Mayweather should fight Canelo again instead of McGregor

potemkin723

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A McGregor is just an easy money punching bag fight, you don't need to be a boxing expert to predict the outcome of this fight.

Now the question is, can Mayweather beat Canelo again?

yes, he can.

canelo has improved, but floyd would likely still take him to school.

Bad style matchup for Canelo but maybe with Father Time he gets the job done

More interesting in Canelo vs GGG. That's The Fight !

Yes, I would like that very much. Canelo vs Mayweather II.

...but AFTER September 16th :)

I think he meant fighting Canelo afterwards if he beats GGG
Oh... if that's the case, the answer would is still be no.
Even when I think that Floyd would probably beat him again (this time for an small margin), that fight based on Canelo's size and Floyd's lack of inactivity sounds kinda unfair and unnecessary.

He's retired, the only reason we're talking about Conor is $$$$$$$.

Canelo rematch is meh money for Floyd.

No forget that. Mayweather vs. GGG at 154, after GGG beats the prime out of Canelo and TKO's him in 8 rounds.

No forget that. Mayweather vs. GGG at 154, after GGG beats the prime out of Canelo and TKO's him in 8 rounds.
i think a prime mayweather would've beaten GGG at 154 like he's beaten everyone else... but as it is, he better stay the fuck away from gennady if he values his health.

a vastly superior boxer, but golovkin is a murderous puncher at middleweight.

If we had Floyd circa 2013, I'd still favour him to beat the current version of Canelo. Floyd circa 2018 against a bigger and improved Canelo (perhaps not massively improved, but still a better version)? I think Floyd might get stopped.

2006 - 2013 Floyd schools both 2017 GGG and Canelo. 2017-2018 Floyd has problems with both.

This is a stupid suggestion. I don't think Mayweather should come back to fight anyone, much less an elite fighter in his prime.

People wont stop talking about Floyd fighting some current guy for the next 5 years or so.

I don't think he would school GGG. Golovkin has many physical advantages compare to Mayweather and is one of the best pressure fighters.
One of the main reasons Canelo lost was because he didn't have an advantageous boxing style for that match.

Back