Mayweather vs Cotto, Alvarez vs Mosley 5/5 PPV

Brutal

1.gif

Pretty surprised Cotto never hit the floor. Guys ate some nice combos.

Pretty surprised Cotto never hit the floor. Guys ate some nice combos.

No doubt he came to fight.
That uppercut found its mark more times than it missed, I think.

In real time all of that happened in a split second ... yet I remember that exact moment during the fight.
Look at the ref, he barely took one step before the entire combo finished.

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice at the start of the 6th round (about 15 secs in), Cotto leaped in with a left hook that landed and it looked like Mayweather wobbled for a second.

When it lands, you can see Hopkins in the background say "Oh! he's hurt!". Cotto didn't realize it though and bounced away.

Did anyone else notice at the start of the 6th round (about 15 secs in), Cotto leaped in with a left hook that landed and it looked like Mayweather wobbled for a second.

When it lands, you can see Hopkins in the background say "Oh! he's hurt!". Cotto didn't realize it though and bounced away.

I found a link to that moment, the quality isn't great but you can hear it land. You can't make out Hopkins in the background though.

2:45 of Round 6

One thing that I haven't heard too much about is Pedro Diaz. Not to take anything away from Cotto himself, but I think his new trainer deserves a lot of credit for the showing that Cotto put on Saturday night. These two seem to go well together and I hope it stays that way for Cotto's next fight.

I agree. I said this in the 24/7 thread. I thought his training methods were great and he seems like a great disciplinarian. Both of which Cotto needs, especially vs someone like Money.

I agree. I said this in the 24/7 thread. I thought his training methods were great and he seems like a great disciplinarian. Both of which Cotto needs, especially vs someone like Money.

I'm not completely sold. The only other fighter I know he works with seems to be lacking discipline more than anything else (Solis).

USADA posts test statistics on a quarterly basis, by sport and by athlete, as soon as possible following the completion of each calendar quarter.

In response to a high volume of interest in the testing statistics for the professional boxing event held on May 5, 2012 between Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and Miguel Cotto, the following is a summary of program information:

Both Mayweather and Cotto were tested a total of thirteen times each by USADA between March 7, 2012 and May 5, 2012, with eleven of the sample collections occurring with no advance notice leading up to the fight, and the final two sample collections occurring after the fight. For each athlete, USADA collected nine urine samples, and four blood samples. All samples collected by USADA were tested by a WADA-accredited lab in accordance with the WADA List of Prohibited Classes of Substances and Methods. All athletes tested by USADA are held to the standard of strict liability and are responsible for any prohibited substances that could be found in their body.

All urine samples were analyzed for EPO and by CIR, and all blood samples were tested for the presence of HGH. Collections were conducted using a balanced test distribution schedule, and with no allowances for black-out or cut-off dates.

Athlete Collection DateType of Sample Determination

Cotto, Miguel March 7, 2012 Blood and Urine- Negative

Cotto, Miguel March 12, 2012 Urine- Negative

Cotto, Miguel March 21, 2012 Blood and Urine- Negative

Cotto, Miguel March 22, 2012 Urine- Negative

Cotto, Miguel April 3, 2012 Urine- Negative

Cotto, Miguel April 16, 2012 Blood and Urine- Negative

Cotto, Miguel April 25, 2012 Urine- Negative

Cotto, Miguel May 2, 2012 Urine- Negative

Cotto, Miguel May 5, 2012 Blood and Urine- Negative

Mayweather, Floyd March 7, 2012 Urine- Negative

Mayweather, Floyd March 14, 2012 Blood and Urine- Negative

Mayweather, Floyd March 19, 2012 Urine- Negative

Mayweather, Floyd March 29, 2012 Blood and Urine- Negative

Mayweather, Floyd April 10, 2012 Urine- Negative

Mayweather, Floyd April 19, 2012 Blood and Urine- Negative

Mayweather, Floyd April 25, 2012 Urine- Negative

Mayweather, Floyd May 2, 2012 Urine- Negative

Mayweather, Floyd *May 5, 2012 Blood and Urine- Negative

*sample collection was initiated post fight on May 5, 2012 and completed after midnight.

Mayweather vs. Cotto - USADA Tests

Back