Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Now for something that’s much more substantive, if you look at the Nevada Athletic Commission’s event calendar, there is a boxing card scheduled for Saturday, August 26th at the MGM Grand, where Mayweather has exclusively fought for the last ten years.

“Mayweather Promotions will promote a professional boxing event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. This event will be televised on Showtime.”

It should be noted that the UFC does not have an event of any kind scheduled for that evening. UFC president Dana White has already said that if Mayweather-McGregor does happen, it would be a regular boxing PPV staged by Mayweather Promotions.

There is, of course, the possibility that Mayweather Promotions is using that date for a regular Showtime Boxing card that’s independent of a McGregor bout, but there aren’t any known Mayweather-promoted fighters whose bouts are targeted for August 26th. Mayweather Promotions also has July 29th reserved for the same venue.

Now for something that’s much more substantive, if you look at the Nevada Athletic Commission’s event calendar, there is a boxing card scheduled for Saturday, August 26th at the MGM Grand, where Mayweather has exclusively fought for the last ten years.

“Mayweather Promotions will promote a professional boxing event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. This event will be televised on Showtime.”

It should be noted that the UFC does not have an event of any kind scheduled for that evening. UFC president Dana White has already said that if Mayweather-McGregor does happen, it would be a regular boxing PPV staged by Mayweather Promotions.

There is, of course, the possibility that Mayweather Promotions is using that date for a regular Showtime Boxing card that’s independent of a McGregor bout, but there aren’t any known Mayweather-promoted fighters whose bouts are targeted for August 26th. Mayweather Promotions also has July 29th reserved for the same venue.
July 29 is Broner vs Garcia. August 26 is probably another Mayweather promoted fighter.

Source has confirmed to ESPN.com Mayweather Promotion plans to file request with Nevada State Athletic Commission for Aug. 26 date for potential Conor McGregor fight. Deal not yet finalized and both Mayweather and McGregor have yet to file complete boxing license applications, but the bout is looking more real by the day.

The Mayweather-McGregor card is expected to be a boxing-only card, and Mayweather has said he wants two of his company's top fighters to appear on it, Badou Jack (21-1-2, 12 KOs), a former super middleweight world titleholder who vacated his belt in January to move up to light heavyweight, and junior lightweight world titlist Gervonta Davis (18-0, 17 KOs).

Shit fight. Biggest Cherry pick of all time.

McGregor's head trainer and good friend John Kavanagh is keen for 'The Billion Dollar Fight' to take place at that weight. "That's another one to be argued back and forward. I know he fought Canelo [Alvarez] at 152 pounds," Kavanagh told ESPN's Brett Okamoto. "So, he has fought as heavy as that. Let's see what he accepts.

I can tell you that Conor will make whatever weight it has to be. "But I will be pushing that he fought Canelo at 152, so he should fight Conor at 152." - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/mcgregor...-bout-happen-152--117488#sthash.j3uLMBgF.dpuf

all the boxing fans who are so convinced that conor has 0% chance of winning should post their betting slips

At the MGM grand? What Floyd fighter can sell that venue?

Gervonta Davis? He definitely has star potential. I just think if it was to be MayMac the fight would have been announced a month ago and we'd be in the midst of a promotional tsunami right now. But who knows, maybe given the amount of hype generated thus far the parties involved think 2 months is enough time to sell the public in this con job.

Joke of a fight. Doubt I'll watch it

all the boxing fans who are so convinced that conor has 0% chance of winning should post their betting slips

I'm pretty sure most boxing fans don't give 2 shits about the fight

to bet on floyd? the odds must be ludicrously low.

Can this thread get a lock sometime soon. I see all the lurkers below and no, as a sub forum no regulars are interested in this nonsense.

He also said at the press conference following Gervonta Davis's last fight that he wasn't a junior middleweight. He will probably push for 147, and who can blame him for that?

Floyd fought as high as 154, against much better fighters than McGregor. Cotto and De La Hoya were both fought at 154.

Back