Mayweather and Pacquiao real heights

Just watched Mayweather-Cotto, May was reminding me of someone, then I thought "roy jones" or rather "old roy Jones". The way he's going to the ropes so much. Difference is he's a lot better defensively there. I still see a great fight with maybe 8-4 decision for Mayweather. I am curious of whether Mayweather might try to stand and kayo Manny at any point, he is the bigger guy and Manny has been kayoed before so it makes you wonder if May will give it a try. I don't see Manny winning under any scenario though. I've often thought looping punches, wild punches is the best way to fight Mayweather, these guys like Cotto who throw nothing but straight punches are in a pretty hopeless situation. I don't see anything Magic about what may does, he stands up straight, angles his left shoulder, Maidana caught him with great punches by throwing wild punches but he didn't have the power or stamina to pull it off. Manny has never thrown looping punches, his arms are pretty short and he throws punches mainly down the center where Mayweather rarely gets hit. He'll catch him but not nearly enough to win.

]mayweathers line of vision is clearly over the head of Paciquao which would indicate aproximately a 4 inch height difference but hey what do i know.

The top of Pacquiao's head wouldn't even be reaching Mayweather's browline if there was a four inch difference in height.

de_la_hoya_3.jpg

The above is an example of what a four inch difference in height would closely resemble.

Here are both with Marquez (listed as 5' 7") during weigh in:
MayweatherMarquezWeighIn1.jpg

Manny+Pacquiao+v+Juan+Manuel+Marquez+Weigh+ZY8r17u70UOl.jpg

Marquez is wearing trainers in that little faceoff with Mayweather, as is Pacquiao with Cotto in that picture you posted.

Marquez and Pacquiao are both closer to 5'5 than they are 5'7.

Long arms are never a benefit.
The longer they are.... the heavier they are; therefore, the harder they are to hold out straight. By the 5th round Floyd won't even be able to hold his arms to punch.

Strong science...

Wow I hAvent been in this thread until now but holy shit the conversation i stepped into.

It's like watching 2 girls one cup. Not sure how to process this lol

Where they got this 5'7" 1/2 for Mayweather is puzzling. He's always come in at 5'8" solid or even closer to 5'8"1/2 in most of his fights. Manny always been 5'6" no surprise there. Might be the promotion trying to make sure the size looks comparable on paper.

Floyd was considerably bigger than Marquez when they were in the ring. & Marquez is about an inch taller than Pacquaio.

Floyd also has long arms for a welterweight.

Here is an interview with Mayweather saying that Pacquiao wore lifts in his shoes at the press conference to look closer to his height.

Floyd thinks Pacquiao was surprised by how big he is, and calls himself a "big welterweight" even though his weight doesn't fluctuate.

Start at 2:50

False
Manny doesnt wear lifts. He's not insecure about his height at all. He takes pics with various folks who tower over him all the time.

Here's Pacquiao and 5'8 Joshua Clottey barefoot weigh in staredown right after Manny stepped off the scale:

Manny+Pacquiao+v+Joshua+Clottey+Weigh+bMGJCzglL9al.jpg

Its pretty similar height difference that we saw when Floyd and Manny stood together for the face off. Hence no lifts or heels

False
Manny doesnt wear lifts. He's not insecure about his height at all. He takes pics with various folks who tower over him all the time.

Here's Pacquiao and 5'8 Joshua Clottey barefoot weigh in staredown right after Manny stepped off the scale:

Manny+Pacquiao+v+Joshua+Clottey+Weigh+bMGJCzglL9al.jpg

Its pretty similar height difference that we saw when Floyd and Manny stood together for the face off. Hence no lifts or heels

Manny has about an inch in the one with floyd. Could just be higher shows. My height varies depending if im wearing chucks or boots.

I've stood next to pac-man for a pic a couple times. He's not 5'6, closer to 5'5 or 5'4.

Back