Mayweather/Pacquiao PPV Discussion/PBP

my goodness this interview is hilarious.

he's hyping up the rematch in typical Floyd fashion.

Pac made 25 million?

so May apparently sucks at math. cmon Floyd! you are disrespecting the sport! (sarcasm)

I think he was talking about Roach making 25 mil.

Let's get one fact straight from the outset. Neither fighter had so much as a scratch on their face after this fight was over. It was that lackluster in the action department.

The fight turned unto was a jab fest and cover up or tie up Mayweather. He never had any intention of opening up against Manny because he knew that would put him in danger. When Manny got close he tied up Manny in a head lock. When Manny was on the outside he threw a jab or a hook and ran away. Manny for his part was not nearly active enough due to a shoulder injury. The fight was very technical and conservative for both fighters. Floyd being the better boxer won on points.

To say this was a beat down or dominant performance for Mayweather is a pipe dream. Many of the rounds were close due to inactivity from both fighters. I would have been happier if Manny got knocked out in 5 rounds or vice versa. There was simply very few meaningful punches landed in this fight...

I regret spending the $100. I was left with a feeling that both fighters showed up to collect a paycheck not to entertain the fans. I will not be paying for another Mayweather fight. He is brilliant in the ring but his style is too conservative to warrant the $100 price tag. If I want to watch a track meet I can tune into the olympics. Nuff said.
Well , after reading all of this, I feel like there is no option other than for boxing to declare Pac the winner of the fight. Pac is the best boxing man in history! Imagine if he had two arms!

Floyd didn't punch Pac one time over the course of 12 rounds. All he did was wrestle while Pac tried to fight! Most of the rounds were easily 10-6 rounds for Pac.

Well , after reading all of this, I feel like there is no option other than for boxing to declare Pac the winner of the fight. Pac is the best boxing man in history! Imagine if he had two arms!

Floyd didn't punch Pac one time over the course of 12 rounds. All he did was wrestle while Pac tried to fight! Most of the rounds were easily 10-6 rounds for Pac.

Lol Stop it. Mayweather won. Nobody denies that. However, for $100 bucks I expected more action from the card. Maybe having something like Canelo vs Kirkland on the under card and the main card being more dramatic with some knock downs would have been awesome too. A good example would be like the Pacman vs Marquez series. Now that's what fans want to see when they shell out their hard earned money. Again, this is just my opinion.

Lol Stop it. Mayweather won. Nobody denies that. However, for $100 bucks I expected more action from the card. Maybe having something like Canelo vs Kirkland on the under card and the main card being more dramatic with some knock downs would have been awesome too. A good example would be like the Pacman vs Marquez series. Now that's what fans want to see when they shell out their hard earned money. Again, this is just my opinion.

I'll be honest. I didn't by it for the action. I bought it for the experience to see the once in a lifetime fight.

I'll be honest. I didn't by it for the action. I bought it for the experience to see the once in a lifetime fight.

Me too. I expected a fairly low action fight from the beginning. It was the two best fighters of this era around 147 pounds proving who was superior. I never expected Gatti/Ward.

That score card is shiT. No way that fight was that close. That 2nd round Pac landed one significant punch. FLoyd was landing right hands n left hooks. 2nd round easy for floyd

Laughed about this when I saw the replay again this morning and noticed Harold Lederman scored round 2 for Manny also.:icon_chee

1. canelo said he doesn't want to fight on the undercard of a floyd fight again.

2. goldenboy is suing haymon.

1. canelo said he doesn't want to fight on the undercard of a floyd fight again.

2. goldenboy is suing haymon.

Lol So much bad blood in boxing. It's a miracle any of the top fighters ever share a ring, especially with all these warring promotion companies.

It's sad. After watching the epilogue and manny brings up the excuse At the conference. Freddie roach then starts saying his shoulder hurt manny worse as the fight went on. Wtf through no audio do you hear anything about a shoulder injury or them talking about it In between rounds. Nor did you hear about after the fight When he thought he won. They needed a few moments to get their excuse together.

Disgrace to the sport. These guys have been a sham now for years. Making up excuses for the negotiation and now This.

instead of giving floyd props they tried to take the respect he deserved away. You can see floyd ginuinely upset when he first learns of this.

Manny "the excuses" pacquiao

You have seriously gone off the deep end after last Saturday...I thought you would give the fighter bashing bullshit a rest after mayweathers clear victory. It has only gotten worse.

You have seriously gone off the deep end after last Saturday...I thought you would give the fighter bashing bullshit a rest after mayweathers clear victory. It has only gotten worse.

