Mayweather vs Canelo and Mathysse vs Garcia fight night thread

Wasn't Showtime supposed to release the fights yesterday the 21st?

After rewatching Canelo had his moments more then I remember but pretty much every time he got off Floyd answered with better shots winning the rounds. Easy win for Mayweather. Don't think lose will hurt Canelo. He won't ever see that kinda defense in future fights.

Video of the massive left hook that swelled up Matthysse's eye.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=721555481194178&set=vb.100000191995557&type=2&theater

Man what shit luck. Matthysse was taking over the fight in the 5th and 6th rd. Swelling completely changed that fight, and let Garcia kind of take over in the 7th, 8th, and 9th. Matthysse had a big tenth, and was winning the 11th, until again, to Matthysse's misfortune, the ref didn't stop action for 1) pulling his head down, and 2) being stuck between the ropes from #1.

We need a rematch late next year.

Lovci, you're gonna get labeled a but hurt Matthyse fan. Just warning ya.

But a rematch with a more attentive ref would be great.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=721555481194178&set=vb.100000191995557&type=2&theater

Man what shit luck. Matthysse was taking over the fight in the 5th and 6th rd. Swelling completely changed that fight, and let Garcia kind of take over in the 7th, 8th, and 9th. Matthysse had a big tenth, and was winning the 11th, until again, to Matthysse's misfortune, the ref didn't stop action for 1) pulling his head down, and 2) being stuck between the ropes from #1.

wtf, lol that's crazy.

Lovci, you're gonna get labeled a but hurt Matthyse fan. Just warning ya.

But a rematch with a more attentive ref would be great.

I don't care. If facts and proff get people upset enough to label me something, then that's fine. He's my favorite fighter, and never makes excuses. Someone's gotta do it for him. :icon_lol:

Poor guy. He was winning the fight aside from those clean punches Garcia landed on his face repeatedly. It wasn't fair that Garcia broke Mathysse's face. When Garcia saw that eye, he should havbe taken a knee and let the ref count him out. That was really the honorable thing to do.

I don't see the need for a rematch since aside from the eye, we know Mathysse won that fight. Garcia can't beat him without breaking his face.

Poor guy. He was winning the fight aside from those clean punches Garcia landed on his face repeatedly. It wasn't fair that Garcia broke Mathysse's face. When Garcia saw that eye, he should havbe taken a knee and let the ref count him out. That was really the honorable thing to do.

I don't see the need for a rematch since aside from the eye, we know Mathysse won that fight. Garcia can't beat him without breaking his face.

Get lost. I showed you what started the swelling. If you want to come in and be a dickhead then fine, but you make shit up that you thought you saw far too often. A freak accident started the swelling, and Garcia wasn't repeatedly landing shit until the eye swelled.

Id ask you if you thought the fine swung after the eye swelled, but you would never give a straight answer, so kindly fuck off.

Get lost. I showed you what started the swelling. If you want to come in and be a dickhead then fine, but you make shit up that you thought you saw far too often. A freak accident started the swelling, and Garcia wasn't repeatedly landing shit until the eye swelled.

Id ask you if you thought the fine swung after the eye swelled, but you would never give a straight answer, so kindly fuck off.

You get lost crybaby. Mathysse didn't make excuses like you are. The guys eye didn't swell up because someone in the audience put a voodoo hex on it. It swelled up because his defense was weak and he got hit over and over by a better fighter.

Mathysse got schooled there. A rematch wouldn't be different. He never hurt Garcia BEFORE the eye swelled and really wasn't even winning any rounds clearly. At best, there were some close rounds before Garcia started finding the openings. In fact,, Mathysse PROBABLY had his best round in the 11th before he got dropped, so I don't agree with your assessment at all.

Seano's right in that it can't be used as an excuse, the eye swelled up because he got punched a lot. Simple as that. However, it is still an interesting point because in a rematch, even if he did get hit the same amount, it probably wouldn't swell up like that again. That's why I'm interested in a rematch. I think that would have been a VERY close and competitive fight minus the swollen eye, which makes the rematch a very appetizing prospect.

You get lost crybaby. Mathysse didn't make excuses like you are. The guys eye didn't swell up because someone in the audience put a voodoo hex on it. It swelled up because his defense was weak and he got hit over and over by a better fighter.

Mathysse got schooled there. A rematch wouldn't be different. He never hurt Garcia BEFORE the eye swelled and really wasn't even winning any rounds clearly. At best, there were some close rounds before Garcia started finding the openings. In fact,, Mathysse PROBABLY had his best round in the 11th before he got dropped, so I don't agree with your assessment at all.

The video shows where the swelling started, and it was instant, on a fluke punch. That is fact.

I have yet to see any assessment that matches yours, anywhere. But that's the usual with you. Who knows what your watching sometimes.

Back