Mayweather says his uncle Roger has brain damage

I always just assumed he did. Even in the Hatton-Mayweather 24/7 specials, you could just tell dude was having trouble just putting sentences together and getting words out.

Hope for all the best for them, I may not love the Mayweathers but I wouldn't wish brain damage on anyone.

You think so? All the Mayweathers (except Jeff) seem pretty well known with MMA fans

That's a shame. Jeff is the coolest one. Has great interviews on their YouTube channel. He's hilarious.

Possiblly but no one can tell. So far we can't diagnose it in living people even if they just did a study finding a way how it may be possible. But CTE alone is rarely the reason it may be in some cases but not in all. Some people who have CTE have no symptoms at least for a very long time and some people who have obvious brain damage are still not violent. Each case is different and often it's both the person + the illness.

It wouldn't be super shocking if Mike Tyson ahd CTE but he has also been beating people up since he was 10 or so long before he started boxing and he has had other mental issues as well since his early amateur days. It's easy to take CTe as the explanation for everything involving contact sports but it's probably wrong the media has been very sensationlistic and one sided on that matter and even experts have a hard time exactly explaining it.

Floyd lives a much cleaner live than his dad and his uncle and has better defence and skills but from his family Jeff seems to be the only one who seems to have no symptoms years after retiring. And hes the youngest of the bunch so who knows if he is completely fine in 10 years.

really good post. spot on bud.

People give Floyd shit for his style but he was smart, he took relatively minimal head trauma in his pro career due to his defensive style. Most boxers after 50 fights are slurring their words and broken down.

Roger was a really good fighter in his day. But yeah he has cte no doubt

At least his style protected him a bit more than sluggers. If he went and there and threw every fight, he'd probably be a lot worse off, though we don't know how bad Floyd's brain is. He's a boxer, so he ain't getting away scott free.

Silly people. Roger doesn't have brain damage. The ref stopped the fight too early and he's only wandering around because he ran out of gas and is trying to find some.

Oh, i thought i read "mayweather says his son conor has brain damage"

I've met Roger and he needed to be helped to the ring (he was just making a short speech)

People give Floyd shit for his style but he was smart, he took relatively minimal head trauma in his pro career due to his defensive style. Most boxers after 50 fights are slurring their words and broken down.

A life time of sparring and fighting is a LOT of head trauma no matter how great you are.

Stay away from competing in striking, folks.

Mayweather knows brain damage when he sees it. When he says Conor has brain damage, you'd be a fool to deny it.

I think Senior has it too. It's pretty obvious.
Yea but senior is still communicative and works as a trainer. Roger was also a trainer and a good one at that and now he is getting lost, that is just sad!

99% of sherdoggers do not even know who roger is... but will still comment.
Come on now. Roger is very known himself and a former champ. Not to mention the fall out between Floyds, Roger was Juniors head coach in that period.

Yea but senior is still communicative and works as a trainer. Roger was also a trainer and a good one at that and now he is getting lost, that is just sad!
roger can no longer function as a trainer. to get exercise he still holds pads a little, but he cant hold them for anyone going all out. furthermore his vision is going quickly. he will probably be totally blind in the next year. senior has a hard time communicating but still actually has a sharp mind. his words just fail him. he is completely aware of it to and knows that he has some brain trauma

Floyd can't catch a break, first his baby mama passed and now his uncle in less than a week

Saw this thread not knowing why it was bumped and then decided to google Roger to see how he was doing, then I found out what happened. Sad news but hopefully he’s at peace now.

Anybody know why proboxinginsidr got banned? He gave good info and he runs the Mayweather YouTube channel.

Back