Mayweather vs McGregor

wow i forgot how awful chat shows are, how are they still around?!

how does everyone laugh at all the shit jokes but no one laughed when mayweather said justin bieber's more into church right now than walking him into the ring.. I thought that was genuinely funny

You think he's actually going to go after McGregor like he claims? It's a little disconcerting to hear.

8oz gloves have been approved.
DEC Bettors be like

200.webp

Veteran referee Robert Byrd will be in charge of the action in the ring, marking just the second time he’s handled a Mayweather fight before. Byrd’s first time reffing Floyd was his 2013 win over southpaw Robert Guerrero.

Your three judges at ringside will be Dave Moretti, Burt Clements, and Guido Cavalleri. Moretti and Clements were two of the judges who scored the Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao fight in 2015, with Moretti having Floyd winning 118-110, while Clements went a bit closer at 116-112. Cavalleri scored 115-112 for Mayweather over Marcos Maidana in their 2014 rematch, and otherwise has an extensive history judging fights outside the United States. I guess you can argue Cavalleri is the “international judge” McGregor’s team wanted.

NAC appoints judges and ref, approves 8oz gloves for Floyd/Conor

With the gloves I assume Mayweather just sees it as mutually beneficial but worth the trade off.

Yeah it'll work better for McGregor in terms of giving him a slightly better chance of landing a clean left, but it's still twice the size that he's used to fighting with.

Floyd's fought with 8oz gloves multiple times and will be confident in his stellar defence and ability to avoid the clean shot from McGregor regardless.

He's said about wanting the KO but I don't think this means he's going to charge in like an aggressive dumbo, just that he knows McGregor isn't on his level defensively so the smaller gloves will benefit Mayweather just as much in terms of countering McGregor with his faster/more accurate hands and he'll be more likely to land clean.

Obviously messes with the Floyd Dec prop a little but who knows, he may land that big counter early when Connor isn't tired and can eat it easily, break his hand due to smaller gloves and just settle for outclassing him instead.

King Mo, who has trained with the Maywedders, says it's better for Floyd as it'll give him better openings to dig to the body.

Boxing heads also think in-fighting + body shots are gonna be Floyd's downfall.

Rogan and Schaub's shocked reactions to the current betting line.

Obviously messes with the Floyd Dec prop a little but who knows, he may land that big counter early when Connor isn't tired and can eat it easily, break his hand due to smaller gloves and just settle for outclassing him instead.
Yeah...this is all making me queasy about my bets.

Anyone watch the Robin black breakdown? He was saying pretty much what I tried to say earlier in this thread.

I had to stop watching it when he started bringing up VR in 2042. And screaming that boxing isn't real. And then screaming that boxing commentators didn't understand boxing and they were just shouting words. The guy is a quack.

Brendan Schaub said he made a 4k bet on "Conor to win a round or more" @ 26/1. I call bullshit. Can anyone confirm that line ever happened? He said he made it in Vegas.

Brendan Schaub said he made a 4k bet on "Conor to win a round or more" @ 26/1. I call bullshit. Can anyone confirm that line ever happened? He said he made it in Vegas.

maybe he meant 2 rounds or more

well, since connor was never a +2600 to win the fight how in the world is he a +2600 to win only one round?

however, it couldve been the books error and unlike online establishments vegas is going to have to honor that bet. that is a valid contract and no judge would have the abililty to throw that out in a court of law

sick line. schaub could sell all of that off right now for probably +150 or even money and just middle or free roll

Back