It may seem like that but the idiotic Pactards calling for floyd to fight a healthy pac is rediculous. Freddie roach lied at the conference. They have acted classless through this whole ordeal. pac is not this holier than tho person. He has tainted this fight and it's sickening.

You think after all these years we can have some sort honest conclusion. Not with Manny n roach.

It's not fighter bashing If it's the truth. These are men who are making a mockery of this fight. Every day there are idiots that claim fLoyd knew about the injury floyd is ruining scared of a healthy pac. floyd didn't win blah blah.

Last edited:

It's funny tho that you acknowledge the post but have no counter argument to roach blatantly lying

It may seem like that but the idiotic Pactards calling for floyd to fight a healthy pac is rediculous. Freddie roach lied at the conference. They have acted classless through this whole ordeal. pac is not this holier than tho person. He has tainted this fight and it's sickening.

You think after all these years we can have some sort honest conclusion. Not with Manny n roach

I'm on record as saying that Mayweather would have beaten any version of Pacquiao. I was definitely rooting for Pacquiao but the evidence as to who was the better fighter after May 2nd was clear; at least to me.

I don't think the fighter bashing is necessary. Almost everyone loses if they stay in the game too long. It's going to be okay. Life goes on.

Last edited:
Laughed about this when I saw the replay again this morning and noticed Harold Lederman scored round 2 for Manny also.:icon_chee

Ya he's an idiot. No shocker there. As soon as he posted that I think paulie was like I have a 3 rounds to floyd

I'm on record as saying that Mayweather would have beaten any version on Pacquiao. I was definition rooting for Pacquiao but the evidence as to who was the better fighter after May 2nd was clear; at least to me.

I don't think the fighter bashing is necessary. Almost everyone loses if they stay in the game too long. It's going to be okay. Life goes on.

I wouldn't call it bashing. I'm calong it like it is. Roach and his team are lying

Me too. I expected a fairly low action fight from the beginning. It was the two best fighters of this era around 147 pounds proving who was superior. I never expected Gatti/Ward.

Agreed.

You think after all these years we can have some sort honest conclusion. Not with Manny n roach.

It's not fighter bashing If it's the truth. These are men who are making a mockery of this fight. Every day there are idiots that claim fLoyd knew about the injury floyd is ruining scared of a healthy pac. floyd didn't win blah blah.

I have to agree with you.

Pac is the one that lied about his injury , he is the one that could get suspended, the one people want to sue for lying to PPV buyers and people betting on the fight. He said the comision sabotaged him for not letting him inject stuff prior to the fight (when he was afraid of neddles before lol ), he is the one that gave no credit to Floyd ost fight saying shit that he tought he won the fight and Floyd could do nothing to him.

Yet Pactards act like Floyd is the bad guy here and the one that only cares about the money????????????

Personally I have a very low opinon of Pac now and I dont think he is above exagerating his injury to get another fat paycheck .

Last edited:

They are making it a mockery while they already made millions from it. Funny how Pactards act like Manny fights just for his pride $$$$$$$$$$$$.

And before peple say its fighter bashing no its not, the way Pacman's camp has acted after the fight IS WHAT BASHES BOXING, casuals that dont even know how a fights gets scored are repeating these things like gospel, trashing the sport, talking about corrupt judges/fixing, all from a fight that was very clearly one sided.

Last edited:
I have to agree with you.

Pac is the one that lied about his injury , he is the one that could get suspended, the one people want to sue for lying to PPV buyers and people betting on the fight. He said the comision sabotaged him for not letting him inject stuff prior to the fight (when he was afraid of neddles before lol ), he is the one that gave no credit to Floyd ost fight saying shit that he tought he won the fight and Floyd could do nothing to him.

Yet Pactards act like Floyd is the bad guy here and the one that only cares about the money????????????

Personally I have a very low opinon of Pac now and I dont think he is above exagerating his injury to get another fat paycheck .
I don't think Pac ever said he was afraid of needles. It was the blood being drawn that he didn't want.

I don't think Pac ever said he was afraid of needles. It was the blood being drawn that he didn't want.

I know, that was sarcastic

Had they injected him, he would probably be complaining abot the commision giving him a dose too strong, numbing his arm to favor Floyd.

great laughs this morning reading pages and pages of Floyd fans still trying to defend their fighter WHO WON.

you would think it would be full of "pactards" but it has been quite the opposite.

floyd fans are so insecure. :icon_lol:

Back