before?
He also needed time to adjust to McGregor's abnormaly long arms and awkward stance.
He wasnt just hanging at a stripclub. He was operating his business, Girl Collection. It's not like he's drinking and looking for lap dances.

As for that stance, Floyd always fights southpaws with a high guard. He just usually does it with more finesse.

Last edited:
He wasnt just hanging at a stripclub. He was operating his business, Girl Collection. It's not like he's drinking and looking for lap dances.
Yeah, he was probably just up late in the office 'round the back, balancing the books or something. Makes sense.

Or maybe making an appearance for it's grand opening?
You say that like he was obligated to attend, even though he will have been the one to set the date. I think it's definitely true that Mayweather didn't prepare for McGregor as seriously as he would against a real opponent, but it's also true that he looked shit in the fight and has gotten old.

you never know with floyds fights, but a source high up in manny's camp confirmed this is being worked out and it would be in vegas

Manny is way more beatable than canelo and Floyd is pretty smart and knows the zero at the end of his resume is worth way more than that.
Yes I and sure most fans would agree, Manny would be more beatable, but as a fan I would pay to see Floyd vs Canelo again to see if he could avenge his loss to Floyd and give him his first defeat.
Their fight was much more exciting to watch and not sure if we would get the same result.

So Floyd has backtracked and said he wants a tune up first? What kind of shit is that?

It's just suspicious that his first KO win comes 9 years later and the very first fight over that time where he doesn't have random drug testing involved.

I'm not sure the inactivity will be hurting Floyd, I feel the rush to get to this fight after being inactive will. Like if this was a 6 month lead up with normal contract negotiations then fine, but this is negotiations, training camp, media and fight in like 70 days, which is unusual for Floyd outside that McGregor fight. Floyd normally knows he's gonna fight May and September when he does, so he plans accordingly.
Meh, Matthysse was a corpse. He wouldn't have gone 12 with anyone who would pressure him at all.

Honestly, I thought Pac looked like shit in that fight, Matthysse just looked shittier.

One thing is for sure is that he is fighting again. he is training and Nate Jones is back. When you see Nate, you know it is camp time. However, any of you thinking he would fight someone like Canelo have lost your mind. He may want as much money as he can get, but his legacy is very important to him. He will take a few less million fighting Manny for what he assumes is a sure thing rather than a fight that will be much, much riskier. Plus, Canelo wont turn around that quick and floyd isnt waiting until may

Back