Mayweather-Pacquiao 2

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Pacquiao claimed the WBA welterweight title Sunday, defeating Lucas Matthysse by TKO and claiming his 60th career win. Afterward, he challenged Mayweather, who has appeared to flirt with the idea of transitioning to mixed martial arts for a big payday.

“Mayweather? If he decides to go back to boxing then that is the time we are going to call the shots,” Pacquiao told reporters when asked about a possible rematch, according to ESPN 5. “I have the belt, so it’s up to him. If he wants to come back in boxing, let’s do a second one.”

Mayweather, 41, has not fought since his blockbuster brawl with Conor McGregor in Aug. 2017. Pacquiao is 39 and seems to be in vintage shape.

If the fight with Mayweather doesn’t work out, look for Pacquiao to take on Amir Khan or Vasyl Lomachenko.

“Yes that’s a potential opponent; Amir Khan,” Pacquiao said. “There’s a lot of potential opponents there, like Lomachenko, there are so many fighters that have potential to be my opponent next.”

Floyd is only coming out for a 100 million dollar payday.

Would you be interested in a rematch? Rematch still sells 2 million PPV’s easily

I’d pay and watch again if Floyd were to fight toe to toe like he did against McNugget

wow pac really wants the $$$

the 1st fight floyd clearly won...never heard anyone wanting a rematch

Its been long enough for the masses to forget how bad their hero looked against Floyd so it would probably sell monster numbers again, smart to get the build up started again

I would watch. Same fight, I think.

The most important thing to come out of that article was knowing there's an ESPN 5, almost nearing ESPN 8 "The Ocho"

I would watch. Same fight, I think.
I actully think it might be more interesting.
Couple things: Floyd has clearly shown he doesn't have much interest in the preparation aspect of prize fighting anymore, yet he's disciplined enough to know what he has to do, but that will make him not quite as sharp as he could be (notwithstanding age)...
Floyd also doesn't seem to be interested in the pot shot, defense and move, sharp game, either. I mean, he fights how he fights but maybe a little bit of "Pretty Boy Floyd" comes out of him cause he just wants to try and get Manny out of there and feels Pacman would be vulnerable enough to go for it, sit on his punches and fight in front of Manny like he did against "Chop-Chop" Corley...
Manny isnt the same I don't care how he looked against Matty.
Wasn't it you or LI that said when they both get in their 40s it would actually be the fight everyone wanted to see?
I'd watch and I think there'd be more fun in watching it.

Floyd starches Manny though with superior countering in the pocket, Pacman might get KO'd.
But I doubt the fight really happens.

I actully think it might be more interesting.
Couple things: Floyd has clearly shown he doesn't have much interest in the preparation aspect of prize fighting anymore, yet he's disciplined enough to know what he has to do, but that will make him not quite as sharp as he could be (notwithstanding age)...
Floyd also doesn't seem to be interested in the pot shot, defense and move, sharp game, either. I mean, he fights how he fights but maybe a little bit of "Pretty Boy Floyd" comes out of him cause he just wants to try and get Manny out of there and feels Pacman would be vulnerable enough to go for it, sit on his punches and fight in front of Manny like he did against "Chop-Chop" Corley...
Manny isnt the same I don't care how he looked against Matty.
Wasn't it you or LI that said when they both get in their 40s it would actually be the fight everyone wanted to see?
I'd watch and I think there'd be more fun in watching it.

Floyd starches Manny though with superior countering in the pocket, Pacman might get KO'd.
But I doubt the fight really happens.

Not me that I remember, but that's not setting the bar real high.

I would watch, but it would almost certainly be another lop-sided win for Floyd. Floyd could probably even hang in the pocket a bit more and Pac still won't find him and will take a worse beating. Floyd is a another level, basically. But he's old too, so who knows, I guess.

Not me that I remember, but that's not setting the bar real high.

I would watch, but it would almost certainly be another lop-sided win for Floyd. Floyd could probably even hang in the pocket a bit more and Pac still won't find him and will take a worse beating. Floyd is a another level, basically. But he's old too, so who knows, I guess.
Yeah I think floyd hangs in close and beats Manny up pretty embarrasingly.

Id rather watch paint dry.

Filling tax forms > May vs Pac 2

I'd watch him starch Khan, but no interest in watching Mayweather mug him off again

i actually think mayweather deteriorated far more than pac, at least based on their last fights. floyd spanked mcgregor, but looked like shit doing it. pacman beat the breaks off of matthysse, who at least is a boxer with a pulse.

it's a pointless rematch, and floyd is probably smart enough not to take it.

Back