Mayweather should fight Canelo again instead of McGregor

I think you are forgetting Oscar has the blueprint to best Floyd he just held off on Canelo for the mega rematch

t1larg.delahoya.jpg

some people have no logic

dlh takes a prime floyd to a very close decision after being schooled by 160 felix sturm and now mayweather somehow, someway, beats mw gennady golovkin?

Floyd still beats Canelo IMO. Good matchup for him. He doesn't beat GGG.

The McGregor fight is the best call for Floyd though. He gets 50-0, makes a ridiculous amount of money, and won't have to train a day but still looks untouchable.

why the shit should a 40 year old boxer who has beat 50 men have to fight a bigger fighter in his prime who also happens to be the top ranked fighter? what next, he should come back against Joshua when he turns 50? Let him take his easy money fight, he never said he was interested in boxing for a career again.

some people have no logic

dlh takes a prime floyd to a very close decision after being schooled by 160 felix sturm and now mayweather somehow, someway, beats mw gennady golovkin?

Saying Sturm schooled de la Hoya is a massive overstatement (and Oscar/Floyd wasn't very close), but yeah, Oscar looked like shit in the second half of that fight. Still, I'm not sure you should be throwing around the word logic so much if you think Sturm/de la Hoya is particularly relevant when trying to break down Mayweather/Golovkin, yet alone a reason to completely dismiss the matchup as having an obvious winner.

No, conor should fight tony ferguson and mayweather should just fuck off and stay retired already.

Saying Sturm schooled de la Hoya is a massive overstatement (and Oscar/Floyd wasn't very close), but yeah, Oscar looked like shit in the second half of that fight. Still, I'm not sure you should be throwing around the word logic so much if you think Sturm/de la Hoya is particularly relevant when trying to break down Mayweather/Golovkin, yet alone a reason to completely dismiss the matchup as having an obvious winner.

i dont debate mayweather hypothetical fights as the people that defend floyd tend to be delusional and go as far as ruining boxing forums

i will say that post 140 mayweather resume is flawed with his only great win being 154 dlh

draining a 23-year-old canelo in a unification title fight, whose only win to that point was a close decision to austin trout, is pathetic for someone who refers to himself as the best ever

i dont debate mayweather hypothetical fights as the people that defend floyd tend to be delusional and go as far as ruining boxing forums

i will say that post 140 mayweather resume is flawed with his only great win being 154 dlh

draining a 23-year-old canelo in a unification title fight, whose only win to that point was a close decision to austin trout, is pathetic for someone who refers to himself as the best ever

Well, if you don't want to debate it, not bringing it up at all instead of bitching about everyone but yourself being biased might be the best way forward. I don't think I'd really call de la Hoya a genuinely great win. Solid win, yeah, but at Oscar's age and at JMW, I'm not sure if Oscar qualifies as a great win. Maybe Pacquiao, even if he was old, could be called a borderline great win, simply because they were similar aged men, similarly sized, and both were at least top 3-4 p4p at the time of the fight, as well as the clear top two WWs. If that doesn't count as a great win, we're putting the "great" benchmark pretty high.

As for Canelo, he was a genuine lineal champion (if you don't agree with Trout/Canelo starting a new JMW lineage, then Mayweather/Canelo certainly would have) when Mayweather beat him. I don't really think that a 23 year old Canelo was a genuinely great fighter. He was really good and certainly elite at the time, but I'm not even sure if a 26 year old Canelo is a great fighter, either, to be honest. We'll likely see if he is this fall. Still, easily beating a lineal JMW champion when you were first lineal at SFW is a pretty significant achievement. Perhaps even a great one. I'd argue attaching the adjective "pathetic" to that kind of achievement is downright bizarre.

Back