Mayweather/Pacquiao PPV Discussion/PBP

It wasnt close.

Nah, you pac hardcores can say what you want. It'd be generous to give Pac 3 rounds. That fight wasn't close at all. I thought there was 1 round that Pac won clearly, without debate and like 2 more that were close.

I didn't say it was close. You can ditch the super defensive Mayweather fan gig. Plenty of people are giving Floyd his due props. Relax. But this was no clowning like you're saying it was. It was a good fight.

Nah, you pac hardcores can say what you want. It'd be generous to give Pac 3 rounds. That fight wasn't close at all. I thought there was 1 round that Pac won clearly, without debate and like 2 more that were close.

Relax, slim didn't say the fight was close...

Literally every PAC fan regular on this forum said it was clear win for mayweather.
I had it 8-4 personally. But knew it could had easily been 9-3.

I didn't say it was close. You can ditch the super defensive Mayweather fan gig. Plenty of people are giving Floyd his due props. Relax. But this was no clowning like you're saying it was. It was a good fight.

OK,It was one sided then.

When has Pac ever been reduced to what he looked like last week? Never. Floyd took everything away from Pac. Threw more, landed more. It was a masterful performance and a dominant one. Pac never got going one time in that fight.

Relax, slim didn't say the fight was close...

Literally every PAC fan regular on this forum said it was clear win for mayweather.
I had it 8-4 personally. But knew it could had easily been 9-3.
I don't agree that it was especially competitive either.

I do think that fight qualified as a clowning.

I don't agree that it was especially competitive either.

I do think that fight qualified as a clowning.

Rounds 7-12 was textbook mayweather mastery ... (Round 10 being exception)
Those rounds were very one sided.

Clear win for mayweather,...wouldn't go as far as call it a clowning though.

I consider a shut out against Marquez a clowning...

Or mayweather against Guerrero.

OK,It was one sided then.

When has Pac ever been reduced to what he looked like last week? Never. Floyd took everything away from Pac. Threw more, landed more. It was a masterful performance and a dominant one. Pac never got going one time in that fight.

Pac had his moments. He managed to hurt Floyd and kept working every round. The fight was competitive throughout. You're a fan of Floyd more than you are of the sport so I don't expect you to understand that. Nobody is saying Floyd lost. Jesus.

I dont give a fuck about either of them but it was fairly lopsided.

I think it was pretty similar to the Marquez fight actually.

Showtime interview from today

And love the end of the vid. "Good Job Al Haymon"

I dont give a fuck about either of them but it was fairly lopsided.

I just rewatched it pretty carefully and I don't think it was THAT lopsided. I don't tend to Ooooh and Aaaaah at everything Floyd throws like most people. I'm scoring round by round and looking for who's landing the more telling shots. Both guys' defense was on display in this fight. A lot of Floyd's shots that the crowd reacted to were blocked. I think it's a shame people label this a boring fight. It's actually a really good one.

I just rewatched it pretty carefully and I don't think it was THAT lopsided. I don't tend to Ooooh and Aaaaah at everything Floyd throws like most people. I'm scoring round by round and looking for who's landing the more telling shots. Both guys' defense was on display in this fight. A lot of Floyd's shots that the crowd reacted to were blocked. I think it's a shame people label this a boring fight. It's actually a really good one.

Manny was being made to miss badly. He had his moments for sure but overall his accuracy was awful. Not like Floyd kicked the shit out of him or anything but 100% outboxed.

Casuals didnt like it, fans did.

It's sad. After watching the epilogue and manny brings up the excuse At the conference. Freddie roach then starts saying his shoulder hurt manny worse as the fight went on. Wtf through no audio do you hear anything about a shoulder injury or them talking about it In between rounds. Nor did you hear about after the fight When he thought he won. They needed a few moments to get their excuse together.

Disgrace to the sport. These guys have been a sham now for years. Making up excuses for the negotiation and now This.

instead of giving floyd props they tried to take the respect he deserved away. You can see floyd ginuinely upset when he first learns of this.

Manny "the excuses" pacquiao

It's sad. After watching the epilogue and manny brings up the excuse At the conference. Freddie roach then starts saying his shoulder hurt manny worse as the fight went on. Wtf through no audio do you hear anything about a shoulder injury or them talking about it In between rounds. Nor did you hear about after the fight When he thought he won. They needed a few moments to get their excuse together.

Disgrace to the sport. These guys have been a sham now for years. Making up excuses for the negotiation and now This.

instead of giving floyd props they tried to take the respect he deserved away. You can see floyd ginuinely upset when he first learns of this.

How many times has Mayweather claimed he underperformed because of an injury? and then didnt have any thing to back it after.. Manny was legit hurt.. had surgery.. it is what it is.. if you want a make believe level of victory for Floyd where reality doesnt come into play at all..... that's your business.. but you have to realize how ridiculous you sound.. what difference does it make anyways? Pac went into the fight.. it's on him.. but to sit here and spew all this hate just reeks of desperation for a fighter that doesn't need your desperation... Mayweather has done enough that he was already expected to win this fight.. the debate was not even about who would win.. it was about whether Floyd was scared or not..and he finally showed he was not...

I think you are the upset one.

Floyd already knew the injury before the fight started.

Let's get one fact straight from the outset. Neither fighter had so much as a scratch on their face after this fight was over. It was that lackluster in the action department.

The fight turned unto was a jab fest and cover up or tie up Mayweather. He never had any intention of opening up against Manny because he knew that would put him in danger. When Manny got close he tied up Manny in a head lock. When Manny was on the outside he threw a jab or a hook and ran away. Manny for his part was not nearly active enough due to a shoulder injury. The fight was very technical and conservative for both fighters. Floyd being the better boxer won on points.

To say this was a beat down or dominant performance for Mayweather is a pipe dream. Many of the rounds were close due to inactivity from both fighters. I would have been happier if Manny got knocked out in 5 rounds or vice versa. There was simply very few meaningful punches landed in this fight...

I regret spending the $100. I was left with a feeling that both fighters showed up to collect a paycheck not to entertain the fans. I will not be paying for another Mayweather fight. He is brilliant in the ring but his style is too conservative to warrant the $100 price tag. If I want to watch a track meet I can tune into the olympics. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Manny was being made to miss badly. He had his moments for sure but overall his accuracy was awful. Not like Floyd kicked the shit out of him or anything but 100% outboxed.

Casuals didnt like it, fans did.

I agree he was outboxed. And his accuracy isn't as sharp as it was a few years ago, especially late in the fight. And I agree that Floyd didn't exactly kick the shit out of him or whatever his fans here are saying. One thing I did notice on my rewatch is how well Manny actually did cutting the ring off. His lateral movement was definitely there. He definitely trained hard for this fight. But Floyd just kept beating him to the punch. Cornering a guy doesn't mean shit unless you can get off first. A couple of times Manny hesitated and I really don't know why.

Also, when he hurt Floyd in the fourth and unloaded on him on the ropes, that was actually some beautiful work. But then he took a step back, I have no idea why. Even the commentators mentioned it. Shoulder pain maybe? I was actually looking for the moment he hurt it in this fight and I think it was a counter right hand to the top of Floyd's head in the 4th round. He never really used that punch much again after that. He threw the jab a lot and Floyd had him reaching for sure.

Showtime interview from today

And love the end of the vid. "Good Job Al Haymon"

my goodness this interview is hilarious.

he's hyping up the rematch in typical Floyd fashion.

Pac made 25 million?

so May apparently sucks at math. cmon Floyd! you are disrespecting the sport! (sarcasm)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back