Mayweather shuts down the "Conor landed more punches than Pacquiao & Cotto" argument | Page 6

Discussion in 'Conor McGregor vs Mayweather Discussion' started by Frank Johnson, Sep 10, 2017.

1. -Magua- Blue Belt

-Magua-
    Basically what Paulie said after the fight, he said he's not getting full piwer on his punches because he doesn't know how to punch through the target, by transferring his weight through the punch, Shane Mosley said the basically same thing as well.

I do think he's got above average power maybe in professional boxing standards, perhaps... But it wasnt enough to hurt Floyd or remotely give him caution.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    buddahead likes this.
  2. Underdog bjj jp Brown Belt

Underdog bjj jp
    Conor called him out , got his ass whooped let's move on.

FlowchartRog likes this.
  3. Underdog bjj jp Brown Belt

Underdog bjj jp
    nobody take this pathetic conor fanboy serious , he's still butthurt . You though you were smart about picking conor but guess what ? You're wrong and dumb af get out my forums

Rapid Counter likes this.
  4. Furious77 Tell dat bitch to be cool.

Furious77
    How was that salty? Lol

blewgums likes this.
  5. Furious77 Tell dat bitch to be cool.

Furious77
    Because Floyd hardly threw any punches, he had his hands down and walked forward. When he wasn't doing that he had his hands down and willingly backed himself into the corner with a smile on his face. This was a sparring match for Floyd and not even a competitive one.

Massapiece and buddahead like this.
  6. n.diazismylife1999 Black Belt

n.diazismylife1999
    Fun fact: Conor landed more punches in round 1 than Cotto (for example, also more than Canelo etc) did.

What's the excuse for that? Let me guess, is it because.... Floyd wasn't walking Conor down? And then later Conor landed more than Cotto because Floyd was walking him down?

7. rubberneck41 Alizée Belt

rubberneck41
    You didn't have to admit you're a troll. That is something everyone already knew.

As to your question Pugilistic dementia? It's interesting when Conor fans want to disregard the actually judges scores for imaginary score cards like it proves something. If that's the case then Conor Nate 2 should have been a draw. But it wasn't because that's not how the judges scored it. You can't have it both ways.

8. RandomUser12 Purple Belt

RandomUser12

Yes, it doesn't paint a particularly flattering picture of Conor that Mayweather fought him the way that he did. Rightly or wrongly, Mayweather is generally perceived by most casuals as a cowardly runner who avoids fighting at all costs and who can't punch his way out of a paper bag. Most people expected Mayweather to fight in his usual cautious, ultra defensive manner even against a novice like Conor.

In all honesty, this was the worst way to lose for Conor from a purely psychological standpoint. He got beaten up, physically manhandled by a significantly older, lighter and perceived weaker man (Conor himself perpetuated this narrative in the build up) and had to rely on the mercy of a referee stoppage to stop a man with notoriously brittle hands, who hadn't scored a legitimate stoppage in a decade, from knocking his already concussed self into a state of unconsciousness.

Massapiece and buddahead like this.
  9. Cooliox Gold Belt

Cooliox
    The Conor fight was actually the least 'entertaining' boxing from Floyd in a long time. it was a sparring session with handicaps. dude didn't train hard, didn't fight seriously, he came into the ring to clown around with a noob for a gigantic payday.

No shoulder roll, no evasive footwork, no legendary head movement, no one-in-a-generation counter boxing. Nah, we got a Mayweather who goofed in the cage.

The defensive masterclass is what I want to see from a Floyd Mayweather fight- his ability to make world champions look like amateurs by missing everything they throw at him... that's truly something spectacular.

If I want to watch 2 idiots walk in a straight line and punch themselves out, I'll watch local junior amateurs fight live on free tv, or head down to some local arena to watch for 5-10 bucks.

"He had to fight for once"
    Absolutely outrageous comment. He did no such thing. He disregarded everything that made him this generation's GOAT, and toyed around in the ring.

You entertainment fans want to see mindless brawls and bloody KOs... but most importantly - you need a storyline, you need trash talk, you want to watch preflight talks to get excited.

Like hey, that's fine. You're entitled to enjoy as you please. But please don't long on to a a combat sports forum and try to pass your casual bullshit as fact.

Peace

FlowchartRog and b-hop like this.
  10. Shinobi Yellow Card

Shinobi
    Floyd is 40 yo, 2 years inactive and barely trained. Cotto fought a much better Floyd. The Floyd Cotto Floyd would have destroyed Conor under 4 rounds.

You're such a fucking retard. You're really desperate to find some sort of moral victory to this.

Cotto hurt Floyd more than Conor. That's really what that matters. Floyd was never too concerned with Conor's offense because Conor couldn't hurt him one bit. Cotto, on the other hand, has real man's power.

FlowchartRog likes this.
  11. KootenayKid Brown Belt

KootenayKid
    Oh I get it, you're just a cucked shitty fan.

12. Rea_ctor Purple Belt

Rea_ctor
    Glad to get that off your chest?

13. AndrewGolota48 Silver Belt

AndrewGolota48
    Yeah what a joke, in reality Floyd the coward was too scared to get aggressive until Conor gassed horribly.

BeyondPostal likes this.
  14. Cooliox Gold Belt

Cooliox
    You mean am I glad to waste my time pointing out obvious things to a noob? No, but I'll do it anyways since you guys deserve a chance to understand, whether you take it or not.

Lets leave it at that

FlowchartRog likes this.
  15. Rea_ctor Purple Belt

Rea_ctor
    A noob simply because I put across a different angle defending a fighter, I don't dislike Mayweather's defensive style one bit it's an art, and maybe it was a bit ignorant to say he hasn't had an entertaining fight, it's intriguing as to whether a fighter can break the code or not, but it isn't sit on the edge of your seat stuff is what I meant.

16. blewgums Vintage Buick Racing Bastard

blewgums
    Travelling, I work at many different ports
    I don't like Conor. He just did a good job against Floyd, little lady.

17. blewgums Vintage Buick Racing Bastard

blewgums
    Yes, I can blame him. And I do.

Yep. And Conor deserves credit for it. He played another man's sport.

18. blewgums Vintage Buick Racing Bastard

blewgums
    Oh, but you care a lot, don't you little missy?

All tucked into your bed at night, touching yourself and thinking about those shirtless boys!

What a thrill it must give you, Sally!

19. blewgums Vintage Buick Racing Bastard

blewgums
    Oh, but it does! It would be ever so delightful if they would fight in the cage! Make it happen, make it happen!

20. blewgums Vintage Buick Racing Bastard

blewgums
    Sounds like you're having a little man crush on Floydee Poo!