Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
There were even a couple of long time, respected posters on this subforum who asserted that Toney would win that fight. That's basically how you disqualify yourself from the discussion for all future. I mean, how fucking retarded would you be to not see how that fight was going to go?
Yep. See my signature. Its a trophy from back in the day from a "well-respected" boxing know-it-all. I forgot his name but hes been gone a long time, unless he changed his name

It's not the age difference that matters, it's the skill difference. Conor has no chance. His power is also overrated. Guys like Canelo, Cotto, and De La Hoya all hit harder than Conor and none of those guys had anything for Floyd. I'd bet a lot of welters Floyd fought also hit harder than Conor. The UFC marketing machine if fucking amazing...

I doubt very much that Connor can match the power of the current top 5 WWs other than 1 punch power. These guys would all be smaller as well and would be far more dangerous for mcgregor than Floyd cus they'd all knock him out, and probably pretty quickly

There is very little risk in this fight for mcgregor

You know, MMA fans are probably the easiest sports fans to fool. I see a lot of people that believe McGregor's got this.
As opposed to who? Kickboxing fans? Wrestling fans? Karate fans? There is no precident so that makes little sense.

"McGregor does the Ali shuffle at a presser in London. I'm convinced, they're the same!"

As opposed to who? Kickboxing fans? Wrestling fans? Karate fans? There is no precident so that makes little sense.
Just in general. Stacked cards, UFC P4P rankings, McGregor beating Floyd etc. They believe anything.

Just in general. Stacked cards, UFC P4P rankings, McGregor beating Floyd etc. They believe anything.
Dont forget how the reebook deal was the greatest move ever

McGregor tries to sell it I guess. I think he tries a little too hard.

I felt a little sorry for Floyd in parts, nobody can match McG at that shit.

As for the fight, I predict Floyd wins 11 rds to 1 - Conor's Rd being a 10-8.
Everyone goes home happy and rich, no harm done.
These ppv prices are a fucking nonsense though, twice the price of May/Pac.is being predicted <Eek2.0> over here, fleecing cunts.

Probably because it's so fucking huge at this point, lots of people means lots of fuckwits too, it's inevitable.

I am glad I could amuse you. I dropped this thread off and came back a day later to see if I got some nibbles, sure enough 2 pages from the Sherdog faithful. I am a little surprised that no one is thinking that maybe Mayweather has nothing left in the gas tank and is coming in to take a dive for a last payday. That would be another similarity to Liston.
Going out on a limb with an out in left field idea like this really doesn't gain me anything except seeing if anyone else see some similarities like I have. I will still probably drop $100 on Mayweather by TKO/KO/DQ - it has a +220 on it right now and is the most likely result. Mystic Mac doesn't have the gas tank to keep his arms up for 12 rounds.
I really don't see a comparison with Liston. Mayweather may be coming back since he's cash strapped (liquid) and taking a fight that probably is more a spectacle but he's always been in shape. He's more a Hopkins than a Liston. By the end Liston was reportedly having addiction issues and didn't even look good skipping rope.

Last edited:
It's a tribute to the way the UFC can market a fight. I think they convinced a few that James Toney really had a chance against Couture.
I love Toney but he has the worst style to adapt to MMA. In boxing it's a wonder to watch him make guys miss while standing right in front of them. In MMA that translates to an easy TD.

The fight should of course never have been sanctioned. Sure, Conor is a top level pro fighter, but in a very different sport, so allowing him to fight a 12 round fight against an unbeaten opponent considered by some to be the best to ever do it reeks of corruption, incompetence, or both.

The NSAC sanctioning this is strictly greed on their part. No more, no less. Unlike in prior years where they were state funded and were given an annual budget, they've become self funded over the last year or two. Because they'll be getting 2% of the total gate for this fight directly they stand to make a seven figure payday for themselves. The chances of them sanctioning a fight like this in 2014 (or before) would have been much, much less likely because they didn't stand to gain anything by doing so. But nowadays with them having a direct financial interest in doing so it becomes a no-brainer for them to sanction it.

I'll tell you what people are ignoring here that I believe will be the difference- Floyd's body punching. I pretty much guarantee no one has ever hit Conor to the body like Floyd will.

Everyone has always overlooked Floyd's commitment to body punching.

That sneaky jab to the stomach drains cardio

For sure Conklin also rise fast , very inspiring

15.-%E2%80%9CIrish%E2%80%9D-Terry-Conklin-%E2%80%93-The-Great-White-Hype.jpg
Been a while since I watched the whole movie, but Conklin wasn't actually Irish, right?

Been a while since I watched the whole movie, but Conklin wasn't actually Irish, right?
He was marketed as Irish but wasn't , the part that always kills me is the little girl dropping the Irish flag !

i'm shocked how many of you guys think this will go to decision, or that mcgregor might actually win a round.

now i honestly can't tell if i'm missing something here, or all of you have collectively lost your minds.

There's a guy in this thread who thinks Mcgregor of all people will have figured out how to time Floyd's pull counter because Maidana did it once.

Back