"Mayweather McGregor a mockery to the sport of boxing" - Canelo Alvarez

I agree. Anyone who pays for this fight is straight up dumb. Two multi-millionaires scamming the public to make hundreds of millions, that's all this "fight" is.

You summed it up perfect!!!

hes right as a boxing purist i dont want to see the great mayweather taint his record and legacy by fighting someone who isnt a boxer in 1) his last fight 2) fight to break marcianos record

Hate Mayweather but him breaking Marciano's record by fighting Mcgregor is absurd

I dont know why canelo is unhappy about it. Its a retired boxer vs a mma fighter. Only if conor wins then it becomes something. Floyd would have to live with that shame lol

I dont know why canelo is unhappy about it. Its a retired boxer vs a mma fighter. Only if conor wins then it becomes something. Floyd would have to live with that shame lol

he's unhappy with it because it is a freakshow fight, and he's right, it is a freakshow fight. it is a full on money grab.

i'll obviously still order it, but i definitely will not respect myself.

He's right, but he's coward for ducking GGG

From what i see, i feel like canelos comments are laced with a bit of jealousy.
Floyd is basically a non factor in boxing rankings at this point. A fight with conor holds no weight for the sport.
Its basically a move to put a ton of money in the pockets of a few, including the fighters, and capitalize on the cheerleading that goes on between the sports of mma and boxing. Everyone is already picking a side, and the fight hasn't even been officially announced yet.
Canelo wants to be a spotlight fighter, and knows that floyd vs conor will probably sell far more ppvs and generate more money than his fight with floyd did.
He doesn't like the fact that an mma fighter can come in and get a much larger payday than he has ever gotten over the course of his entire career on his very first fight.
The bottom line is, Canelo had his shot at Floyd, and he blew it. He got completely outclassed.
I think Canelos anger is centered around money, not towards what this fight makes boxing look like.

They are scared. If Conor comes in and knocks Floyd out... boxing is dead.
Especially because the boxing world has created an entire myth around Mayweather and his magical powers.

Canelo is right but he cant really talk with how badly hes been ducking GGG the past year.

he's unhappy with it because it is a freakshow fight, and he's right, it is a freakshow fight. it is a full on money grab.

i'll obviously still order it, but i definitely will not respect myself.

I will order it in the hope conor gets a lucky shot and floyd has to deal with the humiliation of losing to an mma fighter and having that 1 loss on his record. That would eat at him for the rest of his days.

From what i see, i feel like canelos comments are laced with a bit of jealousy.
Floyd is basically a non factor in boxing rankings at this point. A fight with conor holds no weight for the sport.
Its basically a move to put a ton of money in the pockets of a few, including the fighters, and capitalize on the cheerleading that goes on between the sports of mma and boxing. Everyone is already picking a side, and the fight hasn't even been officially announced yet.
Canelo wants to be a spotlight fighter, and knows that floyd vs conor will probably sell far more ppvs and generate more money than his fight with floyd did.
He doesn't like the fact that an mma fighter can come in and get a much larger payday than he has ever gotten over the course of his entire career on his very first fight.
The bottom line is, Canelo had his shot at Floyd, and he blew it. He got completely outclassed.
I think Canelos anger is centered around money, not towards what this fight makes boxing look like.
i mean if canelo was the one who was offered mcgregor he for sure would take it but i dont think its about jealousy
its one of the biggest drawbacks of prizefighting imo, no other sport allow for randoms to just walk onto the biggest stage at the highest level and compete (floyd/conor, punk in the ufc). its not unreasonable to be salty about that

It's definitely a farce and honestly an insult to boxing in a lot of ways. With a win, Mayweather passes Marciano's undefeated record - and this is the fight he'll take to get there? Come on.

But...Floyd doesn't have any belts since he retired, so it's not like there's a contender being fucked over like Ferguson is being fucked over in the UFC. It's not encouraging other "money fights" no one wants to see, holding up other divisions (i.e. Bisping vs GSP).

It's bad for boxing. It's not going to endear Floyd to any boxing fans. But MMA is being screwed over pretty damn hard, too, and not just as a sport but also legitimate contenders who have earned their status by winning fights against other contenders and now have to take a backseat to bullshit "money fights" no one asked for.

I disagree with these guys for the reason that its not really a pro boxing fight. I see this as more of a exhibition style fight between a retired boxer and a top mma fighter for show and a spectacle. Floyd doesnt want to come back to boxing and Conor is a mma fighter, its all in show for fans and money. There are no belts on the line or the boxing rankings wont be affected, this fight outside of those parameters and wont affect any other boxer or the sport.

Second....Oscar is sooooo full of shit and a hypocrite. This is from December.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...gregor-can-fight-canelo-alvarez-at-160-pounds

"If Conor is serious about fighting - first of all, would love to talk to him, and promote him. I mean, imagine Conor McGregor and Golden Boy coming together. But the only fight I would like to see, and this is the one that makes the most sense, it would be the most exciting, that would be a guaranteed knockout, is against Canelo Alvarez. And they're in the same weight class. So it makes all the sense in the world. Imagine. 154. 160. It would be at 160 actually."

Canalo interview from Sept.....calls out Conor

http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...regor-to-meet-him-in-the-boxing-ring-anytime/

"If he wants to try out boxing, then anytime he wants," Alvarez told reporters at a workout this week. "If he wants to come over to this side of the world and try boxing, anytime he wants to see that it's not as easy as he thinks."

And now they are crying in the media....STFU guys.
<1>

Money talks..

Shits on both MMA and Boxing.

Drama and hype sell so yea.

I agree with Canelo

I don't even understand why MMA fans want this fight. Connor vs Ferguson or Khabib is way more interesting anyway

After McGregor gets through with Mayweather, he should knock out this Mexican bum, whoever he is.

<BronTroll1>

I'm sorry, but the current state of boxing is a mockery of the sport of boxing. Maybe worry about that sir instead of this fight.

Last edited:
Don't worry Canelo after Conor beats Mayweather, he's coming for you.

Back