"Mayweather McGregor a mockery to the sport of boxing" - Canelo Alvarez

uwho22

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score

I agree. Anyone who pays for this fight is straight up dumb. Two multi-millionaires scamming the public to make hundreds of millions, that's all this "fight" is.

ATG vs a club fighter

canelo is right

They are scared. If Conor comes in and knocks Floyd out... boxing is dead.

Two pro fighters want to fight, who are we to judge, if you're not happy don't buy it simple as.

hes right as a boxing purist i dont want to see the great mayweather taint his record and legacy by fighting someone who isnt a boxer in 1) his last fight 2) fight to break marcianos record

Speaking with FightHub TV yesterday, boxing's lineal middleweight champion and professional avoider of Gennady Golovkin, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, added his name to the list of people ready to throw hands with McGregor.

"If he wants to try out boxing, then anytime he wants. If he wants to come over to this side of the world and try boxing, anytime he wants, to see that it's not as easy as he thinks," Alvarez said.

Scamming lol. Im definitely interested in seeing it even if Conor loses. It will be IMO the most interesting "boxing" match in the last decade. Watching two boxers box for 12 round or whatever it is, is dull as heeeell. I think thats why most of us watch MMA if we have a preference for fight sports. Mockery or not, I want to see it.

About as big of a mockery as him repeatedly ducking GGG

More guys should take on #1 contenders like Chavez Jr.

<DirkMavs>

Canelo being spoon fed opponents is a mockery of the sport. Chavez Jr coming for you <{monica}>

Mayweather vs Bieber would be a bigger fighter. Sadly, Bieber is not a bum like McGregor

Oh. No. Not. A. Mockery. What. Will. We. Ever. Do???

And here I was thinking Canelo made a mockery of the sport in his fight with Mayweather.

Agreed that is an absurd mismatch and mcgreg doesnt have a chance
---that said...I'll be watching the ppv

I agree. Anyone who pays for this fight is straight up dumb. Two multi-millionaires scamming the public to make hundreds of millions, that's all this "fight" is.

Entertainment isn't dumb, you pretentious purist peahead.

I disagree with these guys for the reason that its not really a pro boxing fight. I see this as more of a exhibition style fight between a retired boxer and a top mma fighter for show and a spectacle. Floyd doesnt want to come back to boxing and Conor is a mma fighter, its all in show for fans and money. There are no belts on the line or the boxing rankings wont be affected, this fight outside of those parameters and wont affect any other boxer or the sport.

Second....Oscar is sooooo full of shit and a hypocrite. This is from December.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...gregor-can-fight-canelo-alvarez-at-160-pounds

"If Conor is serious about fighting - first of all, would love to talk to him, and promote him. I mean, imagine Conor McGregor and Golden Boy coming together. But the only fight I would like to see, and this is the one that makes the most sense, it would be the most exciting, that would be a guaranteed knockout, is against Canelo Alvarez. And they're in the same weight class. So it makes all the sense in the world. Imagine. 154. 160. It would be at 160 actually."

Canalo interview from Sept.....calls out Conor

http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...regor-to-meet-him-in-the-boxing-ring-anytime/

"If he wants to try out boxing, then anytime he wants," Alvarez told reporters at a workout this week. "If he wants to come over to this side of the world and try boxing, anytime he wants to see that it's not as easy as he thinks."

And now they are crying in the media....STFU guys.

Back