Mayweather vs McGregor 2?????

ga_ninja

Whopper or Die
@purple
Reaction score
I have a theory they will fight again but not until 2019. Personally I think within 2 years Floyds going to fight him again to pay off the taxes owed from the 1st fight.

Flyod got 350 mil minimum from that fight. And his normal income is massive. He's been set for life for a good while. He just wanted an easy payday to rival the Pac fight and to break the Marciano record. The taxes were never an issue, he just didn't want to liquidize any of his assets.

There is no reason for him to want a rematch.

Don't be stupid.

I have a better chance than Conor

Flyod got 350 mil minimum from that fight. And his normal income is massive. He's been set for life for a good while. He just wanted an easy payday to rival the Pac fight and to break the Marciano record. The taxes were never an issue, he just didn't want to liquidize any of his assets.

There is no reason for him to want a rematch.
Another 350millions maybe...

Another 350millions maybe...
PPV buys would be ridiculously lower. It was a novelty fight. You only get that kind of result once. Same thing with Floyd vs Pac. There aren't any more fights that would yield that same reward for Floyd.

PPV buys would be ridiculously lower. It was a novelty fight. You only get that kind of result once. Same thing with Floyd vs Pac. There aren't any more fights that would yield that same reward for Floyd.
Of course it won't be as high, it'll still generate a shit load of cash especially if Conor won a couple of fights before then, he could easily make over 100million, not that I want to see this but it's a no brained for him, easy money if it's there.

They could try billing a 6 or 8 round fight.

This would let the uneducated think that McGregor could possibly beat Mayweather if there were less rounds and he wouldn’t run out of gas.

Of course it won't be as high, it'll still generate a shit load of cash especially if Conor won a couple of fights before then, he could easily make over 100million, not that I want to see this but it's a no brained for him, easy money if it's there.
It's very circumstantial. I honestly don't see there being any fight worth him getting out of retirement for. Hell it took over 350 mil, breaking the Marciano record, and a chance to break the PPV record to get him off his ass this time.

I personally can't see it happening.

Connie McNutter fans have the memory of a goldfish. Floyd doesn't have to wait until 2019, because McNutter fans have already forgotten how the first fight went and if a second fight is announced we'll be hearing them chanting "Head clean off. Head clean off" like some fucked up cult zombies.

Then after the fight we'll hear the same excuses ad nauseum "Conor won 3 rounds. He would've won the fight if he didn't gas."

Back