"Mayweather McGregor a mockery to the sport of boxing" - Canelo Alvarez

Would Canelo decline an offer to fight on the undercard if given ppv percentages?

It is a mockery just like James Toney and CM Punk were to the UFC.

getting baited into asking if he would fight mcgregor is not the same as expressing interest in fighting mcgregor.

yes boxing has been a money grab forever, but an amateur white guy with zero pro fights vs a black undefeated champ is literally the plot to "the great white hype".

it is not legitimate. i will still order it, but it is a farce.

I agree, it's a farce, but boxing has always been a farce, there's never been a real emphasis on supposed legitimacy when it comes to what's gonna make money

I don't believe Alvarez was baited, i think he's being a hypocrite because if he was offered the fight and the money, he'd take it too. He doesn't care about what's a mockery, he knows it's a money game

that's perfectly fine. you want to see it, a lot of people want to see it... and that's why its happening. doesn't mean what Canelo said isn't true.

yes I will buy the ppv too, but it still kinda is a mockery to the integrity of the sport of boxing when one of their GOATs decide to fight a guy who is 0-0, dont you think? I think Canelo is right.

Boxing hasn't cared about integrity for decades. For all that talk about it being a mockery, canelo would take the fight in a heartbeat

Canelo is being a jealous drama queen. Hope he saved his payday. He doesn't see it from Floyd Mayweather Jr's perspective.

The UFC has been talking shit about Mayweather for years. Ronda could beat him, Conor could beat him and Dana keeps disrespecting Floyd jr. Did they expect him to come to the UFC?

Why wouldn't Mayweather say, "OK, let's box?" He's not the one stuck with a UFC contract. He's not the one who went looking for a feud with the UFC. The UFC aren't going to convince him to take a cheap purse. The UFC's grubby hands will be all over Conor's salary.

Let Conor box Mayweather? Bring up more talk about the UFC fighters not being paid appropriately. I love the new clueless WME-IMG management. Maybe the should have started with buying Bellator.

McGregor does over a million.. basically by himself. Even mayweather can't do that.
Exactly, these cunts that attribute all these numbers to just Mayweather are delusional. What numbers did he do against Berto in his last fight????? Exactly my point. His best numbers were because of him AND HIS OPPONENT. Connors numbers are more or less all because of him and I'm a big Connor hater saying that.

I agree. Anyone who pays for this fight is straight up dumb. Two multi-millionaires scamming the public to make hundreds of millions, that's all this "fight" is.

I don't think it matters. If you are a Floyd fan or Conor fan then they will pay to watch it. Boxing experts says it will be an embarrassment but they said they will watch it because it will be entertaining. Not many times we will see UFC fighter going to another sport to succeed.

LOL boxers should not talk about mockery. whole damn sport is a joke. They all cherry pick to protect records. When is Can gonna fight GGG BTW?

i think we already know about this but still want to see it, even if we say we don't. Just like when James toney came to the UFC to get embarrass by Randy Coture.

Beyond mayweathers undefeated pro boxing career, wasn't he an Olympian also?

Conor is a great mma boxer just like GSP is a great mma wrestler but I don't even think Georges could be beat koscheck in a pure wrestling match and kos isn't even an Olympian. So yeah it seems pretty far fetched to me to think Conor might win.

Good for him if the fight happens and he does though, obviously.

Psssshhhh, I love a good freakshow fight. It's even better when the guys involved are famous. Sport, schmort...I demand to be amused

Back