MayMac did 4.4 million PPV buys

Honestly I expected it to do more than Floyd Vs Pacquiao. This is a casual's dream fight. A huge crossover event, with the ignorant casual masses somehow believing the mouthy Irishman would KO Floyd. Plus of course two fanbases instead of one. That alone should have netted it more.

Put it this way, I know people who ordered this fight, who have barely seen a boxing or MMA fight in their lives. That's how much it permeated the casual audience. The same can't be said for Floyd - Pacquiao, not in my experience anyway.

I guessed 4-4.6 (just under) domestic
It had a little more interest IMO, but more people stream now, so I thought it would equal out.

I guessed 4-4.6 (just under) domestic
It had a little more interest IMO, but more people stream now, so I thought it would equal out.

Do more people really stream now? That surprises me, if only because streams these days suck. I thought they'd be more streamers back in the veetle and sopcast days, when streams were actually rock solid and good.

Meltzer:

The latest estimate is 4.4 million domestic buys for McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr., or slightly behind the 4.6 million final total for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao in the U.S.
McGregor vs. Mayweather was bigger worldwide.
It should be noted that at the same point in time, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao was estimated at 4.4 million, so they are even.
The belief is because McGregor vs. Mayweather had a higher percentage of iPPV buys, and those are actual numbers that are tallied and won’t change, that the late growth won’t be quite as much, but nobody knows that for sure.
I still can’t get over how in 2017 we don’t have that number by the Monday after the show like we have all the movie numbers the next afternoon and TV ratings within a day or two. It doesn’t matter as much now because we know the general vicinity pretty quickly

-

Confirmation that the 4.4m is not final, but the domestic number should be in the 4.2-4.6 range

Even at 4.4, Floyd is going to clear 300 million. :eek:

Back